Report: Cowboys have discussed a contract extension with Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
…….not since Rodgers gave them back 35 Million. that’s why they had Cook up in there for a look see

offensive line is their weakest link and they can give Zack a 2 year 30 million contract with no problemo
They got 15 million in cap space and that’s suppose to sign Zack Martin and Dalvin Cook lol?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If that is how every team approached contracts then majority of team's rosters would be empty.
Team owners understand football better than most of the clowns on here. They know that it takes more than just a QB by himself to have success in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not concerned with every team

Only concerned with Dallas
It helps to be educated about football overall so you dont make a fool of yourself talking nonsense in regards to your own team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is the price of QB's today. Look what the Chargers gave Justin Herbert. How many playoff wins does he have?

Playoff wins are a team thing yet we only assign them to quarterbacks it seems.
Only idiots assign them to quarterbacks.

Parsons is going to be getting 30 million soon. I bet they dont talk about him leading the team to a SB?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Haven’t they been doing that? 2016 they drafted Dak, 2018 Mike White and 2020 Dinucci…….next year will be year 4 without doing it.
yes but they could not coach them up and had not intention of using them to replace dak.
Both were cut, and mike white became a good qb with the jets, and dinucci became a good qb with the xfl, he was the leagues top qb.
Now payton is coaching him up even more. I think he will replace wilson soon.

The cowboys coach young qbs, to be bkups, and that is a bad way to coach them up.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm already resigned this team will never win another Superbowl ever again. I don't get upset like I did 15 years ago.
Me too. I remember back in the 80’s and 90’s I would be crushed after a loss, especially the 90’s. Now I’m pleasantly surprised when we win and I’m over a loss in about 6-12 hours. I’m a therapist and we therapist have a saying it’s called the “**** point”. In any abusive relationship eventually the person being abused reaches the “**** point” and either leaves the person or fights back and the relationship changes. My “**** point” was the 2021 playoff loss to the 49ers. Last year’s loss hurt but it wasn’t a surprise and I was over it in about a day or so. So now if we do anything I’ll be pleasantly surprised but I’m expecting more emotional abuse from Jerry Jones and it doesn’t hurt as much, or at all.

CWR

Reaction score
Awesome, lock him up. Another 5 years or so would be super fun around here. Lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
At the end of the day Jerry just needs winning records and being in the hunt at the end of the year. He may want a Super Bowl but he is not going to risk giving up competitive seasons for a few years to get a competent, Super Bowl winning capable QB in here.

His value is at 9.2 billion without winning a Super Bowl for almost 30 years!

Risk vs reward is just not there. No guarantee you upgrade over Dak with a different QB even if you had a high pick in the draft.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So if this saves $35 million or more in cap space for next season. Not to mention what it can save this season. How soon will fans whine they won’t spend the $$$ on FA’s?
:muttley:
I doubt they whine but they will complain about Jerry bowing to DLaw, Zeke, Dak, etc. yet the best OL Dallas has would be let go all so the money 'saved' goes toward a scrub like Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I doubt they whine but they will complain about Jerry bowing to DLaw, Zeke, Dak, etc. yet the best OL Dallas has would be let go all so the money 'saved' goes toward a scrub like Dak.
Now Dak is a scrub lol….some of y’all shouldn’t be allowed to post if you don’t know football.