Rate the last movie you saw

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
peplaw06;3982016 said:
Well, I'm not a tort lawyer... but I have to admit, I wouldn't really call what the gov't has been doing "tort reform." :)

Off topic, but did you ever read King of Torts? That was the first John Grisham book I ever read. Today, I don't remember a damn thing about it! :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
nyc;3982276 said:
Off topic, but did you ever read King of Torts? That was the first John Grisham book I ever read. Today, I don't remember a damn thing about it! :laugh2:
Yep... I liked it, but on the Grisham scale it was probably a 5-6. It's been probably 6 years or so since I read it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
peplaw06;3982267 said:
sure you could do that... of course it would be more complicated than that. I.e. why were you around the Guy. Were you trying to instigate something? Then there's the whole perjury and lying to law enforcement thing. But I guess there's a chance you could get away with it.

Side note: the whole self-defense thing is usually reserved for when you kill someone. If its just an assault, there's nothing stopping the cops from charging both you and the recently released Guy with assault.

I would have a reason to be around him. Theres a common thread.

Sounds like a go

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Green Lantern 7.5 out of 10

It actually seemed that this movie would have been better if it spent another good 30 minutes with some better character development. Wow, not often I find myself saying that a movie should have been longer. I suspect the extended version on Blu Ray will end up being a good watch if they add some background to the supporting cast and more of Hal Jordan's time training to be a Green Lantern.

Good news is that I can see a sequel that will be better than the first. This one has that type of ability with the way the movie set things up.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3982848 said:
I would have a reason to be around him. Theres a common thread.

Sounds like a go
:laugh2:

Not exactly my advice, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Transformers: Dark of the Moon -- 8/10

This is basically everything awesome about the first two movies rolled into an almost incomprehensible mass. It's just pure CG pr0n, with purposeful cheesiness and sophomoric humor. And that's why it's awesome.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;3982997 said:

This is basically everything awesome about the first two movies rolled into an almost incomprehensible mass. It's just pure CG pr0n, with purposeful cheesiness and sophomoric humor. And that's why it's awesome.

Good news!

I'm looking forward to it. I really don't see what the critics slamming this one are thinking. It's supposed to be a fun movie...not The Godfather.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;3982997 said:

That's what I expect.....just trying to decide whether or not to spend the extra loot for 3D for the four of us.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
I saw Cars 2 over the weekend. My son pulled my arm to get me up out of the seat and then lead me out of the theater...for what it's worth. And this is a kid who, the first time he saw Cars, watched it from start to finish (on DVD).

For me, I didn't think it was as good as the previous film. It's okay, but the story is somewhat involved and a bit too complex for most kids under, say 5-6 years old.

It seemed pretty rushed, too...a lot happening and squeezed into the 100+ minutes of the film. That, and the characters don't really connect like they did in the first installment.

It's worth seeing...just don't expect to be as good as Cars. I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 4.

I also saw Super 8 recently. Let's just say we're talking the usual Spielberg story elements, not in a bad way, just the way it's constructed, i.e. the kids in the story are the center of things, not the alien or special effects. Nice story and lots of fun, though I thought it got a bit too carried away for the last 30-45 minutes. Definitely worth seeing.

3 out of 4.

JBS

Reaction score
I didn't like transformers 3 nearly as much as the first 2

6.5/10

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Dodger;3983115 said:
I saw Cars 2 over the weekend. My son pulled my arm to get me up out of the seat and then lead me out of the theater...for what it's worth. And this is a kid who, the first time he saw Cars, watched it from start to finish (on DVD).

For me, I didn't think it was as good as the previous film. It's okay, but the story is somewhat involved and a bit too complex for most kids under, say 5-6 years old.

It seemed pretty rushed, too...a lot happening and squeezed into the 100+ minutes of the film. That, and the characters don't really connect like they did in the first installment.

It's worth seeing...just don't expect to be as good as Cars. I'd give it 2 1/2 out of 4.

Also took my son to see it. I enjoyed it more then the first but my son didn't, and we didn't go see it for my amusement. A little to much Mater for my liking as well.

My rating 7/10

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Just got back from Transformers 3. Loved it. It's a freaking 2 1/2 hour long CGI orgasm...and I'm not really all that big on CGI. I was pleasantly surprised by Fox's replacement's acting....I'm not sure what the critics were put off by...outside of that stupid slow mo scene with her hair waving around, but that's hardly her fault.

This topped X-Men FC for me. 8.5/10

JBS

Reaction score
What was so good about The King's Speech? It wasn't interesting..it was longer than necessary..being frank, it was very dull and boring..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Green Lantern 7/10.

Not even close to as bad as the critics made it out to be.

But it had great potential to be better than it was.

JBS

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3984113 said:
Green Lantern 7/10.

Not even close to as bad as the critics made it out to be.

But it had great potential to be better than it was.

That's good to head..I've skipped it bc of the poor reviews..I think I'll give it a shot now

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/46286206.jpg

6.5/10.0

Michael Bay knows action. Michael Bay knows CGI. What Michael Bay does not know is how to recapture the chemistry of his first Transformers movie in his sequels.