Rate the last movie you saw

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3984113 said:
Green Lantern 7/10.

Not even close to as bad as the critics made it out to be.

But it had great potential to be better than it was.
I agree with this. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I guess my expectations were EXTREMELY low given the reviews.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DallasEast;3984413 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/46286206.jpg

6.5/10.0

Michael Bay knows action. Michael Bay knows CGI. What Michael Bay does not know is how to recapture the chemistry of his first Transformers movie in his sequels.

I've found that's it's almost always impossible to capture the magic of an origination movie.

Ironman 1 was better than IM2 because it didn't have the magic of Starks transformation to Ironman, the humor of the trial and error, etc.

Bay will never be able to capture the magic of seeing characters from your childhood in all their CGI glory for the first time.

I assure you, the plot of the first one was nothing special.

Lodeus

Reaction score
DallasEast;3984413 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/46286206.jpg

6.5/10.0

Michael Bay knows action. Michael Bay knows CGI. What Michael Bay does not know is how to recapture the chemistry of his first Transformers movie in his sequels.

I agree the first one was good but the last two not so much.

I also just watched 'The Man from Nowhere'

Great movie. Its kind of a Korean version of Taken, but with more violence and martial arts.

JBS

Reaction score
Midnight in Paris 8/10 - I will admit that it's not for everyone..most probably wouldn't like it..but I enjoyed it

Kevinicus

Reaction score
TheCount;3984442 said:
I've found that's it's almost always impossible to capture the magic of an origination movie.

Ironman 1 was better than IM2 because it didn't have the magic of Starks transformation to Ironman, the humor of the trial and error, etc.

Bay will never be able to capture the magic of seeing characters from your childhood in all their CGI glory for the first time.

I assure you, the plot of the first one was nothing special.

I think the first one had by far the least amount of "magic." Especially on repeated viewings.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I just saw Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon last night.

Can i give it a negative rating? Are those allowed? Because it was without a doubt the worst movie I have seen in probably the last 10 years. Holy cow, what a piece of garbage. 0/10.

Yes I saw the first two, and I didn't think they were as bad as all the hardcore longtime manchild Transformers fans would have had you believe. They were crap, but entertaining crap. This one, though, I just couldnt wait for it to end. I contemplated leaving halfway through and walking over to the bookstore or the mall to kill time while everyone else continued watching.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Death at a funeral. I Loved it! 9.4 out if 10. Simple, funny and a good mix of characters who played hilarious roles.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DIAF;3984547 said:

Can i give it a negative rating? Are those allowed? Because it was without a doubt the worst movie I have seen in probably the last 10 years. Holy cow, what a piece of garbage. 0/10.

Yes I saw the first two, and I didn't think they were as bad as all the hardcore longtime manchild Transformers fans would have had you believe. They were crap, but entertaining crap. This one, though, I just couldnt wait for it to end. I contemplated leaving halfway through and walking over to the bookstore or the mall to kill time while everyone else continued watching.

I'll never understand how someone ends up paying money to see a movie they end up rating 0/10, or the worst movie of the past 10 years. :laugh2:

Did you not see the trailers? Did you not realize what the movie was about and who was in it? Was the directing somehow worse than what you expected going to see a Michael Bay movie?

I have never in my life, paid to see a movie I ended up wanting to walk out of. Before it would ever get to that point, I'd have waited to catch it on DVD.

I mean are people really so easily fooled by trailers into seeing a terrible movie? It's not like you're throwing 5 bucks away these days either, you're probably shelling out $15+ to go see a movie you might hate?

I just don't get how that happens.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
bsheeern;3985455 said:
Death at a funeral. I Loved it! 9.4 out if 10. Simple, funny and a good mix of characters who played hilarious roles.

Disgusting toilet scene was a bit much.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Buried - 7/10
Ryan Reynolds in a coffin. whole movie

Bridesmaids - 8.5
I didn't want to like this bc kristen wiig drags down SNL so much. This being a hit will only lead to more of her sketches.

20 minutes too long but great characters. Wouldn't mind a sequel

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DIAF;3984547 said:

It wasn't bad, I was entertained, a bit long but not that bad. The 3D effects were decent.

Before the movie, I saw a preview for The Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I am so going to see that one, evil chimpanzees kicking the crap out of humans, nice!

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
I saw the Hangover 2 just recently. It's pretty good, but not quite as good as the first. 3 out of 4.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I don't understand why a lot of teenagers like the Transformers movies. Personally, I think they're stupid and a waste of a movie. I hated the 2nd one.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
TheCowboy;3986922 said:
I don't understand why a lot of teenagers like the Transformers movies. Personally, I think they're stupid and a waste of a movie. I hated the 2nd one.

Nobody really cares what teenagers like or don't like except other teenagers.

As soon as they're old enough to realize they're a hell of a lot dumber than they thought they were, they realize that 90% of the stuff they liked was stupid too. It's an indisputable fact. :D

I was told this and disregarded it. You probably will too, but in ten years......you'll see. ;)

/hijack

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tomson75;3986952 said:
Nobody really cares what teenagers like or don't like except other teenagers.

As soon as they're old enough to realize they're a hell of a lot dumber than they thought they were, they realize that 90% of the stuff they liked was stupid too. It's an indisputable fact. :D

I was told this and disregarded it. You probably will too, but in ten years......you'll see. ;)

/hijack
And then they'll grow up even more and be all nostalgic about everything they liked as a kid/teenager. :)