Rate the last movie you saw

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Seven Kings Must Die - Netflix movie 8/10

This was a continuation of the Netflix Series "The Last Kingdom" which is one of my favorite shows of all time.
This movie was a bit rushed & probably would have been a great 6th season, but the series was cancelled so I understand that they had to fit a lot in a limited time.

Though they could have ended after season 5 and the series would not have lost anything, I thought it was a nice cap on the series and gave the protagonist an emotional farewell. Regardless, I'm thankful for another 2 hours with these characters.

Destiny is all!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

This was a continuation of the Netflix Series "The Last Kingdom" which is one of my favorite shows of all time.
This movie was a bit rushed & probably would have been a great 6th season, but the series was cancelled so I understand that they had to fit a lot in a limited time.

Though they could have ended after season 5 and the series would not have lost anything, I thought it was a nice cap on the series and gave the protagonist an emotional farewell. Regardless, I'm thankful for another 2 hours with these characters.

Destiny is all!
I loved the show.

I thought the movie was absolutely awful.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Terrifier 2" (2022)

Wow!

Quite the film. Where "Terrifier" was more of a slasher film, this one is more like a far gorier and violent "Nightmare on Elm Street"–Specifically the "Dream Warriors" sequel.

I do like the "Art the Clown" character. The character is far more interesting than many of the slasher villains we have been introduced to over the years.

It's a long movie–2 hours and 20 minutes, and considered very long for horror film.

Like the first movie, the violence and gore start almost immediately and never let-up. And like the first film we get very little background about "Art" and why the character does what he does.

IMDB rates it a 6.2. I'm a couple ticks below that at 6.0, but it's an entertaining film none-the-less. I just thought it was a bit too far "out there" at times.
I thought the first one was a tad better. All Hallows Eve is where Art the Clown was first introduced.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Covenant
New Guy Ritchie movie but not all the English stars and humor like some of his movie.

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant follows US Army Sergeant John Kinley (Jake Gyllenhaal) and Afghan interpreter Ahmed (Dar Salim). After an ambush, Ahmed goes to Herculean lengths to save Kinley's life. When Kinley learns that Ahmed and his family were not given safe passage to America as promised, he must repay his debt by returning to the war zone to retrieve them before the Taliban hunts them down first.

Good movie. Plenty of action but at the same seemed sparse at times as well. If you like military action movies or the genre you will probably like this.
If you like Guy Ritchie movies, you might still like this but as stated before not like some of his other stuff like rock n rolla, snatch or lock stock and two smoking barrells

mldardy

Reaction score
The Covenant
New Guy Ritchie movie but not all the English stars and humor like some of his movie.

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant follows US Army Sergeant John Kinley (Jake Gyllenhaal) and Afghan interpreter Ahmed (Dar Salim). After an ambush, Ahmed goes to Herculean lengths to save Kinley's life. When Kinley learns that Ahmed and his family were not given safe passage to America as promised, he must repay his debt by returning to the war zone to retrieve them before the Taliban hunts them down first.

Good movie. Plenty of action but at the same seemed sparse at times as well. If you like military action movies or the genre you will probably like this.
If you like Guy Ritchie movies, you might still like this but as stated before not like some of his other stuff like rock n rolla, snatch or lock stock and two smoking barrells
Heard this was really good. Looking forward to seeing it.

Creeper

Reaction score

Destiny is all!
I am a big fan of the series too, but the movie was very disappointing. I think you are absolutely right. Lots of times they stretch what should be a movie into an 8 part series and the series suffers from too many unnecessary and boring scenes. Seven Kings Must Die was the opposite. They crammed almost a full season of story into 2 hours and I think it came off as rushed, choppy, at times inexplicable. They could have done this in a two part movie like Farscape or even a full 8 part series to build up the characters and fill in the many gaps. The movie left me unsatisfied.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I watched AIR last night. It's currently on Amazon Prime. It's about how Nike lured Michael Jordan to their company. Absolutely great movie. Loved it! Even my wife, who isn't into sports at all, sat there and watched the whole thing with me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the series too, but the movie was very disappointing. I think you are absolutely right. Lots of times they stretch what should be a movie into an 8 part series and the series suffers from too many unnecessary and boring scenes. Seven Kings Must Die was the opposite. They crammed almost a full season of story into 2 hours and I think it came off as rushed, choppy, at times inexplicable. They could have done this in a two part movie like Farscape or even a full 8 part series to build up the characters and fill in the many gaps. The movie left me unsatisfied.
King doesn’t trust uthred

Trusts someone else more

Uthred proves his loyalty for the millionth time

King apologizes and looks stupid

It’s the same thing it’s always been just in a shortened movie form.

Creeper

Reaction score
King doesn’t trust uthred

Trusts someone else more

Uthred proves his loyalty for the millionth time

King apologizes and looks stupid

It’s the same thing it’s always been just in a shortened movie form.
Well, in reality the Vikings did break numerous promises to various Kings so the lack of trust was probably warranted. LOL. But yes, it is pretty much the same story over and over. Still, the way this series went about telling the story was very entertaining and enjoyable. The movie was not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well, in reality the Vikings did break numerous promises to various Kings so the lack of trust was probably warranted. LOL. But yes, it is pretty much the same story over and over. Still, the way this series went about telling the story was very entertaining and enjoyable. The movie was not.
Oh I loved the show. The show never got the kind of hype it should have gotten.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Evil Dead Rise - If you are a fan of the first three movies with Campbell but did not like the remake they did a few years ago...you probably will not like this one.
If you liked the remake from a few years ago, you will probably like this one.
Nothing special but I like both the original and the remake. Less comedy in the remakes.
Still plenty of blood and gore.

