Report: Dak Prescott counteroffer higher than Carson Wentz deal

nobody

Reaction score
It is a clear violation of the collective bargaining agreement and is yet another example of the Patriots willingness to cheat to win. They are light years ahead of our clown show front office. Why we do not copy what they do in every single way is beyond me.

Fixed it for you!

nobody

Reaction score
McDonald's fries are an underrated cuisine.

They used to be before they changed their recipe because of the vegetarian lawsuit. Now they're okay, but nothing like what they were. Granted, I don't blame the lawsuit. McDonald's clearly listed them as a vegetarian-safe food but had meat juice or some meat product in the recipe for them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've contemplated banning you for no reason whatsoever, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Pretty sure some of the other mods feel the same way.

Look at it this way Idgit, there is always tomorrow.

;)

csirl

Reaction score
They used to be before they changed their recipe because of the vegetarian lawsuit. Now they're okay, but nothing like what they were. Granted, I don't blame the lawsuit. McDonald's clearly listed them as a vegetarian-safe food but had meat juice or some meat product in the recipe for them.

The vegtable oil they were fried in was not pure veg oil - there was some animal fat/dripping in it to add flavour. Afterwards, they only used pure veg oil.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've actually ordered those exact words. And just being a poster. It gets frustrating I'm sure. I don't believe my initial response was aimed at you. The names this early in the learning process get cross-referenced. Be good be safe my cowboy family

I mean, there are negatives and positives to both sides. I didn't stop being a MOD for any specific reason, I just didn't have time to really devote the time and attention it takes to do a good job anymore. I have Grandchildren now and I watch them a lot. I still work and I am now, even more involved in family things because I'm at the point in my life where my kids are starting families and need that help and my extended family is reaching a point where they need help managing day to day things in life because they are getting older. It was never a thing where it was an issue for me. You just have to make your choices and for me, it was pretty clear what I needed to do there. I love all these guys, being a MOD is far from easy, but all of these folks are really good at it. This board, IMO, has no idea how good they have it with this staff. They really, really are as good as you are going to find. But it takes a lot of time.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I mean, there are negatives and positives to both sides. I didn't stop being a MOD for any specific reason, I just didn't have time to really devote the time and attention it takes to do a good job anymore. I have Grandchildren now and I watch them a lot. I still work and I am now, even more involved in family things because I'm at the point in my life where my kids are starting families and need that help and my extended family is reaching a point where they need help managing day to day things in life because they are getting older. It was never a thing where it was an issue for me. You just have to make your choices and for me, it was pretty clear what I needed to do there. I love all these guys, being a MOD is far from easy, but all of these folks are really good at it. This board, IMO, has no idea how good they have it with this staff. They really, really are as good as you are going to find. But it takes a lot of time.
*I know I wouldn't want that MOD job,as to my angled view of thinking, it would diminish the enjoyment I derive from "hanging-out" here& probably replace it with a foreboding sense of dread,,,o_O

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
*I know I wouldn't want that MOD job,as to my angled view of thinking, it would diminish the enjoyment I derive from "hanging-out" here& probably replace it with a foreboding sense of dread,,,o_O

Yeah, I think people forget that all of the MODs, at one point in time, were posters and that they became posters because they had interest in the team and enjoyed having discussions about the team. Becoming a MOD definitely changes that experience and my personal opinion is that you can no longer enjoy the simple pleasure of just being a fan and talking Cowboys. So many things you really can't say or even discuss because it just ends up creating more problems then is solves.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah, I think people forget that all of the MODs, at one point in time, were posters and that they became posters because they had interest in the team and enjoyed having discussions about the team. Becoming a MOD definitely changes that experience and my personal opinion is that you can no longer enjoy the simple please of just being a fan and talking Cowboys. So many things you really can't say or even discuss because it just ends up creating more problems then is solves.
Ya,of that I'm certain, Bro.
:starspin::star::starspin:

Plankton

Reaction score
Different time. Emmitt held out in the early 90s. The new CBA makes it tougher on the players to hold out and will cost them in the pocket. And Dak would do himself no favors holding out. The Cowboys would simply then tag him in 2020 and then what's he going to do? Sit out again in 2020?

Bigger difference - Emmitt Smith was a restricted free agent. He wasn't under contract, thus, wasn't a holdout. Prescott is still under contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh did a podcast with the Eagles writers over a Bleeding Green Nation discussing Prescott and his contract. He said this at one point and it's spot on............

"If you’re telling me that your quarterback carries you’re offense and he’s worth thirty-something-million dollars a year you can’t turn around and tell me that the quarterback needs a running back. You can’t do it. It makes zero logical sense. Like ‘oh Zeke’s the engine that makes it go,’ then why pay your quarterback thirty-something million dollars? He better be the engine that makes it go or he doesn’t deserve that check."

He's right. If you think you have a great to elite QB that deserves $32MM or more, then you can't turn around and then say we have to bring Elliott back at a huge number because he makes the offense go. It doesn't make a shred of sense.

The Cowboys are stuck, unfortunately.