Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The funny thing is RG3 is better than any backup qb we have. why not bring him in it will be for a bargain price anyway.

I think if Dallas was willing to give Weeden a shot, it will be willing to give RGIII a shot. I don't necessarily have a problem with that as long as it is not the only QB move Dallas makes.

Reaction score
I think a good percentage of the problems in DC were the Commander's fault and Robert is definitely worth a look, but there will be a list of suitors willing to pay him to start next year,,, the smart thing for him would be to play in Dallas. It's set up for him to learn the offense while playing behind a soon to retire QB.

LittleD

Reaction score
I think a good percentage of the problems in DC were the Commander's fault and Robert is definitely worth a look, but there will be a list of suitors willing to pay him to start next year,,,

We should let all those suitors have first dibs. RG3 is a worse version of a TO cancer. Keep him out of our locker room, please!

remdak

Reaction score
No more reclamation projects at the QB position.
No more attempting to try to out-smart the rest of league.
No more clinging on to the present false optimism of the complete recovery, and return to glory of the current QB.

Few examples:
1. New York Giants were a Super Bowl team in 2000, made the playoffs again in 2002, then decided in 2004, drafted Eli Manning in the 1st round.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers played in AFC championship game in 2002, won a playoff game in 2003, then also in 2004, drafted Ben Roethlisberger in the 1st round.
3. Green Bay Packers were a consistent playoff team through the 2002-2004 season, then had the foresight to draft Aaron Rogers in the 1st round in 2005.

Point being, even playoff teams and competent front offices draft QB's in the 1st round, if the value is there.
Don't get cute & don't talk yourself out of drafting a QB
The time is now to draft the QB for the present and build for the future.

No more QB's who are baseball players as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In Griffin's rookie year, he had a 102.4 QB rating with 20 TD passes to 5 INTs.

His ratings were in the 80s the next two years, but he still has completed at least 60 percent of his passes each year. What's hurt him more than anything as a passer the past two years is the TD-INT rate. Fumbles have also been an issue, which can be a problem for a running QB.

I think Griffin knowing he'd be here as a backup to Romo also would help with any attitude problems. If he's willing to accept that role, which he might not be, then he might can be successful in it.

I'm kind of on board with the Parcells way of thinking: Someone once thought enough of him to spend a first-round draft pick on him, so why not take a look. It can't preclude any other moves we make at the position, but if he's willing to come here for the right price, then Dallas should consider taking a look.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

No more Chad Hutchinsons, Drew Hensons, or Brandon Weedens...

But Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Daunte Culpepper, John Elway, and Dan Marino were all at one point, drafted by an MLB team.

But I get your point...

LittleD

Reaction score

Neither of the so called top 2 college QB's are NFL ready QB's. They both play in gimmick offenses and neither
has NFL pro set experience. Only Carson Wentz has played in an NFL pro set offense and has the
other qualities to be successful after working with Romo for a couple of years. Goff looks like the recent
batch of Baylor QB's who do well in college but flake out in the pros. GET Wentz and win!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Nope Parcells, Peyton and David Lee worked hard with Romo. Romo wanted to succeed bad and did a lot of
study and improvement on his own. I think this current coaching staff has been riding Romo's coattails for far
too long.

I just think this line of thinking is not realistic at all. Parcells, Peyton and Lee did work with Romo, for 3 years, while he sat behind the other QBs in that time frame. I am sure they had a good affect on him. But to think this staff has not helped him over the last 9 years is beyond silly to me. Of course they have. Romo has gone for a QB that struggled with decision making and being reckless to one of the elite QB's over that time. I think Romo works very hard at his craft, just like every other great QB since the history of the league, but to think this staff has not been apart of his growth and success over the last 9 years just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention that the other QB's that these 3 worked with here, laid their foundation with etc, are not even in the league anymore or were never successful in this league.

I understand the hatred that people have for this staff. I know they have their faults and this last year was bad, very bad from the FO all the way down to the players. But that doesn't mean we can't give them credit for things they have done right.