The newest Scream movie...I think Scream IV - You have seen one you have seen them all. The first one was good because of the twist at the end. Now everyone since then you have to figure out who the killer is because they always try to trick you but rarely do and if they do it is in a way that is so far fetched it is silly. But if you can get beyond that silly part of it, the movies are your standard passable movie like many of the cheesy eighties action movies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The newest Scream movie...I think Scream IV - You have seen one you have seen them all. The first one was good because of the twist at the end. Now everyone since then you have to figure out who the killer is because they always try to trick you but rarely do and if they do it is in a way that is so far fetched it is silly. But if you can get beyond that silly part of it, the movies are your standard passable movie like many of the cheesy eighties action movies.
I love the Scream franchise, and while I was entertained by IV, it definitely felt like the cheesiest to me. Still, it was fun and worth a watch. It's a shame what Courtney Cox has done to her face with the Botox.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Evil Dead Rise - If you are a fan of the first three movies with Campbell but did not like the remake they did a few years ago...you probably will not like this one.
If you liked the remake from a few years ago, you will probably like this one.
Nothing special but I like both the original and the remake. Less comedy in the remakes.
Still plenty of blood and gore.

I love the Evil Dead 2013 movie. Straight horror without the campy stuff. I love the originals also though. One of my favorite franchises. I need to go watch Rise.

mldardy

Reaction score
I love the Scream franchise, and while I was entertained by IV, it definitely felt like the cheesiest to me. Still, it was fun and worth a watch. It's a shame what Courtney Cox has done to her face with the Botox.
Actually it's Scream VI and yeah Courtney did that jaw **** to her face like so many of these actresses do after 40. She looks terrible.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Pope's Exorcist
Stars Russell Crow, so that's always good. Your standard exorcism type story, had a couple good moments, but really lacked that creepy factor that I want in these type movies. It's not bad, just kinda average, but with how they left the end, I think it could make for a good streaming series with the right team. 6/10

The Witch
Directed by Robert Eggers and features Anya Taylor Joy in her first movie role. It's a bit of a slow burn, but Eggers goes a nice job of trying to recreate life in 17th century New England and Joy does a nice job. 7/10

Amsterdam
It's inspired by a true story, not so much based on it, they basically told their own version of what may have happened. It's got a star studded cast, Christian Bale, Margot Robbie, Chris Rock, Taylor Swift, Anya Taylor Joy, Rami Malek, Timothy Olyphant, DeNiro and many others. It's about a couple of WWI vets and Army nurse that get framed for a murder and uncover a far reaching conspiracy. It's got a bit of a Coen Brothers feel to it, quirky characters and odd situations. A bit of pacing issues here and there and meanders a bit, this film may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed the performances. I liked the end credits scene, while it wasn't how it happened, it shows that this actually did happen.... lol 7/10

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania : I had to keep telling myself, "Okay, they're not really in the quantum realm, because molecules wouldn't be small enough for them to breathe, drink, eat, or even exist. So they're actually in a different universe, one that plays by different laws of physics."

Once I was able to tell myself that, it was just a matter of wishing it was something other than a MCU flick, so the incongruities wouldn't be a problem.

Once I came to terms with those factors, and the fact that I still find Michelle Pfeiffer hot, I was able to enjoy the movie.

7/10

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania : I had to keep telling myself, "Okay, they're not really in the quantum realm, because molecules wouldn't be small enough for them to breathe, drink, eat, or even exist. So they're actually in a different universe, one that plays by different laws of physics."

Once I was able to tell myself that, it was just a matter of wishing it was something other than a MCU flick, so the incongruities wouldn't be a problem.

Once I came to terms with those factors, and the fact that I still find Michelle Pfeiffer hot, I was able to enjoy the movie.

7/10
I agree. Michelle Pfeiffer is definitely a hot old lady. I like seeing her, Mike Douglas, Bill Murray and my generation of movie stars back in action.

I just saw it on Disney Plus too. With bad reviews and boring trailers I thought I wouldn’t like it but it was an enjoyable movie.

I liked it better than the other multi-verse confused movie from Marvel, Dr.Strange 2, and better than its CGI world counterpart, Avatar 2.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Michelle Pfeiffer is definitely a hot old lady. I like seeing her, Mike Douglas, Bill Murray and my generation of movie stars back in action.

I just saw it on Disney Plus too. With bad reviews and boring trailers I thought I wouldn’t like it but it was an enjoyable movie.

I liked it better than the other multi-verse confused movie from Marvel, Dr.Strange 2, and better than its CGI world counterpart, Avatar 2.
I wasn’t thrilled with it when I first saw it in theaters, but I enjoyed it a little more on second viewing. I think part of it for me is being overwhelmed watching these movies the first time, because they’re so chock-full of details. I miss things the first time around but can settle in the second time.

It’s not a terrible film and got more hate than it deserved.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Adam driver plays someone that crash lands on prehistoric Earth. Sounds like it could be cool, he's gotta navigate his way past dinosaurs to reach his crashed shuttle, but just felt kinda 'meh'. Just felt like they could have done more with it. 5.5/10

Last edited by a moderator: