Rate the last movie you saw

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Creed III - Pretty good. About what you'd expect from the series. I would have liked a bit more with Majors' character, but what was there was good. And while his character wasn't really necessary here, I still missed Rocky.

Not sure there's really much else to be done with this though.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No idea. I don't remember the movie well (hardly at all in fact), but I do recall not thinking that much of it.
here, I have you! You're completely dished! Do you not know that in the service...

[pauses]: ...one must always choose the lesser of two weevils.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)
ICFqGI6.png

9.25 out of 10.00

Just goes to show, love is stronger than any bagel.

Another instance of me waiting too long to watch something I either have reservations about or do not think is as 'good' as I thought it could be. Everything Everywhere All At Once is the exact kind of film my insane brain loves to death. Warped imagination enveloping every conceivable angle at warp speed. I enjoyed Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness but NOT as much as this film.

It is rare finding a movie or television show conceptualize both
EXISTENCE and the meaning of humanity within it as I see it. That is something I did not expect from a multiverse-themed movie, especially outside the usual comic book genre. Surrounding that core is scene after scene of pure possibility coming at you like they are shot out of a Gatling gun. The minds who thought this insanity up are unbound and not restricted by what's considered normal. They deserved Oscars served up on a silver platter.

The film is unique and extremely well presented. I did not know why it received Best Motion Picture, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best freaking Film Editing nominations before seeing it. Now I do.

It would have been criminal if
Ke Huy Quan did not win Best Supporting Actor at ANY awards show. He freaking shot his heart out of his chest in this performance. Just... wow...

Michelle Yeoh's Best Actress win? :bow: That is all I can say. Or will say, lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Escape Room - Seems like there are multiple movies with the name Escape room. This one is the 2019 version with Taylor Russell.
Six strangers find themselves in a maze of deadly mystery rooms and must use their wits to survive.

Not too bad if you like the Saw type of movies. This is slightly above B level movie.

Escape Room the Tournament of Champions = It is the sequel if you had not figured it out lol.

Six people unwillingly find themselves locked in another series of escape rooms, slowly uncovering what they have in common to survive. Joining forces with two of the original survivors, they soon discover they've all played the game before.

If you liked the first one, this is more of the same.
If you did not like the first one, this is more of the same.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watched Shooter for the 50th times last night. Obviously, I enjoy the movie. I give it a 7 out of 10. But there is something off about the movie that just bugs me every time I watch it.

There is a scene in the movie where Mark Wahlberg's character is on the phone with Danny Glover and he has a recording of the assassin talking about how Danny Glover's character wiped out a village in Africa. Wahlberg offers to exchange the tape for Kate Mara (hot) who was kidnapped by one of Glover's henchmen. The entire movie is about Wahlberg being wanted to assassinating a Bishop from a country in Africa. And in the same scene where Wahlberg is talking to the real assassin, the assassin confesses to the murder for which Wahlberg is wanted. The tape implicates Danny Glover and the Senator from Montana. So why not just send a copy of the recording to the FBI? In fact, Michael Pena, an FBI agent working with Wahlberg, helped Wahlberg get the recording. Why not use that to exonerate Wahlberg and send the FBI after Glover and the senator from Montana? I get it. They needed the movie to play out the way they did but this issue in the plot bugs me every time I watch the movie.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)
ICFqGI6.png

9.25 out of 10.00

Just goes to show, love is stronger than any bagel.

Another instance of me waiting too long to watch something I either have reservations about or do not think is as 'good' as I thought it could be. Everything Everywhere All At Once is the exact kind of film my insane brain loves to death. Warped imagination enveloping every conceivable angle at warp speed. I enjoyed Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness but NOT as much as this film.

It is rare finding a movie or television show conceptualize both
EXISTENCE and the meaning of humanity within it as I see it. That is something I did not expect from a multiverse-themed movie, especially outside the usual comic book genre. Surrounding that core is scene after scene of pure possibility coming at you like they are shot out of a Gatling gun. The minds who thought this insanity up are unbound and not restricted by what's considered normal. They deserved Oscars served up on a silver platter.

