Rate the last movie you saw

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a little more than halfway through Jurassic World Domination, and I'm pretty sure I can rate it about a 5.5 out of 10 right now. There's just so much wrong with it, starting with Why does the girl have a British accent? Also, why doesn't Chris Pratt's character get cold after falling through the ice? Why would a flying dinosaur immediately attack an airplane the moment the "air defenses" are shut down?

All this and more, on the next episode of Well that was stupid.

But at least they introduced me to DeWanda Wise. Hope to see her in more projects.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Watched Dog Gone on Netflix. It was a nice feel-good family movie. As a dog lover, I was in from the second I hit the play button. From what I read, its based on a true story. While it was nothing magnificent, I enjoyed it. Would be a solid selection for anybody doing family movie night or if you're in the mood for a wholesome movie.

The Pale Blue Eye on Netflix - Meh, this one lost me. In fact, I'm hardly interest in finishing it. The movie is playing right now as the wife is watching and I'm on here surfing CZ, so....that should tell you what I think about it. It is a really slow burn and for whatever reason the story just failed to pull me in. I'm a fan of Christian Bale's acting, but not even he could save this movie for me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!!"
stupid-uhf.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Watched "Emily The Criminal" with Aubrey Plaza, a serious dramatic role for her. It's about a girl struggling to get by and stumbles into illegal money making schemes, I liked it overall. 6.5/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I have gotten two movies confused and for this reason somehow never watching one of them.

The two movies are Casualties of War and the Thin Red Line

For some reason if I would see The thin red line listed for viewing I would believe I had watched it but in reality the movie I had seen was Casualties of War. Both war movies and both with Sean Penn in them.

Well I decided to watch the thin red line on Tubi,

As I started watching it I realized it was a different movie. This one did not have Michael J Fox and this one was in WWII not Vietnam

So it was nice to think I would get to watch a WWII movie I had not seen as I like WWII movies

This one however was a bit of a let down IMO

The acting, direction and cast were good. Actually had a number of stars in it that probably were not as big at the time but would make a name for themselves later.

There were multiple problems with the movie IMO

The movie itself was too long. Just one of those movies that keep going and you think, this would be so much better if they cut it down some.

There were sections of the movie where it would flash back to one of the soldiers and his wife as they were enjoying each others company but it was done in a way that just seemed silly and cheesy. It would flash back to these scenes more than once and it just seemed to forced and unneeded only for him to get a dear john letter later in the movie.

There were also other flash back scenes where a couple of the soldiers seemed to be living with some island natives and hiding from the war.

Lastly during the movie they would have sections where one of the main characters would narrate some of his thoughts and they just seemed off. I do not know how to explain it other than it seemed the writers wanted this soldier to be some kind of deep thinking thoughts on his life and war but it just did not seem to fit and felt forced.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I have gotten two movies confused and for this reason somehow never watching one of them.

The two movies are Casualties of War and the Thin Red Line

For some reason if I would see The thin red line listed for viewing I would believe I had watched it but in reality the movie I had seen was Casualties of War. Both war movies and both with Sean Penn in them.

Well I decided to watch the thin red line on Tubi,

As I started watching it I realized it was a different movie. This one did not have Michael J Fox and this one was in WWII not Vietnam

So it was nice to think I would get to watch a WWII movie I had not seen as I like WWII movies

This one however was a bit of a let down IMO

The acting, direction and cast were good. Actually had a number of stars in it that probably were not as big at the time but would make a name for themselves later.

There were multiple problems with the movie IMO

The movie itself was too long. Just one of those movies that keep going and you think, this would be so much better if they cut it down some.

There were sections of the movie where it would flash back to one of the soldiers and his wife as they were enjoying each others company but it was done in a way that just seemed silly and cheesy. It would flash back to these scenes more than once and it just seemed to forced and unneeded only for him to get a dear john letter later in the movie.

There were also other flash back scenes where a couple of the soldiers seemed to be living with some island natives and hiding from the war.

Lastly during the movie they would have sections where one of the main characters would narrate some of his thoughts and they just seemed off. I do not know how to explain it other than it seemed the writers wanted this soldier to be some kind of deep thinking thoughts on his life and war but it just did not seem to fit and felt forced.
The Thin Red Line is considered THE anti-war novel of its time and I read it before seeing the film and I agree, they did not get the message across as the book by James Jones did. They "Hollywooded" it up but that's standard.

However, filmmakers/writers of war films that followed the novel have mentioned it as the motivation because of that thin red line of what a man could take and the term "battle fatigue", later to be known as PTSD. They wanted to depict more realism about war and not the romance of it.