LittleD

Reaction score
I just think this line of thinking is not realistic at all. Parcells, Peyton and Lee did work with Romo, for 3 years, while he sat behind the other QBs in that time frame. I am sure they had a good affect on him. But to think this staff has not helped him over the last 9 years is beyond silly to me. Of course they have. Romo has gone for a QB that struggled with decision making and being reckless to one of the elite QB's over that time. I think Romo works very hard at his craft, just like every other great QB since the history of the league, but to think this staff has not been apart of his growth and success over the last 9 years just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention that the other QB's that these 3 worked with here, laid their foundation with etc, are not even in the league anymore or were never successful in this league.

I understand the hatred that people have for this staff. I know they have their faults and this last year was bad, very bad from the FO all the way down to the players. But that doesn't mean we can't give them credit for things they have done right.

We just have to agree to disagree. I believe Romo has been successful because of Romo and his desire not Wilson or Garrett. I do think
Romo likes both of them and that's why they'll likely stay around for awhile. What Romo wants, Romo gets, right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Exactly, I'm sure BP influenced Romo but he was gone after Romo came in and took over for Bledsoe and Payton was gone before that. To act as if other coaches throughout Romo career has not helped him is ludicrous. Romo was a finished product after 1/2 season under real game situations?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think a good percentage of the problems in DC were the Commander's fault and Robert is definitely worth a look, but there will be a list of suitors willing to pay him to start next year,,, the smart thing for him would be to play in Dallas. It's set up for him to learn the offense while playing behind a soon to retire QB.

I don't know how many teams will be paying him to start. From what I've read, he is as green as the Hulk. He's going to need a few years to get back to a starting level, if he even can.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I don't see how either RGIII or Manziel do not end up in Dallas. From a JJ perspective, RGIII is still really young and Gives Dallas a potential starting QB when Romo retires that could be had at a decent price.

Seems like a Jerry Jones move all the way.

Well then that only means that am intelligent move and a Jerry Jones move are two totally separate things.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We just have to agree to disagree. I believe Romo has been successful because of Romo and his desire not Wilson or Garrett. I do think
Romo likes both of them and that's why they'll likely stay around for awhile. What Romo wants, Romo gets, right?

Most of the top QB do have the desire and work hard but they still rely on input from coaching. I'm sure McCarthy has helped in Rodgers career but by the same token McCarthy could not develop Mike Flynn so is that on McCarthy?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Manziel would absolutely be garbage move if you ask me. He is not even worth mentioning that would be so bad.

RG III is a bust. Young, agile, strong, whatever you wanna call him - he is a bust

Let's not just take him just for the sake of need. Just another headache

Reaction score
I don't know how many teams will be paying him to start. From what I've read, he is as green as the Hulk. He's going to need a few years to get back to a starting level, if he even can.

There's a QB drought in the NFL,,, lots of demand and no supply. The "green" part of this equation will certainly keep his signing dollars more reasonable, he needs to stay healthy so he can learn.

LittleD

Reaction score
Most of the top QB do have the desire and work hard but they still rely on input from coaching. I'm sure McCarthy has helped in Rodgers career but by the same token McCarthy could not develop Mike Flynn so is that on McCarthy?

We can agree that winning QB's just work harder to refine and improve their craft. I do think that Romo's first 3 years sitting and learning from Payton and Lee really gave him a foundation for building success. Even before Parcells finally let Romo take over for Bledsoe, the defense came out and said
that they couldn't stop Romo from scoring. They knew who the best QB was long before Parcells made the move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We can agree that winning QB's just work harder to refine and improve their craft. I do think that Romo's first 3 years sitting and learning from Payton and Lee really gave him a foundation for building success. Even before Parcells finally let Romo take over for Bledsoe, the defense came out and said
that they couldn't stop Romo from scoring. They knew who the best QB was long before Parcells made the move.

No doubt those things helped but Romo was far from a finished product, you can learn so much in class room and playing vs 3rd and 4th string players in pre season. Other QB ahead of Romo were also learning with Payton yet they failed so Peyton helped Romo but failed with the rest them? I just think it is a pretty narrow view thinking no one else since Parcell and Peyton have had any bearing on Romo

LittleD

Reaction score
There's a QB drought in the NFL,,, lots of demand and no supply. The "green" part of this equation will certainly keep his signing dollars more reasonable, he needs to stay healthy so he can learn.

You got it. Most successful QB's are running gimmick offenses and very few are running Pro style offenses. Most of these QB's throw
the ball in 3 seconds to one of the 5 jail break receivers. QB's in college have little defense reading ability. If you discover one who does,
you better snatch him up quickly.