Rate the last movie you saw

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
"Let Me In" - Based on a novel which was already turned into a Swedish movie called "Let the Right One In". I enjoyed it. The whole vampire thing is waaaay overdone these days, but this was sufficiently different for me. It really made the whole vampire thing seem like a terrible curse. Plus, the fact that the two main actors are just kids gives it an interesting coming of age feel. I'd give it a 7/10.

"Reign Over Me" - I wanted to see it when it originally came out and just never got around to it. Adam Sandler plays a guy obviously having issues dealing with the loss of his family in one of the planes on 9/11. What a depressing movie, but Adam Sandler was just outstanding in it. He needs to do more serious movies. 9/10

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4145906 said:
Contagion - 4/10 - Dull, meandering, uneventful, Matt Damon

I think it was ever going to be a "great movie"

At the end it was more of a "ah, so it can start with something as simple as that"

I enjoyed for what it accomplished.

Saw "The American"
Was looking forward to it.

Blah

Seemed like I had seen it before

3/10

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4177646 said:
I think it was ever going to be a "great movie"

At the end it was more of a "ah, so it can start with something as simple as that"

I enjoyed for what it accomplished.

Saw "The American"
Was looking forward to it.

Blah

Seemed like I had seen it before

3/10

I saw it too after waiting forever and looking forward to it, I was also disappointed. I REALLY didn't like Clooney in that one.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Contagion is one of the few movies that has a lot of plots, all of which seem to be diverging instead of converging. Most of the plot lines also end up being completely pointless. It's a mess of a movie for the most part.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Red State - 7/10 - Kevin Smith horror/suspense departure. John Goodman was distracting as hell. There was a confusing and unrealstic plot turn that lead to clunky action scenes. But overall interesting and some good performances.

Worth a watch for originality.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2

<----See avatar. This movie has the BEST KILLS ever. I'm talking dude ripping people's faces in half with a knife. So awesome. Basically, this guy Chromeskull, finds girls and locks them in a coffin. They wake up, escape, and the hunt begins! He films everthing with a video camera mounted on his shoulder. Best slasher movie in a while.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4184146 said:
Red State - 7/10 - Kevin Smith horror/suspense departure. John Goodman was distracting as hell. There was a confusing and unrealstic plot turn that lead to clunky action scenes. But overall interesting and some good performances.

By confusing and unrealistic I can only think you're referring to the "trumpets" but that didn't lead to any action scenes, so I'm confused. Was there another awkward plot turn?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hangover 2 - I didn't really laugh until the end when Mike Tyson came out and the credits when they were showing the pictures.

fgoodwin

Reaction score
"The Thing" 6/10 it was just OK. I still think the original 1951 thriller was better. I wasn't real happy with the 1982 remake either.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4204243 said:
Waiting for it to come out on DVD the movie "The Conspirator"

Been out for quite awhile. I watched the blu-ray a couple months ago.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Horrible Bosses 7/10

Would have rated it higher, but Spacey's actions were totally implausible, even for a broad comedy.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;4204050 said:
By confusing and unrealistic I can only think you're referring to the "trumpets" but that didn't lead to any action scenes, so I'm confused. Was there another awkward plot turn?

Im talking about John Goodmans blue tooth phone call at breakfast, his resulting orders, which lead to the sloppy action.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Bridesmaids--------------8.5/10

One of the funniest movies i've watched in a while.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MarionBarberThe4th;4184146 said:

Totrally agree - I think Goodman did a really bad job in this average movie.