Rate the last movie you saw

Ranzo

Reaction score
Because of Winn Dixie FYI, Dave Matthews, yes that one, has a role and he pulls it off well. He even gets to play and sing a bit. It's a family movie with Jeff Daniels and Cecily Tyson who were strong in this one. BTW, it's an older release, not in theaters.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;4134168 said:
I'm not a big baseball guy, would you still recommend it? Looks interesting, but not even a big Jonah Hill fan either.
I really don't like baseball. And Jonah Hill is played out.

But, yeah, top 3 movie of the year.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;4134509 said:
I really don't like baseball. And Jonah Hill is played out.

But, yeah, top 3 movie of the year.

Jonah Hill is okay...Seth Rogan is BEYOND played out. Glad to hear it's a good movie, since my girl will be dragging me to it. haha.

kmp77

Reaction score
Drive - 9/10

Almost perfect movie. Very stylish, well acted, and well directed. Great music and camera work. The only thing that I wished they'd have done better is showing the driver's bad-a side. He seemed to be a butt kicker but the fight parts were handled kinda sloppily.

kmp77

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4145906 said:
Contagion - 4/10 - Dull, meandering, uneventful, Matt Damon

puppets-teamamerica-590x350.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I was sick as a dog yesterday (still am), and stayed home. (not today).

Anyway, while I was home I watched three movies.

Raising Arizona: 0/5 This movie seems to be a cult classic. (ie lots of people like it and it's still a bad movie) I hated it. It was annoying to watch. Especially John Goodman and William Forsythe's parts. I almost turned it off every time they started screaming in the car and wouldn't stop.

Catwoman: 1/5 This movie blew *** too. I understand the plot of how Catwoman came about, but at least try to make some part of it seems somewhat plausible please. The only reason it gets one star is because Halley Berry is hot. Even then, most of her in the film was digitally enhanced.

How to train a dragon: 4/5 This digital cartoon whipped the hell out of both of the other movies. It is a decent flick.

Wimbo

Reaction score
12 Monkeys (1995) I give it 4 out of 5 rating. Stars Bruce Willis and Madeline Stow, with Brad Pitt as a secondary character. Pitt was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, but lost. Pitt did win a Golden Globe, though.
This film is a Sci-Fi drama. Although clearly Sci-Fi themed (man travels back in time to gather information about a virus that nearly wiped out all of mankind), it is not your typical laser beam & space ship movie. Most of the film is set in the 1990's & technology plays almost no role in the movie.
Here is a plot summary from IMDb that explains the plot without giving anything away:

Terry Gilliam's nightmarish low-tech/high-tech future vision takes place in 1997, after a deadly virus has killed 99% of the human population--forcing the survivors to flee beneath our planet's surface. This leaves the (other) animals topside, to rule the Earth once again. The scientists select James Cole, an imprisoned sociopath, to return to the past and gather information useful in the defense against this contagion. Once back in time, he is to investigate the mysterious 'Army of the Twelve Monkeys' and report his findings. Scientific, social, and political themes like time travel (and its inherent paradoxes and nested loops), mental illness, the nature of reality, animal rights, and the Armageddon-potential of unchecked technological advances are artfully and cleverly explored. Written by Tad Dibbern

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I went and saw Killer Elite last night. 10/10. What an amazing movie. I might be seeing it again.

JBS

Reaction score
I enjoyed Killer Elite as well..7.5/10

going to see Drive tonight..now I want to see moneyball

JBS

Reaction score
Drive - 4/10

Didn't enjoy it at all. Just not my kind of movie. Really just a lot of nothing going on..guys just dying and at the end of the day nothing gets accomplished. I actually thought the music was perfect..but that's not enough for me.

urface59

Reaction score
Just saw 50/50. Straight up 10/10. I never thought a Seth Rogen film could possibly be so good.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dream House - 5/10. Very predictable, and very corny at times, especially early on. This movie wasn't creepy at all, and if you're expecting that, or some kind of ghost or haunted house story I'm going to tell you now that you're not going to get that at all. It's very short, poorly acted, and offers no surprises. Even if you didn't know the twist that is presented in the middle of the film from watching the trailer, it's fairly obvious due to the complete lack of subtlety in the performances and script.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
50/50 - 9.5/10

Damn, this has been a pretty good couple of months for movies.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
50/50 give it an 8/10 for the extremely unethical conclusion between a therapist and her client. But, it was a good movie overall. I love the line "I'm peeing right now" hahaha

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4160085 said:
Moneyball: 9/10, one of the most well-made sports movies I've ever seen.

I was supposed to have went to see this last weekend, but the wife was really sick.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4160126 said:
I was supposed to have went to see this last weekend, but the wife was really sick.

I got pretty ill too, but it was only around Sunday at 4:15 Eastern. :D

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I finally saw X-Men First Class this weekend and I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. They cast Magneto very well and I thought James Mcvoy did a good job as Xavier. The best casting was for Emma Frost and Moira McTaggert. That was some exceptional "acting" right there.

Underrated movie and out of all the average Superhero movies I saw this summer I would hope this is the one with a sequel.