Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another at the movies but also on HBO

Cry Macho
Newest Clint Eastwood film.
Not bad but kind of slow.
If you liked his last one Mule, you will probably like this one. Same kind of slow pace.
Actually the movie plot is similar to Liam Neesons newer one called The marksman.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Malignant. Hated it. They tried something different,but I wasn't a fan. Don't want to say anything else, as I don't want to spoil anything.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Matrix and Dune (the 80's version)

Wife and I watched both of them again in preparation for the sequel and reboots coming out on HBO Max.

Matrix still as good as I remember. 10/10. Although I didn't realize how much is already outdated. They ran to phone booths in the movie, don't know what they're going to run to now to leave the matrix. Routers? LOL

Dune... 6/10... my wife definitely enjoys more than me, but really has me pumped for the reboot with today's F/X and a great cast. Read the book when I was young, but don't remember anything about it other than it helps the movie make much more sense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Wife and I watched both of them again in preparation for the sequel and reboots coming out on HBO Max.

Matrix still as good as I remember. 10/10. Although I didn't realize how much is already outdated. They ran to phone booths in the movie, don't know what they're going to run to now to leave the matrix. Routers? LOL

Dune... 6/10... my wife definitely enjoys more than me, but really has me pumped for the reboot with today's F/X and a great cast. Read the book when I was young, but don't remember anything about it other than it helps the movie make much more sense.
Cell phones?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pig - Way overrated. I give it a 5/10

Nobody - I had been waiting months to see this and was very excited based on the raving reviews. It’s was just “ok”. 6.5/10

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My son didn’t know that there was a prior Dune film so I’ve promised to sit down and watch it with him. (I’m just not sure I can do it in just one sitting!)

Creeper

Reaction score
King Kong vs. Godzilla. The good news is this attempt should put an end to King Kong and Godzilla movies forever.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
King Kong vs. Godzilla. The good news is this attempt should put an end to King Kong and Godzilla movies forever.
Most likely won't, we do not have Monster Island yet. As long as the franchise makes money, they'll keep making them.

I saw some critics that liked it. But then, you have to ask yourself what audience was this made for?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saw a freaking terrific movie that took me by surprise. It's one of those freebie movies on the Vudu App right now as long as you're willing to watch some commercials.

Wind River. Stars a lot of Avengers actors, but they all put in a heck of a performance, especially Jeremy Renner, the guy who plays Hawkeye, and Elizabeth Olsen, the Scarlett Witch.

Sad movie. But great revenge ending. Right now that murder of Gabby Petito is in the news, and I saw a social media post that mentioned hundreds of Native American women have been found dead next to the area her body was found and no one has started any type of investigation. This movie is basically about that theme. Sad stuff.

quickccc

Reaction score
The family and I all really enjoyed it as well. Another finely crafted film by Marvel. Their formula just works.

While I liked seeing the mythical creatures, there was more of an emphasis on them than I expected. Not sure I would have done that.

Those two credit scenes gave me flashback vibes. The first to the Infinity stones part at the beginning of Infinity War. The second felt like the Book of Boba Fett at the end of The Mandolorian season 2.

And I have some questions…

i felt much like the Spolier comments ... first half i thought was more suited to be like a Black Widow style of action sequences and twisting plot
2nd half i thought it was more directed to be like Chronicles of Narvia with the mystical creatures, dragons, bats lion wolves etc., CGI graphics and special lightning and ray beams, etc.

It was really overwhelming near the end , it got to a point where it became to look more like a a big video box game
And it depends upon which style and elements you'd prefer and to your liking .

a sprinkle of humor here and there - particularly with actress/rapper ' Awkwafina "
and thought it was a nice added touch with Ben Kingsley''s return as the IM ex-Mandarin actor , ..
but no matter what , it was loaded with action sequences and CGI special effects . i t didn't end up being what i'd prefer but i cannot say i was bored either with the aforementioned fighting action and CGI effects

i think i would've kept the father as the " ** Manchu' character as per Marvel Comics ( when title was also " Hands of Shang Chi Master of Kung **"

On a scale of 1 to 10 ... i'd give Shang Chi 7.5

Last edited:

jsb357

Reaction score
Prisoners of the Ghostland

One of the weirdest movies I've seen since Naked Lunch from the 80's

A post apocalyptic themed movie complete with a nuclear ghost tribe that control movement
across the land.

An american style Governor that rules a Japanese town of geisha girls.

This white hat, white boot wearing (Ted Nugent look alike) thinks he's doing the
right thing and controlling everyone lives. Protected by his ninja secret service
for lack of a better term.

Made in 2021 Nicolas Cage must had some contract obligation to fill to do this project.

It's bad.

2.5 out of 10

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Many Saints of Newark
Have to admit, kind of a let down.
All the actors did a good job IMO
It's just a bit slow. I think I had my expectations to high before watching it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Many Saints of Newark
Have to admit, kind of a let down.
All the actors did a good job IMO
It's just a bit slow. I think I had my expectations to high before watching it.
Same here, I was really let down and can't believe the same people made thatt did such an excellent job on The Sopranos. Take any 2 hours out of The Sopranos and it tops that.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here, I was really let down and can't believe the same people made thatt did such an excellent job on The Sopranos. Take any 2 hours out of The Sopranos and it tops that.

Every once in a while you would have a slow crappy soprano's episode. Like one where tony is day dreaming or whatever.

This should not have been a movie.
I think if they would have made it a limited series it would have went a tad better.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Disappointing to hear about the Sopranos movie. I think you can sometimes guess the quality of movies fairly well based on their trailers and I had bad feelings about that Sopranos movie based on what I was seeing in the trailers. I was hoping I was wrong because I'm a big of the TV show.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointing to hear about the Sopranos movie. I think you can sometimes guess the quality of movies fairly well based on their trailers and I had bad feelings about that Sopranos movie based on what I was seeing in the trailers. I was hoping I was wrong because I'm a big of the TV show.
Be happy you only watched the Classics Illustrated of the movie.

They should have taken a page from Breaking Bad and taken one central character to follow in the prequel. Leaving off where they did was dumb. They should have started off there.