Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They failed to address this position with any intent to replace the current guy so going into his last year with a no franchise and no trade clause of course they are working on a deal. They continue to box themselves into a corner and then act like that is the only choice they had.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah me too! I haven't bought any Cowboys stuff for about 15 years. My wife and kids wanted to buy me a Dak jersey in 2016 and said whoa! Something isnt right with this guy I do not want his jersey.
The thing is, if the Cowboys are winning, it doesn't matter who the QB or player is, as they'll be top 3-10 in jersey sales regardless. Romo was a top 3-5 jersey seller along with Witten and guys like Dez. In 2016, not only was Dak jerseys selling, it was Zeke, despite the bad reputation of a domestic abuser, selling in the same level.

It's another myth that Jerry "needs" Dak for jersey sales. Dak lucked into the best OL and RG in the league on the Dallas Cowboys. That luck extends to endorsement deals he gets from just being the QB of the Cowboys.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thing is, if the Cowboys are winning, it doesn't matter who the QB or player is, as they'll be top 3-10 in jersey sales regardless. Romo was a top 3-5 jersey seller along with Witten and guys like Dez. In 2016, not only was Dak jerseys selling, it was Zeke, despite the bad reputation of a domestic abuser, selling in the same level.

It's another myth that Jerry "needs" Dak for jersey sales. Dak lucked into the best OL and RG in the league on the Dallas Cowboys. That luck extends to endorsement deals he gets from just being the QB of the Cowboys.

Yup, Dak is one of them people that falls into a pile of crap but comes out smelling like a rose.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Apologies, Dak is a great stat padder but when it comes time for the big game (see the last 2 SF playoff losses) Dak shrivels up like an old man in cold water.....is that more accurate for your football senses?
Had a great game against the Buccs. Remember when you said we would Lose the game?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Had a great game against the Buccs. Remember when you said we would Lose the game?
Am I allowed to speak now? I mean, since you were so triggered by a differing opinion that you felt the need to say people like me should not be allowed to post at all so as to create a safe environment for your feelings.

Interesting you bring up the Bucs game, the team that crawled into the playoffs at 8-9 and was possibly the weakest team in the '22 playoffs, thereby ignoring the 2 SF crapgames Dak had.....thereby allowing you to focus on the scrapple of the crap sandwich that Dak has become.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yeah, because he did so well, in Green Bay the past 15 years
Well...he did. A QB is unable to win a Superbowl on their own and being 2 time back to back MVP within the last 3 years speaks volumes. If he had the team Prescott has had around him the past two years then worst case scenario we play in a Superbowl and likely win one.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well...he did. A QB is unable to win a Superbowl on their own and being 2 time back to back MVP within the last 3 years speaks volumes. If he had the team Prescott has had around him the past two years then worst case scenario we play in a Superbowl and likely win one.
Tell that the people who don’t like Prescott , so Aaron Rodgers need a team behind them, but Prescott doesn’t. This is so funny.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you mean, if we had the team he had