I remember seeing an interview with a director of a war film and he said the glorification of war and the John Wayne depiction was responsible for many a young man going off to war with a dream in mind that turned nightmare quickly. What some experienced would test the strongest willed men and their ability to cope with real war.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, went and saw Avatar: The Way of Water tonight. I really wanted to see it in 3D, and the timeslot I wanted just so happened to also be in the 4DX theater, so we decided to do the 4DX 3D. The movie was really good. I enjoyed it. The 3D was solid. The 4DX though, I wish we would have passed on. We did the 4DX for a movie awhile back, and though it is pretty gimmicky, my wife and I had fun. This time around though, it was just too much. Sitting in that chair bouncing around for 3 hours just got old quick. There are a lot of action scenes so the chair was quite busy with this movie. The deeper into the movie I got, the more I found myself really enjoying the quieter scenes when the chair was still. Plus, with it being a movie heavily based around water, the chair was shooting water droplets on you a lot. Sometimes it was immersive and other times it was just annoying as I had to keep wiping off my 3D glasses. Not to mention the chair just isn't all that comfortable, so I was excited to get out of the chair after the movie was over. I guess I'm officially getting old. haha

Back to the movie though, it was stunning! It's absolutely incredible what they are doing with CGI these days. I enjoyed the storyline as well. It grabbed my attention and sucked me in for the duration. I think it'll be a 4K Blu-ray purchase for me once it releases.

I love how the story gets you to side with other species and actually root against your own. I found myself satisfied with each human death as I am pulling for creatures like Tulkun.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, went and saw Avatar: The Way of Water tonight. I really wanted to see it in 3D, and the timeslot I wanted just so happened to also be in the 4DX theater, so we decided to do the 4DX 3D. The movie was really good. I enjoyed it. The 3D was solid. The 4DX though, I wish we would have passed on. We did the 4DX for a movie awhile back, and though it is pretty gimmicky, my wife and I had fun. This time around though, it was just too much. Sitting in that chair bouncing around for 3 hours just got old quick. There are a lot of action scenes so the chair was quite busy with this movie. The deeper into the movie I got, the more I found myself really enjoying the quieter scenes when the chair was still. Plus, with it being a movie heavily based around water, the chair was shooting water droplets on you a lot. Sometimes it was immersive and other times it was just annoying as I had to keep wiping off my 3D glasses. Not to mention the chair just isn't all that comfortable, so I was excited to get out of the chair after the movie was over. I guess I'm officially getting old. haha

Back to the movie though, it was stunning! It's absolutely incredible what they are doing with CGI these days. I enjoyed the storyline as well. It grabbed my attention and sucked me in for the duration. I think it'll be a 4K Blu-ray purchase for me once it releases.

I love how the story gets you to side with other species and actually root against your own. I found myself satisfied with each human death as I am pulling for creatures like Tulkun.
I've never tried the 4DX, but it sounds like something that would be more distracting than immersive.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Devotion currently on Paramount plus

Jonathan Majors (Creed III) and Glen Powell (Top Gun: Maverick) star in the epic and inspirational true story of two elite US Navy fighter pilots who helped turn the tide in the most brutal battle in the Korean War: Jesse Brown, the first Black aviator in Navy history and his fellow fighter pilot and friend, Tom Hudner. Their heroic sacrifices and enduring friendship would ultimately make them the Navy's most celebrated wingmen.

Pretty good movie

John813

Reaction score
The Pale Blue Eye

Netflix

7.5-8/10
Very good slow mystery

Just watched it too, but would give it a 6.5-7. I thought it started out well, then the end to me was a bit of let down/not silly but odd.
Thought Bale and Melling played their roles very well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE6hN8WdTkjE7adZ1AR0OGBsTiWWgfnEGzAw&usqp=CAU

Recently watched the Tom Hanks film Greyhound on Apple TV. Of course he was great in it, as I feel he is in everything. But I appreciated a different look into WWII for what for me is an oftentimes overlooked part of the war effort and sacrifices made.

Top quality visuals and effects and good music to impart suspense. I enjoyed it.

7.5 out of 10.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dog Soldiers, this is a movie I've always been meaning to see, but for one reason or another just always seemed to forget about it....lol British soldiers on training manuvers in the Scottish Highlands encounter something wild. Solid werewolf movie, the sfx looked dated and a little cheesy, but still a solid movie. This is one I'd like to see a remake or prequel done with updated sfx, could be pretty awesome. 7/10

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dog Soldiers, this is a movie I've always been meaning to see, but for one reason or another just always seemed to forget about it....lol British soldiers on training manuvers in the Scottish Highlands encounter something wild. Solid werewolf movie, the sfx looked dated and a little cheesy, but still a solid movie. This is one I'd like to see a remake or prequel done with updated sfx, could be pretty awesome. 7/10
One of my favs and you are right, it is a great candidate for a remake with a bigger budget,