Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

DTown214

Reaction score
The chances of him not coming here are very slim. But I'm actually okay with it. Would honestly hate to have to waste our number 4 pick on a QB.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
bring him in..I'm OK with it for sure. I mean it can't be worse than the losers we trotted out this season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
51wwcF8SBVL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Your are correct they did develop Romo but I have lost faith in this group and coaching decisions they made this year. They couldn't adapt to games so I am pessimistic when it comes for them to develop another Qb.

Did Garrett and Company develop Romo? :huh:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
What does that even mean?? :huh:

My point is Stephen has said they want a vet and then a draft pick so why not get Hoyer and then the draftpick?

It means Hoyer is awful. I guess as a back-up he's not our worst option, but I don't think he's any better than Moore.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, we most certainly have not made anything resembling a draft investment. None of them had anything resembling success or a winning record. Even the fondly remembered Kitna lost more than he won. Brad Johnson was shot when he was finally needed, and Kyle Orton took money for nothin' before losing his only start and then forcing his way out of town. Other than Tomo, they've all been terrible.

How big of an accomplishment is it to have some measure of success given a #1 overall consensus top quarterback and the top receiver of this decade? If anything, based on talent, cost, and draft picks invested, I'd say the results have been a bit disappointing in Detroit.

What I am saying is Dallas coaching staff really has not worked with rookie QB and the QB they brought in had the same issues they had everywhere else they played. I'm not excusing this past season on coaches they deserve blame but to say I will not get a QB because I don't like the coaches come on. Hell lets don't draft anyone then that is about the same as saying I will not take a talented QB because I have no faith. For me I'm just giving my view I can't control yours or anyone else faith

LittleD

Reaction score
Well you're sure spending enough time trying to justify the move. I agree with you that Stanton might be a decent veteran option, but this team has to draft a quarterback of the future too.

I'm wondering about Colt McCoy as a possible backup option too but I'm not sure of his contract status.

I like that idea but, I doubt that they let him go. I would also take a flier on Matt Moore instead of Kellen.

dfense

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Why? Why is it a potential "Jerry" move? Bringing in a proven loser who can't read defenses, can't throw from the pocket, and can't run anymore because of his injury prone legs. Heck, he dislocated his ankle without taking a hit. He's the definition of a china doll. Sometimes I think the media just creates this stuff for conversation. Then factor in Dallas almost never signs former Commander players. Jerry is not a complete idiot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I am saying is Dallas coaching staff really has not worked with rookie QB and the QB they brought in had the same issues they had everywhere else they played. I'm not excusing this past season on coaches they deserve blame but to say I will not get a QB because I don't like the coaches come on.

Where have I ever said anything about "not getting a quarterback"? You're making an inaccurate claim if you're attributing that to me. I'm saying to get the most finished product because these coaches have shown they're not good at teaching or developing.

Hell lets don't draft anyone then that is about the same as saying I will not take a talented QB because I have no faith. For me I'm just giving my view I can't control yours or anyone else faith

Again, this isn't something I've ever said so you probably shouldn't mention it while quoting me.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I'm very hopeful that's the case. And that's what I expect. If nothing else, this group usually addresses the latest leak in the dyke in a big way, often going so far as to overcompensate.

But, given how bad things got, I think the proper way to go is both a rookie for the future and a veteran for today.

I hope Jerry listens to himself on what he said. I am all for that, we could use a Vet to backup Romo now and develop a Qb to replace him when the time comes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that idea but, I doubt that they let him go. I would also take a flier on Matt Moore instead of Kellen.

i think that all of Washington's focus will be on keeping Cousins. And McCoy will know he has no shot of dethroning him. May as well go back to the area where he had success? And he looks better in Washington than he has before to me. I think the staff has done a nice job with both he and Cousins.

Wonder why it didn't work out for that other guy?

:huh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Where have I ever said anything about "not getting a quarterback"? You're making an inaccurate claim if you're attributing that to me. I'm saying to get the most finished product because these coaches have shown they're not good at teaching or developing.

Again, this isn't something I've ever said so you probably shouldn't mention it while quoting me.

Most finished product? Again QB who have failed because teams are not letting go of quality QB. So which finished or close to finish QB are you talking about?

LittleD

Reaction score
So who developed Romo? Seriously? So they didn't turn McGee or Vaughn into a HOF QB, is this what we are basing this on? I am not going to say they will work Miracles with any QB but they have done a good job with Romo. Players have to put in the work and want to get better before any staff can develop them

Nope Parcells, Peyton and David Lee worked hard with Romo. Romo wanted to succeed bad and did a lot of
study and improvement on his own. I think this current coaching staff has been riding Romo's coattails for far
too long.

LittleD

Reaction score
i think that all of Washington's focus will be on keeping Cousins. And McCoy will know he has no shot of dethroning him. May as well go back to the area where he had success? And he looks better in Washington than he has before to me. I think the staff has done a nice job with both he and Cousins.

Wonder why it didn't work out for that other guy?

:huh:

I agree and wish that we could hire the Washington QB coach. Oh gosh, now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap!

LittleD

Reaction score
The chances of him not coming here are very slim. But I'm actually okay with it. Would honestly hate to have to waste our number 4 pick on a QB.

You get very few chances to pick a franchise QB in the top 5 draft picks of any year. When you get an opportunity to get a good one
you just do it. QB is the most important position on the field every year. I think we found that out this year didn't we?