Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Am I allowed to speak now? I mean, since you were so triggered by a differing opinion that you felt the need to say people like me should not be allowed to post at all so as to create a safe environment for your feelings.

Interesting you bring up the Bucs game, the team that crawled into the playoffs at 8-9 and was possibly the weakest team in the '22 playoffs, thereby ignoring the 2 SF crapgames Dak had.....thereby allowing you to focus on the scrapple of the crap sandwich that Dak has become.
Don’t deflect. Did you not have the Cowboys to the Buccs? Yes or no?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Eagles got a first for Carson Wentz I think we could for Dak but yeah Martin too.
The Colts made a mistake they regret. What are the chances another NFL ownership group would make a similar mistake. At least Wentz was young when they traded for him. He’s younger than Prescott and Martin and is out of football. That foolish trade does not make Prescott or Martin worth a 1st round draft pick.

shabazz

Reaction score
And just what has Dak done for us to deserve an extension? "Oh it's too hard to start over." That seems to be the only excuse the FO (and dakbois) use. Anyone ever heard of the draft? The Jones boys haven't.
Yup....some of these guys insist that unless we have the #1 pick in the draft we can't get a good quarterback to replace the Messiah

The niners and Purdy beg to differ

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Don’t deflect. Did you not have the Cowboys to the Buccs? Yes or no?
Are you talking about this past seasons playoff game (yep, I was too lazy to read the previous posts leading up to this one)? I had Dallas winning that game. The Buccs sucked and shouldn't have even been there. Losing that game would have been unforgiveable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Colts made a mistake they regret. What are the chances another NFL ownership group would make a similar mistake. At least Wentz was young when they traded for him. He’s younger than Prescott and Martin and is out of football. That foolish trade does not make Prescott or Martin worth a 1st round draft pick.
At least he was young? That was 2 years ago when Wentz was 29 lol. Dak is 30 lol. And teams always trade for quarterbacks. Sam Bradford got traded for a first too. Matt Stafford got traded for Goff and two 1st round picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you talking about this past seasons playoff game (yep, I was too lazy to read the previous posts leading up to this one)? I had Dallas winning that game. The Buccs sucked and shouldn't have even been there. Losing that game would have been unforgiveable.
This is revisionist history. Many people on this site has us losing to Brady. The Buccs record sucked because of injuries and a up and down year from Brady. This is the same team that beat us first game of the season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the bucs offense wasn't good. but the bucs defense was top 10.

and when you play team that's not good, you are supposed to blow them out of the water. blow them out of the water we did. what's else is expected?

Deionindahood

Reaction score
"intangibles"

Translation - I can't say why he is great or if he is great and I certainly can't point to anything he has accomplished that would be considered great but somehow I need to defend my position by hiding it behind this amorphous claim of "intangibles"
Jerry thinks he's great. If the owner hinks it, it must be true.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
At least he was young? That was 2 years ago when Wentz was 29 lol. Dak is 30 lol. And teams always trade for quarterbacks. Sam Bradford got traded for a first too. Matt Stafford got traded for Goff and two 1st round picks.
He was 28 when the Colts traded for him, younger than Dak is now. If any team thought Dak Prescott was worth a first round draft pick they’d have offered it by now. The Rams had to give Detroit an additional first to get them to do the deal in deference to Geoff’s salary. And salary, in addition to being in their thirties, is why no team is going to give up a first or even a second round draft pick for Prescott or Martin.