Rate the last movie you saw

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I finally watched "The Marvels", it was OK, kinda average, but really just forgettable in the end. These superheroes just feel kinda generic, flashy and overpowered, but really don't feel much depth or substance to the characters. I do like the energy that Iman Vellani brings, but the movie itself just falls kinda flat. Feels like Disney is really trying, but just can't get it right, like they have a list of bullet points they want to include, but it ends up feeling like connect the dots. 5/10

The MCU is reminding me of the Dallas Cowboys, a huge moneymaker, but always so much hype and doesn't live up to expectations. They want to make great movies, but can't seem to get it right and just living on their past glories.
This is essentially what has happened to Star Wars, too. Disney just milked it to death and watered it down.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched "The Last Voyage of the Demeter" last night. It is about a ship sailing to London from Bulgaria in 1897 with a unknown cargo on board. In that cargo is an evil of some sort. First all the livestock on the ship is slaughtered and the crew has no idea why. I believe the story is taken from a chapter in Bram Stoker's "Dracula".

After the animals are killed the human crew starts disappearing or dying one by one. The crew has no idea who or what is doing the killing but the victims have their throats torn out. Clearly, the crew knows nothing of vampires or vampire lore.

It runs out the cargo includes crates of soil, one of which is the sleeping place of Dracula himself.

As the story goes on, I kept wondering why the crew kept separating every night leaving crew members alone to become victims of Dracula. During the daytime, the search the ship a few times looking for the killer but find nothing. Of course they didn't open the crates for some reason. And even when it becomes apparent that the creature cannot be exposes to sunlight, they still continue to hunt the create when it is awake at night, despite its super natural abilities. This seems like a major flaw in the story to me. Their final plan to kill the demons once again leaves most of the crew separated on various parts of the ship and of course it turns out about how one might expect.

Throughout the movie you have to remember that what we know about vampires today from all the stories and movies is irrelevant in this story because Dracula did not exist before this story was told, at least not to the people on the Demeter. They had no idea what a vampire was or how to deal with one.

Despite some flaws in the story, and the seriously dumb crew of the Demeter, I would give it a 6/10.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dune 2 is getting great reviews from early critic access. Can’t wait to see it! Dune 1 is at some IMAX theaters right now for a re-release. Got the shaft being released in the heat of the pandemic. Highly recommend you give the series a shot if haven’t already.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dune 2 is getting great reviews from early critic access. Can’t wait to see it! Dune 1 is at some IMAX theaters right now for a re-release. Got the shaft being released in the heat of the pandemic. Highly recommend you give the series a shot if haven’t already.
Looking forward to this.

Have watched the first one multiple times.
It is superior in about every way compared to the original Dune movie.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yes! Loved the books and the first movie.

Very excited for the second and I believe they have greenlit Dune: Messiah

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Anyone watch Monarch on Apple?

I'm a huge Godzilla fan so I really enjoyed it. I have seen Wyatt Russel in movies before but didn't know he was Kurt and Goldie's son! There is one scene in Monarch when it fades from Kurt to Wyatt and you can really see it.

Too bad Godzilla Minus One was never released where I live. I can't wait to see it.

Edit: Crap, this should have been in the other thread. Sorry!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm a huge Godzilla fan so I really enjoyed it. I have seen Wyatt Russel in movies before but didn't know he was Kurt and Goldie's son! There is one scene in Monarch when it fades from Kurt to Wyatt and you can really see it.

Too bad Godzilla Minus One was never released where I live. I can't wait to see it.

If it's a movie, it doesn't matter if you put it in this thread too.

starman22

Reaction score

I started watching this when the AirBnB we rented while in Washington for the Cowboys and Reds game in early January had Apple TV. I only had time to watch 3 while we were there, when I came home I did a free trial to watch the rest and I really loved this show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

4 out of 10.

It’s funny watching Momoa’s performance as he never takes this silly film too seriously. And he shouldn’t. The story and premise is paper thin. I can’t believe more thought isn’t put into the story for a $200 million-plus film.

WB Discovery made the right choice to end things with this film. Now we can only hope they made a better choice in the people they placed in charge this time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

4 out of 10.

It’s funny watching Momoa’s performance as he never takes this silly film too seriously. And he shouldn’t. The story and premise is paper thin. I can’t believe more thought isn’t put into the story for a $200 million-plus film.

WB Discovery made the right choice to end things with this film. Now we can only hope they made a better choice in the people they placed in charge this time.
I almost watched it last night, but decided I didn't have enough time, if it was crap. Guess I made the right choice. Then again, I didn't mind The Marvels as much as you and many others did. Then again, again, I thought the first Aquaman was borderline stupid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I almost watched it last night, but decided I didn't have enough time, if it was crap. Guess I made the right choice. Then again, I didn't mind The Marvels as much as you and many others did. Then again, again, I thought the first Aquaman was borderline stupid.
If you were iffy on the first one, the second is far, far, worse. My family enjoyed the first one and universally disliked Lost Kingdom.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you were iffy on the first one, the second is far, far, worse. My family enjoyed the first one and universally disliked Lost Kingdom.
It was mostly the lack of physics behaving properly underwater, but overall, it was just too much like it was a Saturday morning cartoon come to life.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4 out of 10.

I keep pushing back when I will finally watch it. First, it was wait until it hits streaming. Now, it's just me bypassing it on Max, lol.

I will either watch it tonight or wait sometime until after I go-and-see Dune II. And that releases tomorrow.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep pushing back when I will finally watch it. First, it was wait until it hits streaming. Now, it's just me bypassing it on Max, lol.

I will either watch it tonight or wait sometime until after I go-and-see Dune II. And that releases tomorrow.
It took us two nights to ‘get through it’.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tried watching the new Willy Wonka movie.
Made it about 45 minutes in and just could not take anymore.

Loved the original.
Was so so on the Depp version.

Just could not do it on this one.