Rate the last movie you saw

The Q&A afterwards sounds like a great experience. In one of his earliest roles, Stephen Lang has an unforgettable scene in the 1986 film Manhunter. That performance may have ignited his career.
Was that the prequel to Silence of The Lambs?
I want to say he wrote Manhunter first. So maybe not a prequel as much as Silence of the Lambs is a sequel? I'm confusing myself.
VaqueroTD is correct. Manhunter is based off of Thomas Harris' first Hannibal Lecter novel Red Dragon. Silence of the Lambs is the second novel and film. Manhunter is the more underrated film. :thumbup:
 


This is not a masterpiece by any means. But it is kind of fun and a little different due to the location.
If you do watch this, just go into it with lower expectations of a horror/comedy type movie. Not as good as Shawn of the Dead or Tucker and Dale.....closer to Cockneys vs Zombies



Meh but typical for the time period.
Tom Berenger in another movie as a wilderness scout...but The last of the Dogmen was better IMO
 
I ran across this movie on Prime called Butchers Book Three: Bonesaw. Wow, talk about gore, I even looked away a few times. There are two others in the series and I don’t know if I can stomach them. I will try at least :laugh:

These are strictly slasher and gore made by a Canadian filmmaker that makes Saw look tame. The soundtrack is great too, something I think @BrAinPaiNt would like.
 
Last edited:
I ran across this movie on Prime called Butchers Book Three: Bonesaw. Wow, talk about gore, I even looked away a few times. There are two others in the series and I don’t know if I can stomach them. I will try at least :laugh:

These are strictly slasher and gore made by a Canadian filmmaker that makes Saw look tame. The soundtrack is great too, something I think @BrAinPaiNt would like.
I might have to check it out for the soundtrack.
However I seen the first one and it was pretty low budget and crappy so not sure If I can get through the others.
 
I might have to check it out for the soundtrack.
However I seen the first one and it was pretty low budget and crappy so not sure If I can get through the others.
First one was bad, the third movie is worth a watch. Chapter two was mid.
 

This is foreign so you will have to read subtitles.
However if you like old fashioned gory type movies, you will like this one.
It is a rage virus movie but those infected still have mental functions and can communicate...they are just killers and pervs. Good watch IMO.



This one is a bit slower. Another virus movie. Some of the infected that live are pretty wild looking and teeth grinding is creepy. However unlike other movies of the sort there are just a few that come back, most are dead. This one also has some different ideas that are kind of cool for the genre. Nice couple of twists in there as well. It is slow at times but not bad.



This is actually a pretty good one. Not a huge budget. It is slow. But when a movie makes you want one character to do something and you want to see another one get a good butt kicking...it gets you involved. The ending might make some mad as it leaves somethings out there but overall I liked this movie. Went in with no expectations so that probably helped.
 

This is foreign so you will have to read subtitles.
However if you like old fashioned gory type movies, you will like this one.
It is a rage virus movie but those infected still have mental functions and can communicate...they are just killers and pervs. Good watch IMO.



This one is a bit slower. Another virus movie. Some of the infected that live are pretty wild looking and teeth grinding is creepy. However unlike other movies of the sort there are just a few that come back, most are dead. This one also has some different ideas that are kind of cool for the genre. Nice couple of twists in there as well. It is slow at times but not bad.



This is actually a pretty good one. Not a huge budget. It is slow. But when a movie makes you want one character to do something and you want to see another one get a good butt kicking...it gets you involved. The ending might make some mad as it leaves somethings out there but overall I liked this movie. Went in with no expectations so that probably helped.

The Sadness is awesome!
 
Couple Aussie movies



Slow paced, kind of weird but a decent watch if you go in with low expectations.



Guess this spawned a american series. Never seen any of them or this movie before. I like this movie. Some good tension. Ben Mendelsohn always does a good job at playing a grade a arse and bad guy.

Jacki Weaver also does a very good job in this. If you have watched a number of aussie movies or series you will recognize her and she usually does a good job.
 


Like a lifetime channel movie on steroids. Has a twist in it that was easily to see coming. If you do not like lifetime channel type movies...pass on it. However it would probably be a good movie to watch with the misses if she likes those kind of movies and there is some nudity involved with the Sydney girl so not a movie for young eyes.



Definitely not for young eyes. This is basically a modern version of the old sexploitation womens prison movies. Wife wanted to watch this one. One of those where you say ok but in a beaten down kind of way lol. And although this movie really was terrible as a red blooded American heterosexual male...I did enjoy the images although I had to act like I didn't in front of the wife :oops::p



This is foreign film so you gotta read subtitles. This is easily the best of these three movies. It is an interesting film. The trailer does a good enough job of giving you a good idea of what it is about. Not a big budget film but I did enjoy it.
 
The Wrecking Crew - Stayed up way too late and watched this movie last night on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed it. The movie delivers solid action, some genuinely funny moments, and even a few touching scenes that give it a little heart. Overall, it’s a fun, well-rounded watch that doesn’t overstay its welcome. Definitely worth checking out. I would recommend it.
 
The Wrecking Crew - Stayed up way too late and watched this movie last night on Amazon Prime. I really enjoyed it. The movie delivers solid action, some genuinely funny moments, and even a few touching scenes that give it a little heart. Overall, it’s a fun, well-rounded watch that doesn’t overstay its welcome. Definitely worth checking out. I would recommend it.
I liked it as well.
 




Both lower budget movies.
Both movies are very similar in topic
Both have good and bad parts in them.
Anything for Jackson has a silly ending.
 
Predator: Badlands - Just got done watching this on Disney+ and I absolutely loved it. The action was strong right from the start, the story stayed interesting with solid suspense throughout, and the special effects looked great.

Definitely one of the better Predator entries I’ve seen in a long time. Well worth the watch.
 


Like a lifetime channel movie on steroids. Has a twist in it that was easily to see coming. If you do not like lifetime channel type movies...pass on it. However it would probably be a good movie to watch with the misses if she likes those kind of movies and there is some nudity involved with the Sydney girl so not a movie for young eyes.

I really enjoyed This movie. Watched it yesterday. Yes it could be predictable but at the same time it was fun and entertaining. Sydney doesn't mind flaunting it like you said. But for a rainy day weekend thriller it was fun.
 
Predator: Badlands - Just got done watching this on Disney+ and I absolutely loved it. The action was strong right from the start, the story stayed interesting with solid suspense throughout, and the special effects looked great.

Definitely one of the better Predator entries I’ve seen in a long time. Well worth the watch.
I need to get Disney back to watch this one. I really enjoy the new direction they are going with Predator. The Prey version was meh, I thought the Native Americans weren't that believable, but it was still better than the last 3 attempts to clone a Schwarzenegger story without Ahney. The animated one was fun to watch.

I like AVP franchises better than Star Wars, Star Trek, and whatever else is popular in the genre. But it's definitely hit and miss.
 


Free on tubi. Kind of liked this for a lower budget predictable movie.



Lower budget, has flaws, but I kind of liked this one as well.



This one surprised me. Turned out much better than I thought it would.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,063
Messages
14,660,368
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top