Report: Cowboys Were Involved In Jamal Adams Trade Talks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
the Seahawks already have their QB locked up for the future. In order for the Cowboys to beat that offer they might as well put it towards trading up in the draft near the top. They wouldn't be far off.

I heard a rumor that Seattle might be moving on from Wilson after the 2021 season because he will be too expensive and the Seahawks want to strengthen defense and put money there instead of $40M or something at QB.

I do not know Wilson’s current contract or when he wants a re-do. Don’t know if any validity in the rumor.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard a rumor that Seattle might be moving on from Wilson after the 2021 season because he will be too expensive and the Seahawks want to strengthen defense and put money there instead of $40M or something at QB.

I do not know Wilson’s current contract or when he wants a re-do. Don’t know if any validity in the rumor.
Wilson has a no trade clause, so he would have to approve any trade before it could be done, and Seattle would have dead cap money if they released him

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hey Jerry and Stephen......... had you drafted Adderley, Thornhill or Rapp you wouldn't need to try and trade picks to get Earl Thomas and Jamal Adams. Use the draft and get a safety

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I'm more upset we didn't use a 2nd rounder on Juan Thornhill, heck heck with Adams, the ransom we would of had to pay in picks and salary.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Wilson has a no trade clause, so he would have to approve any trade before it could be done, and Seattle would have dead cap money if they released him

The rumor talked of cutting him in 2022. Wilson has a base salary of $19M and a roster bonus of $5M with a dead cap amount of $26M in 2022. So, it would be a net $2M hit to release him. His salary cap in 2022 is $37M total in2022. Very doable to move on from Wilson in 2022.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Then I guess we're even because I don't care what you or sportswriters who guess, speculate or start unsubstantiated rumors think.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'd guess that Dallas was willing to do a first and third and Woods.

Remember the third was all but offset by the Jets sending back a fourth.

So the difference was really only that second first, which Dallas should not have done, as much as I think the player is special and would have made everyone around him on this defense better.

I'm not sure who steps up and leads this defense, but its needs to be someone. It's two top paid players arent going to do it.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
WHO CARES!

This is the correct answer. It’s over and done with. Dallas didn’t bite and in seeing the amount of draft capital they’d have to give up, PLUS pay Adams a king’s ransom, I’m glad they didn’t. Let’s move on.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
https://insidethestar.com/report-cowboys-were-involved-in-jamal-adams-trade-talks/

For the second time in the last few years, the Cowboys lost out on a game-changing safety who made it clear they wanted to be in Dallas, simply because the price tag got too high.

No matter your feelings on the Cowboys’ roster building as a whole, and even after seeing the haul of picks the Jets received in exchange for Adams, it’s still disappointing to see Dallas fail to upgrade to the very best at a position of need.

Not disappointing at all. I'm thrilled that the Cowboys didn't get punked like the Seahawks.

It's a twofer for us. The Hawks make themselves worse into the future, and we didn't.

plasticman

Reaction score
Just be thankful Adams wasn't a WR...

It might have taken until 2025 until we saw another 1st round pick.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Involved vs committed...

The old adage...For breakfast....the chicken is involved but the pig is committed

we were never going to pay what they wanted
How could we afford to do that deal?

No way.

We are directly on a course of either having to sign Dak after this season or start looking at our next QB.

#1 draft picks will be needed if we either have to draft, trade up and draft or trade for a starter QB.

If the cap drops, high pick draft picks are going to be like gold over the next several years.

Seattle obviously thinks they have their teammates together.

We shall see.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Seahawks stole him.
tenor.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
The rumor talked of cutting him in 2022. Wilson has a base salary of $19M and a roster bonus of $5M with a dead cap amount of $26M in 2022. So, it would be a net $2M hit to release him. His salary cap in 2022 is $37M total in2022. Very doable to move on from Wilson in 2022.

Yeah they can cut him after 2021 with a dead cap of 26 million. I guess that's better than a cap hit of 37 million.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Hawks are all in and it’s their choice. Their Super Bowl team featured a defense that gave up only 4200 Yds for the season which is the lowest of any team in the last 10 seasons. Oh geez did I just say that Russell Wilson won a super bowl with the best Defense of the last decade?? Oh Mama mia!
yes and the only question is to me is how good is their defense now with adams?? are they still needing pieces ?
If adams were the final piece then good move, but if they still need some other good players, then now wasnt the right time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All the dumb dumbs in here saying seattle paid too much is hilarious. Seattle has their QB locked up and hes a little older they are in win now. They are also a perennial playoff team which means they pick in the mid 20's every year. For them to move up into the top 10 to get a talent like jamal adams it would cost them that mid 20 pick and a future 1. The 3rd rd pick is just a trade back since the seahawks will have a late 3rd and the jets will have an early 4th round pick. Throwing in mcdougald is meh. But they are in win now. Good move for both teams now the jets actually have to pick good players outside the top 10 which they haven't done recently.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The Hawks are all in and it’s their choice. Their Super Bowl team featured a defense that gave up only 4200 Yds for the season which is the lowest of any team in the last 10 seasons. Oh geez did I just say that Russell Wilson won a super bowl with the best Defense of the last decade?? Oh Mama mia!

Tell me when was the last time and the TOTAL number of times a SAFETY is credited as being that one player, that player that was responsible for that defense being considered as good as it actually was, that one player that all the sports people would say if he wasn't there they had no chance of winning let alone win a Super Bowl? There have been some good safeties but none of them are held that high that entire defenses will/would have collapsed if they weren't there.