Rate the last movie you saw

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cars 2 - 4 out of 10. Behold the worst of the Pixar efforts! My son loved it, so I can at least hang my hat on that.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I tried to watch the new Nightmare on Elm Street. Dear god that was horrible. Whoever cast that movie should never be allowed to work again in the movie industry. Hell, work anywhere he was so incompetent. They picked a real wuss (Jackie Earle Haley) to play Freddy Krueger and he wasn't scary at all. Kyle Gallner was hideously bad. I couldn't even finish the movie it was so bad.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
nyc;3987069 said:
I tried to watch the new Nightmare on Elm Street. Dear god that was horrible. Whoever cast that movie should never be allowed to work again in the movie industry. Hell, work anywhere he was so incompetent. They picked a real wuss (Jackie Earle Haley) to play Freddy Krueger and he wasn't scary at all. Kyle Gallner was hideously bad. I couldn't even finish the movie it was so bad.

And the fact that they made Freddy look like a true burn victim was a little too realistic for my taste. Wasn't scary to me.

To be honest, Freddy has never scared me at all. But yes, that movie was bad.

------------------

Just saw Transformers 3 in 3D. This confirms that I will never again spend money to see a "3D" movie. Such a waste of money in my opinion.

The movie was alright. I'd like to see it again on a regular screen.

Michael Bay doing what he does best...blow **** up. If you look at it this way, the movie was a great popcorn flick. I'll give it a 7/10.

Transformers will always be near and dear to me since I watched the cartoon every day after school.

kmp77

Reaction score
nyc;3987069 said:

If you see Platinum Dunes associated with ANY movie....avoid it like the plague.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
nyc;3987069 said:

I thought Haley's performance was the only somewhat redeeming thing about that movie. He was much better than Englund, given the material.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3987723 said:
I thought Haley's performance was the only somewhat redeeming thing about that movie. He was much better than Englund, given the material.

The character is intentionally cheesy and darkly comic. Englund was great for it.

The new guy and movie was forgettable. Lot of kids die, he is stopped at the end.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3987723 said:

I strongly disagree with this. I only watched the first Nightmare on Elm St, so I can't offer anything on Englund's performances in the sequels, but he did a great job in the first one for what he was playing.

There was absolutely nothing good about the 2010 version. It was flat out terrible.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3988062 said:
I strongly disagree with this. I only watched the first Nightmare on Elm St, so I can't offer anything on Englund's performances in the sequels, but he did a great job in the first one for what he was playing.

There was absolutely nothing good about the 2010 version. It was flat out terrible.

Although the movies are about the same...story wise. And although Englund's initial Freddy was not as cheesy or funny as later sequels...it was still a different feel to the character.

I think this one was more of a serious type character while the other was more of a campy style.

I prefer Englund more as well but it was not too much difference between the original and this current remake over all.

I just liked the originals because they would always have freddy cracking lame jokes but if you go back and watch the original and some after that...they were really not done very well and not as good as most remember them.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3988194 said:
Although the movies are about the same...story wise. And although Englund's initial Freddy was not as cheesy or funny as later sequels...it was still a different feel to the character.

I think this one was more of a serious type character while the other was more of a campy style.

I prefer Englund more as well but it was not too much difference between the original and this current remake over all.

I just liked the originals because they would always have freddy cracking lame jokes but if you go back and watch the original and some after that...they were really not done very well and not as good as most remember them.

The franchise went downhill after the Fresh Prince got involved. Stupid Will Smith! :laugh2:
[YOUTUBE]LpKcCW9W4AA[/YOUTUBE]

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Friends with Benefits: 7/10. Not really a fan of Timberlake, but don't hate him. Really like Kunis, but her voice can get grating if she talks a lot. It was funnier than I expected it to be. There's a couple scenes with a flash mob that I had to shake my head at. Of course it all ends where everyone knows it's going to. It's a little more blunt and crude than your standard fare, and maybe that's why I found it more humorous than I find most of these movies. Not a bad flick, and pretty good for a date movie. I suspect it will fall off pretty dramatically on repeated viewings and not be nearly as funny, but for a single viewing with a packed theater, it was enjoyable. Comparing it to this year's early movie with a similar concept (No Strings Attached) this is definitely the more fun movie of the two.

JBS

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3988547 said:
Friends with Benefits: 7/10. Not really a fan of Timberlake, but don't hate him. Really like Kunis, but her voice can get grating if she talks a lot. It was funnier than I expected it to be. There's a couple scenes with a flash mob that I had to shake my head at. Of course it all ends where everyone knows it's going to. It's a little more blunt and crude than your standard fare, and maybe that's why I found it more humorous than I find most of these movies. Not a bad flick, and pretty good for a date movie. I suspect it will fall off pretty dramatically on repeated viewings and not be nearly as funny, but for a single viewing with a packed theater, it was enjoyable. Comparing it to this year's early movie with a similar concept (No Strings Attached) this is definitely the more fun movie of the two.

This movie isn't even out yet..I need to start downloading movies online

Kevinicus

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3988586 said:
This movie isn't even out yet..I need to start downloading movies online

gofobo.com
advancescreenings.com

Then you'll have to figure out what other sites to go to based on your area. I do not, and never will download movies off the internet (except for fanedits). The quality isn't even remotely up to my standards.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Good neighbors is 7 out of 10 rhumbs up with alot of suspense and surprises.
Almost no famous actors but well done. Its a little too graphic at times made for mature audiences.

JBS

Reaction score
Horrible Bosses 9/10..this movie was absolutely hilarious..Best comedy of the year so far

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hall Pass -- 4/10

Not a fan. Had some laughs, but not enough. Probably got two points for the hot Australian barrista.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Horrible Bosses - 8.5

Material not ground breaking but great performances all around. Except the Colin Farrell character was under-used or not up to par. Felt like they could have gotten more out of that.

I liek how they didnt try at all to give you a touching moment