Rate the last movie you saw

ethiostar

Reaction score
TheCount;3977884 said:
Eh, I don't know about that. The first book is fantastic, the other two don't even seem like they were by the same author.

I liked all three books but IMO the 2nd one, The Girl Who Played with Fire, was the best out of the three.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ethiostar;3978077 said:
I liked all three books but IMO the 2nd one, The Girl Who Played with Fire, was the best out of the three.

I liked the second one but I didn't like the introduction of the superhuman freak of nature or the championship boxer. I could say more but I don't want to ruin it for people that haven't read them.

The first one was so grounded and serious and then the second one was like a comic book full of superheroes and superspies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad Teacher 5/10

I knew what to expect, but I was expecting more haha along the lines of Bad Santa..

And I absolutely hated the ending...Very obvious and still got a big boooo out of me.

Mod note: Decided to sticky this thread finally.. Too popular not to. *shrug*

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Battle Los Angeles - 7/10

Exceeded my expectations for sure. It's a sci-fi shoot em up, but it was basically non-stop action.

JBS

Reaction score
Bad Teacher 5/10 - didn't expect much and still didn't like it

Hangover 2 - 7/10 I liked it more than most

Xmen 1st class - 7.5/10

Bridesmaids - 8/10 way funnier than I expected

V for Vendetta -7.5/10

Memento - 5/10 really didn't like this movie at all

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GloryDaysRBack;3980635 said:
Bad Teacher 5/10 - didn't expect much and still didn't like it

Hangover 2 - 7/10 I liked it more than most

Xmen 1st class - 7.5/10

Bridesmaids - 8/10 way funnier than I expected

V for Vendetta -7.5/10

Memento - 5/10 really didn't like this movie at all
Did a little movie hopping?

I really do need to go see Bridesmaids.. I've heard it's quite funny

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3980441 said:
Mod note: Decided to sticky this thread finally.. Too popular not to. *shrug*

Could you get the book rating thread too? It's one of my favs too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;3977884 said:
Eh, I don't know about that. The first book is fantastic, the other two don't even seem like they were by the same author.

They differently differ, but that's because it's a whole different circumstance. I enjoyed all three.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Super 8 - 8/10

I thought it was very good, even the alien. All the actors were very good, and Abrams did a commendable job directing.

I do find it funny how a lot of people are saying Elle Fanning was their favorite (not that she wasn't good) when a major part of the storyline is that she's a natural actor while the rest of them are terrible. In reality though, all the kids were terrific in this and of course Kyle Chandler, who will always be Coach Eric Taylor to me, was fantastic.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
nyc;3980922 said:
They differently differ, but that's because it's a whole different circumstance. I enjoyed all three.

No doubt about that, but the introduction of The Incredible Hulk to a story that had been about family dynamics and some pretty heinous, human circumstances completely threw everything out of whack for me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;3980929 said:
No doubt about that, but the introduction of The Incredible Hulk to a story that had been about family dynamics and some pretty heinous, human circumstances completely threw everything out of whack for me.

I agree about the hulk. His makeup was a bit much, though I was able to overlook that.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I saw some "catch-up" movies over the weekend:

True Grit: 6 of 10. I actually applaud a good remake, but this just was just average. I could not get into the characters. Bridges did a good job, but he just could not carry the role or the movie. Matt Damon was underwhelming, as was the girl who played Mattie Ross. Barry Pepper's role was a very pleasant surprise.

Black Swan: 8 of 10. Maybe it is just that I had no idea about what this movie was really about, but wow, this was a very good movie. I was expecting some ballerina back-sassing and got some serious psychotic craziness. Some of the scenes made me really squirm. The lines between what was real and what was imagined reminded me of American Psycho (in a good way). Also, I was also really surprised at the surround sound in this movie.

Black Death: 6 of 10. Lower budget film with Sean Bean about Knights investigating rumors of a witch keeping a village safe during the black plague. Certainly not a warm and fuzzy movie. Decent flick considering I streamed it off of NetFlix.

Inception: 7 of 10. Good movie, but I admit I was a little disappointed based on the build-up from friends, family and the reviews on the Zone. The visual and surround experience was pure brilliance, as was the concept. The story itself was so-so. I figured out the ending less than halfway through the movie (and I'm not that bright :p: )

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3981013 said:
I saw some "catch-up" movies over the weekend:

True Grit: 6 of 10. I actually applaud a good remake, but this just was just average. I could not get into the characters. Bridges did a good job, but he just could not carry the role or the movie. Matt Damon was underwhelming, as was the girl who played Mattie Ross. Barry Pepper's role was a very pleasant surprise.

Black Swan: 8 of 10. Maybe it is just that I had no idea about what this movie was really about, but wow, this was a very good movie. I was expecting some ballerina back-sassing and got some serious psychotic craziness. Some of the scenes made me really squirm. The lines between what was real and what was imagined reminded me of American Psycho (in a good way). Also, I was also really surprised at the surround sound in this movie.

Inception: 7 of 10. Good movie, but I admit I was a little disappointed based on the build-up from friends, family and the reviews on the Zone. The visual and surround experience was pure brilliance, as was the concept. The story itself was so-so. I figured out the ending less than halfway through the movie (and I'm not that bright :p: )
Wow, tough crowd.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;3981013 said:
Black Swan: 8 of 10.

Inception: 7 of 10.
Inception got a 10/10 from me. If Black Swan is the better movie, it's gonna knock my socks off.

Lodeus

Reaction score
I saw the Devil: 8/10

Pretty violent and brutal at times, but a great revenge movie.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recently saw Inception and The Social Network...found both a little over hyped.

They were OK IMO but nowhere as good as I thought they would be.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lodeus;3981065 said:
I saw the Devil: 8/10

Pretty violent and brutal at times, but a great revenge movie.

I hope that comes on one of the movie channels soon. Saw a short clip of it and it looked pretty wicked.