The film is unique and extremely well presented. I did not know why it received Best Motion Picture, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best freaking Film Editing nominations before seeing it. Now I do.

It would have been criminal if
Ke Huy Quan did not win Best Supporting Actor at ANY awards show. He freaking shot his heart out of his chest in this performance. Just... wow...

Michelle Yeoh's Best Actress win? :bow: That is all I can say. Or will say, lol.
Looks like you enjoyed the ride! I thought you would........ :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Love and Monsters
It's a post-apocalyptic movie where the destruction of a meteor causes fallout that mutates cold blooded creatures into enormous size. 95% of the human population has been destroyed and the survivors live primarily underground in small colonies. After several years, Joel discovers that his girlfriend is still alive and lives in a colony less than 100 miles away and makes the journey to be with her. It was a lot better than I expected, the CGI and effects were pretty good. It's a good popcorn flick and the pandemic kinda did in any chance it had. I could see this end being one of those cult type movies and would like to see a sequel. 7.5/10

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Pale Blue Eye with Christian Bale. A young Edgar Allen Poe works with Bale’s character to solve a mysterious death on West Point campus. A period piece. Some possible occult mixed in. Murder? Politics with West Point leadership. Acting is top notch but you expect that with Bale. Poe as a young cadet is interesting. Movie looks good. Fairly interesting and unpredictable twist at the end. Still I kept wishing it would be better. They could have amped up the suspense. Movie plods along. Leads, twist, and the cinematography somewhat save the film. OK if you are bored and a fan of Bale. 5l5/10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pale Blue Eye with Christian Bale. A young Edgar Allen Poe works with Bale’s character to solve a mysterious death on West Point campus. A period piece. Some possible occult mixed in. Murder? Politics with West Point leadership. Acting is top notch but you expect that with Bale. Poe as a young cadet is interesting. Movie looks good. Fairly interesting and unpredictable twist at the end. Still I kept wishing it would be better. They could have amped up the suspense. Movie plods along. Leads, twist, and the cinematography somewhat save the film. OK if you are bored and a fan of Bale. 5l5/10.
I liked it, but probably would have liked it more if I wasn't watching with my mother and sister. Having to explain events throughout a movie takes me out of it.

I will say, the ending was a bit odd.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Love and Monsters
It's a post-apocalyptic movie where the destruction of a meteor causes fallout that mutates cold blooded creatures into enormous size. 95% of the human population has been destroyed and the survivors live primarily underground in small colonies. After several years, Joel discovers that his girlfriend is still alive and lives in a colony less than 100 miles away and makes the journey to be with her. It was a lot better than I expected, the CGI and effects were pretty good. It's a good popcorn flick and the pandemic kinda did in any chance it had. I could see this end being one of those cult type movies and would like to see a sequel. 7.5/10
I liked this one a lot, especially after the first half hour or so. The part where he found the robot was surprisingly touching.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Master And Commander - 4 1/2 Stars

Why Are So Many Guys Obsessed With Master and Commander?

https://www.gq.com/story/master-and-commander-anniversary

HERESY. HERESY I SAY! That's a top-20 movie of all time for me, Sir. I wish I could find your facebook account so that I could befriend you, just so I can violently UNFRIEND YOU! *spits on the ground*

But seriously, That's a great movie.

All Quiet on the Western Front (Netflix remake) - 8.5/10.

I always enjoy a good war movie that doesn't have a lot of talking. Just straight up brutal War scenes. This one is a cut above what Hollywood has trotted out the past few years (excluding 1917).

Last edited:

triplets_93

Reaction score
HERESY. HERESY I SAY! That's a top-20 movie of all time for me, Sir. I wish I could find your facebook account so that I could befriend you, just so I can violently UNFRIEND YOU! *spits on the ground*

But seriously, That's a great movie.

All Quiet on the Western Front (Netflix remake) - 8.5/10.

I always enjoy a good war movie that doesn't have a lot of talking. Just straight up brutal War scenes. This one is a cut above what Hollywood has trotted out the past few years (excluding 1917).
I do not accept Friends on Facebook. I can't handle the Rejection. :p