Rate the last movie you saw

Passepartout

Reaction score
Bridesmaid 8/10 as I have saw eight movies in nearly two months. Hoping to see Drive on Friday!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are a few that I have watched over the last couple of weeks. Most of these I watched in parts on youtube. Most are foreign films. All are low budget. Most are zombie movies or related...been on a zombie kick. Must be noted that you have to have some kind of love for Zombie, foreign or low budget movies to get some of these.

Vahalla Rising - (not of the zombie genre) Uggh. I knew it was a foreign type film but figured it would be cool to have a viking type movie with fighting. This one turned out to be slow and boring. Worst of all might have been that it had parts that seemed like it was acid flashbacks. Don't waste your time.

Dead Snow - Hmmm not really really zombies but close enough. So you take the undead, ****'s, modern young people and you have a weird movie. Parts of it I enjoyed as it tried to mix some genres.

Zombie or Zombi 2 - I know this is considered one of the Zombie Classics from Fulci but for some reason I had not seen it before. And it is so low budget and VERY dated that I just could not get into it. Maybe if I had watched it years ago I would have a different opinion on it.

Cemetery Man - Have seen it before but watched again recently and still like it. Weird zombies and humor plus some nice eye candy. Just a classic that I love even though it is goofy.

The Horde - Pretty good for a foreign lower budget movie. You have rogue cops joining some drug dealers only to find the area over ran by zombies. Kind of weird in this one as they don't seem to learn that shooting the zombies in the head will kill them. Sure they kill a couple with head shots or other trauma to the head but most of the time they are just shooting away wasting ammo. But still a decent movie for the genre. Plus it has one of the coolest stand off scenes for a zombie genre movie when the guy is in the parking garage standing on top of a car fighting off a horde of zombies who have him surrounded.

Zone of the Dead - Hmmm Cowboys Zone, Zone of the dead...something going on there:laugh2: . Ok this movie is kind of a disaster but does have a few decent scenes. One that was different had a bunch of zombies laying down on a dock like they were sleeping until one of the other zombies yelled out and they all jumped up. Another cool part of the movie was a character played by Ken Foree talking about something he seen/heard when he was younger, about a crazy guy saying that hell was so full that it would start over flowing...now to zombie fans you might recall this line being used by a televangelist in the remake of Dawn of the dead...that televangelist was also played by the same Ken Foree. Now onto the silly of this movie. You have two characters that are supposed to be the billy badarse type characters...super fighters or whatever you want to call them. One of them happens to be some loony end of the world type guy that just seems to waste time by spouting off lame cheesy over the top apocalyptic lines and just comes out of nowhere at times. There was another scene where a guy does the run, jump and start shooting while sideways in the air and land on his side move...but it was done where it was not needed and just looked idiotic because of it.

Outpost - Hey, who knew there was a zombie/undead/ghost and **** genre out there? Well there must be as this one has that element like Dead Snow. The premise was kind of cool but the movie could have been much better. Guy takes a seemingly random multinational group of soldiers of fortune to a secret bunker where he has found an experiment that ***** where trying towards the end of WWII to make superhuman **** soldiers. What is left is some kind of ghost/undead zombies terrorizing the guy and the multinational soldier of fortunes.

Piranha - Does not fit in the above genres other than lower budget. Sure it is cheesy like the original but at the same time I enjoyed this. Not for the plot or the acting. Just a good old fashioned cheesy gore fest. The humor was ok but the best part by far was the eye candy for the heterosexual man to watch.:D

So there are some movies...all but the last one was available on youtube (either as one whole movie or in parts)...so you won't be out of any movie if you should give one a try. Just remember most are foreign (some may have bad overdubs or subtitles) and most are lower budget.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
VietCowboy;4098318 said:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes 3/10

I hated the camera work, got headache.

Characters were one dimensional, research aspect unrealistic (ever heard of IACUC?), animal care awful (where is the vet? The animal handler sucks, and the "slop" is something only the movies can dream up).

Awful, totally awful. Even John Lithgow couldn't save this movie.

Yeah, I was truly upset by the how unauthentic the slop was myself.

You do know this was a movie right... not a National Geographic documentary?

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
TheCount;4109907 said:
Yeah, I was truly upset by the how unauthentic the slop was myself.

You do know this was a movie right... not a National Geographic documentary?

So? This is lazy script writing, plain and simple.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
VietCowboy;4109995 said:
So? This is lazy script writing, plain and simple.

Script was just fine. It's a movie about apes taking over the world, not Citizen Cane. Not sure what you expected. Well I guess I do, you wanted a 2 hour movie about filling out paperwork in regards to animal treatment.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
TheCount;4110592 said:
Script was just fine. It's a movie about apes taking over the world, not Citizen Cane. Not sure what you expected. Well I guess I do, you wanted a 2 hour movie about filling out paperwork in regards to animal treatment.

No, that was the least of it.

1) They completely ignored basic animal care to fit their storyline, the slop is a minor thing. Go into a kill shelter, and they treat their animals there better.

2) The research / genetic component was ****ty, and they made it up as they went along as there was nothing, absolutely nothing, realistic about it. Really, a virus can OVERNIGHT, restore your brain cells, neurons, and connections you've lost as a result of alzheimers, and not only that, IMPROVED it as well? Again, they completely ignore basic science to fit their storyline.

That's ****ty writing.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two other movies I watched via Youtube today.

Dog House - Humor/zombie genre. Better than most of the low budget ones, found myself laughing at some of it.

Martyrs - Really twisted movie.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4110715 said:
Two other movies I watched via Youtube today.

Dog House - Humor/zombie genre. Better than most of the low budget ones, found myself laughing at some of it.

Martyrs - Really twisted movie.

I watched Dog House not long ago. I really liked it. Pleasantly surprised with it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AmarilloCowboyFan;4111914 said:
I watched Dog House not long ago. I really liked it. Pleasantly surprised with it.

Same here...kind of a shaun of the dead vibe although not as good. When that fat lady did the belly flop on the guy it had me rolling. Also was laughing with the remote control truck scene.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Blitz 6/10

I swear to God, Jason Statham can only play one type of character.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Bucky Larson....4/10

Pretty stupid movie, really. I didn't even make it through the whole thing. There were about 30 minutes left, but at that point it had run it's course and all the jokes were really tired. It's quite dissapointing, because I really like Nick Swardson (no homo). The storyline had so much potential, but failed to deliver.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Moneyball - 8/10. For those who like sports movies, especially with some historical basis, and about baseball, this is a pretty good one. It's humorous, well structured (outside of some editing of the early parts of the season somewhat contradicting the standings), and well acted. If you're a fan of small market team then it's somewhat uplifting, at least until you realize the story behind it doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. It's pretty good entertainment. Not sure how it will hold up over time.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Drive - 10/10
Aside from the parts where Gosling is wearing a mask for absolutely no reason, a perfect movie. The pacing is so well done and the soundtrack is absolutely perfect, if you were planning to see something else this weekend, cancel it and see this instead. ;)

urface59

Reaction score
TheCount;4131329 said:
Drive - 10/10
Aside from the parts where Gosling is wearing a mask for absolutely no reason, a perfect movie. The pacing is so well done and the soundtrack is absolutely perfect, if you were planning to see something else this weekend, cancel it and see this instead. ;)

Saw this last night and I agree, 10/10. I rather liked the mask scenes though, added to the creepiness I guess.