Rate the last movie you saw

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Adding to the Korean films listed there are several on Netflix.

#Alive
All of Us Are Dead
The series Kingdom is awesome.
Sweet Home was weird but great.

visionary

Reaction score
Seraphim Falls
Netflix
6/10
Cast is great (Liam Neeson, Pierce Brosnan, Angela Basset) but this Western is pretty slow

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Book of Clarence (2023)
YEeSjUz.png

6.25 of 10.00

Comedy is one of the movie's stated genre but I would say much of the funny moments are more satirical than comedic. I think the center point of the twins, Clarence and Thomas (LaKeith Stanfield), could have been better if there were no twins. RJ Cyler (Elijah), Omar Sy (Barabbas) and Stanfield are such a good acting threesome that the movie could have been better without Stanfield having to play two 'genuine' roles. For me, it was sort of a distraction from Clarence's separate identity having him constantly conversing with someone who looked just like him.

The film was a nice twist on the biblical story. The movie never tries being super serious until the parallelled events demanded it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dune: Part 2

Much, much better than the original movie, and better than Part 1. It seemed to skip around a bit, but that sped it up to a respectable pace, IMO.

I don't find it interesting enough to ever watch it again, but I'm glad I saw it.

7/10

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Furiousa: 9 out of 10. Better than Fury Road, which I really enjoyed

The premise, action, and performances were top notch. I think Hemsworth has a real shot at an Academy Award nom of its Supporting Actor.

The negative is that it was 30 minutes too long, the plot sometimes gets confusing. I also thought the Furiousa character basically became a female Mad Max

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dune: Part 2

Much, much better than the original movie, and better than Part 1. It seemed to skip around a bit, but that sped it up to a respectable pace, IMO.

I don't find it interesting enough to ever watch it again, but I'm glad I saw it.

7/10
Saw it this weekend too. I give it an 8. I liked the first one better, but was a good sequel. Enjoyable weekend movie but sort of wish I had tried to see it on the big screen because it’s very impressive visually.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw it this weekend too. I give it an 8. I liked the first one better, but was a good sequel. Enjoyable weekend movie but sort of wish I had tried to see it on the big screen because it’s very impressive visually.
It’s definitely a big screen movie. Seeing it in theaters gives you the sense of scale that’s lost on a smaller screen.

I saw the first one on HBO Max during its dual release and wish I had seen it in theaters.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
ATLAS - Watched this movie on Netflix this weekend. It was a decent movie that delivers a mix of action and drama, though it doesn't quite break new ground. JLo is in the lead role, and while her performance is competent, it doesn't stand out as one of her best. The plot is engaging enough to keep you watching, but it lacks the depth and originality to make it truly memorable.

One exciting element of this movie is its striking resemblance to the video game Titanfall. The similarities between the movie and the game are numerous and unmistakable. Interestingly, there's even a mech suit in the Titanfall game called Atlas. After some research, I discovered that the director mentioned Titanfall as an inspiration for the film (link), and the connection is quite evident. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't titled "Titanfall". Perhaps there were licensing issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Beekeeper (2024)
4BRXuV0.png

7.00 of 10.00

Jason Statham never disappoints when it comes to action. How he navigates through this movie can feel somewhat fantastical at times though.

Statham character's motivation is set very quickly. He scorches a path through the movie almost from jump. The audience is taken on a good ride all the way to his final target. How he gets from point A to point B, from point B to point C, etc., might strain the imagination just a bit, lol.

LIked Emmy Raver-Lampman as Agent Parker. I do not recall seeing her in anything before outside of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. I wondered how well she would do starring on the big screen. She has potential but this role did not really test whether she can do more than she has shown on the small screen.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Beekeeper (2024)
4BRXuV0.png

7.00 of 10.00

Jason Statham never disappoints when it comes to action. How he navigates through this movie can feel somewhat fantastical at times though.

Statham character's motivation is set very quickly. He scorches a path through the movie almost from jump. The audience is taken on a good ride all the way to his final target. How he gets from point A to point B, from point B to point C, etc., might strain the imagination just a bit, lol.

LIked Emmy Raver-Lampman as Agent Parker. I do not recall seeing her in anything before outside of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. I wondered how well she would do starring on the big screen. She has potential but this role did not really test whether she can do more than she has shown on the small screen.
I enjoyed this one, but I'm also a sucker for a one-man army movie. :grin:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Thought the same.

Honestly of the satanic thriller genre, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and the og Omen are really the only movies that stand out. Surprising for what should be such a fertile g
I really like a lot of the movies in that genre. The original Poltergeist and Amityville. The Evil Dead, the older ones and the newer ones. Some new ones really stand out as well like When Evil Lurks, The Dark and the Wicked and the Indonesian remake of Satan's Slaves.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
ATLAS - Watched this movie on Netflix this weekend. It was a decent movie that delivers a mix of action and drama, though it doesn't quite break new ground. JLo is in the lead role, and while her performance is competent, it doesn't stand out as one of her best. The plot is engaging enough to keep you watching, but it lacks the depth and originality to make it truly memorable.

One exciting element of this movie is its striking resemblance to the video game Titanfall. The similarities between the movie and the game are numerous and unmistakable. Interestingly, there's even a mech suit in the Titanfall game called Atlas. After some research, I discovered that the director mentioned Titanfall as an inspiration for the film (link), and the connection is quite evident. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't titled "Titanfall". Perhaps there were licensing issues?
Well, 40 years ago this would have been a classical B movie with no one ever taking notice.

So incredibly ordinary and kinda cheap. Jlo can't act for the life of it.

But it's funny how taste varies. Or should I say astonishing? Same with Furiosa. If I wanted to see a Mad Max movie, I'd watch a... well Mad Max movie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, 40 years ago this would have been a classical B movie with no one ever taking notice.

So incredibly ordinary and kinda cheap. Jlo can't act for the life of it.

But it's funny how taste varies. Or should I say astonishing? Same with Furiosa. If I wanted to see a Mad Max movie, I'd watch a... well Mad Max movie.
I'm not a big fan of JLo, but in every movie in which I've seen her act, she's done a very good job of. So maybe it's the writing or directing that's the problem here. Or maybe she feels awkward acting in a CGI setting, rather than playing off another actor.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of JLo, but in every movie in which I've seen her act, she's done a very good job of. So maybe it's the writing or directing that's the problem here. Or maybe she feels awkward acting in a CGI setting, rather than playing off another actor.
JLo is alright, depending on the type of movie, in "The Mother" she was borderline cringey trying to play a former secret operative in an action thriller. It coulda been a decent movie, but it seemed like the focus in the movie was to make sure she looked fabulous in her fur coats and that her hair and makeup were just right. The fight and action scenes were hilarious, they way it was edited tried to cover up her lack of ability and try to make it exciting, so bad. She needs to stick to dramas and rom coms, she's no Charlize or Milla.