*** Read This! Welcome To The New Cowboyszone! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Have you added viewing options yet? A question on how to increase posts per page I couldn't answer or find a solution to.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you added viewing options yet? A question on how to increase posts per page I couldn't answer or find a solution to.

There are no user settings available for thread/post count per page. The site uses SEO friendly URLs which have page numbers in them. If users had different post/thread settings, then those URLs would point to the wrong pages depending on whether or not the user sharing the URL has the same settings as the users reading and clicking on the links. I will keep looking into it, but it is not something built-in to the software.

/reality

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Love the new look. I did love the old one but this looks a natural evolution of the old theme. Good job

:cool:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Just noticed post counts and member since are no longer under usernames. Will it stay that way?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Coca-Cola, Microsoft Windows, Domino's Pizza and now the Zone.

*shakes head*

Always trying to fix stuff that ain't broke.

it's not about fixing stuff.

it's about learning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

*shakes head*

Microsoft Windows and Domino's Pizza were both pretty broke.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

*shakes head*

I'm a believer in the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" philosophy, but after 9 years, it was finally time to take that step.

/reality

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There are no user settings available for thread/post count per page. The site uses SEO friendly URLs which have page numbers in them. If users had different post/thread settings, then those URLs would point to the wrong pages depending on whether or not the user sharing the URL has the same settings as the users reading and clicking on the links. I will keep looking into it, but it is not something built-in to the software.

/reality

I think I understood that. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Whatdayamean was broken? :) But to be fair I haven't tried 8 yet.

if you've ever done something totally stupid, no one could understand, but it made sense on levels that made no sense, you have.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
if you've ever done something totally stupid, no one could understand, but it made sense on levels that made no sense, you have.

LOL. I think I've been both insulted and praised at the same time which is quite an accomplishment. Maybe it's a Zen thing. :O

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL. I think I've been both insulted and praised at the same time which is quite an accomplishment. Maybe it's a Zen thing. :O

not at all. it's just that windows 8 is like the partridge family bus crashing into the hollywood squares studios.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
not at all. it's just that windows 8 is like the partridge family bus crashing into the hollywood squares studios.

That bad, huh. I'm still trying to get that image to focus. :D Actually I think I'll just erase it from memory. :) I knew I had a good reason not to get Win 8. I just didn't know why yet. I've become a Mac person for the nonce.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
That bad, huh. I'm still trying to get that image to focus. :D Actually I think I'll just erase it from memory. :) I knew I had a good reason not to get Win 8. I just didn't know why yet. I've become a Mac person for the nonce.

they're all after $. google is a phone OS trying to be mainstream. windows is now trying to make the desktop a phone.

one day it will get there. things *will* combine.

the only good thing i can say about windows over google is windows doesn't ask for money to watch a video. as for apple, they've made a career of being an alternate choice.

they just never got it right either.

btw - props to reality. i HATE that my ignore list is gone.

i love i can click on a name and ignore them more quickly.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I notice if I put someone on ignore then I can't see even sections of their posts quoted by others. At first this might seem like a nice feature (to have ignored posters completely invisible to me) but actually it makes the replies of other, non ignored posters very difficult to understand.

Thanks for all the work you put in on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.