Twitter: Report: Roethlisberger and Von Miller could be released

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wild that construction workers have the highest suicide rate.
I think I can imagine why.
I believe dentists were leaders in that stat for a good while.

Sorry, I went off topic.

Also plenty of day jobs that destroy employees bodies as well. Plenty of friends in their mid-30s already with back problems due to their jobs, brother-in-law will most likely have to retire early due to his back. A lot of of day jobs out there that do a number on your body quickly, and they pay out a lot less than the NFL does for it's players.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Also plenty of day jobs that destroy employees bodies as well. Plenty of friends in their mid-30s already with back problems due to their jobs, brother-in-law will most likely have to retire early due to his back. A lot of of day jobs out there that do a number on your body quickly, and they pay out a lot less than the NFL does for it's players.
Not only that, but I work a sedentary career and have to get myself to exercise to combat the effects, but many of my colleagues... I look at them and think "You're not surviving beyond 48, you keep drinking heavily and living that couch potato life like that".

Killing me softly with my lifestyle,
Killing me softly,
With my lifestyle,
Killing me softly...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The cap might go down for the next three or four years, with all of these mutations. And that's why I'm weary of re-signing Dak.

DLaw, JSmith and Zeke might be in jeopardy next year.
They lost some viewership because they decided to cater to wokeness too. Those dollars aren't coming back in three or four years, so that cap may not ever be what it once was.

Flamma

Reaction score
They're one play away from possibly never walking again, and make their team owners billions. Don't compare it to our day to day jobs. If I made my bosses billions I'm sure I'd be a multi millionaire too.

They're millionaires for playing a game. And they get paid what they're paid for one reason only. This holds true for just about any occupation. You're paid based on how easily you can be replaced. Not how much money you make for your boss.

Haimerej

Reaction score
our police and military's are a bullet/bomb or other life threatening situations away from never breathing, walking, using their arms, going blind, deaf, etc etc firemen risk their lives for how much$$$

again, how much is it they make?

lets stop the exaggeration of what they athletes vs real people, thats a disrespectful statement..we get what the owners make but fortune 500 and above company's who are all billionaire corporations pay a ton of employees minimum wage..be careful where you step..are they not making their owners billions?

Big difference is the people paying the NFL salaries do so willingly.

aria

Reaction score
They're one play away from possibly never walking again, and make their team owners billions. Don't compare it to our day to day jobs. If I made my bosses billions I'm sure I'd be a multi millionaire too.
Pleeeeeease! There are millions of people doing a lot more dangerous jobs for a lot less money. Spare me the pitty party.

aria

Reaction score
Right on brother! We’re all on ownerships side here!
It’s not just ownership, but I have zero sympathy for these entitled JO athletes that have been coddled their entire lives to play a GAME.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Jerry licking his chops now. You know how he like re-treads. ;)..

Silly

Reaction score
would it not be easier to just cut all the player's salaries to an amount equal to decline in cap? Problem solved. :huh:

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s not just ownership, but I have zero sympathy for these entitled JO athletes that have been coddled their entire lives to play a GAME.

Good Lord. There are stray cats I have more pity for than an NFL player. They'll be just fine.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How much you think he's worth??????
Jameis? As a starter he'd get $20m+, that's just the going rate.

Assuming he's in some sort of time share - aside from whatever issues the cap may cause - he'd be in line to get Mariota, Taysom Hill, or Nick Foles money...around $8-10m. If he's a backup, then guys like Keenum, Tyrod are maybe more comparable at around $6m.

It just depends on what the market ends up being. Teams like the Colts and 49ers should have no problem giving him $10-15 because he's, at worst, a lateral move from their current QBs who are making a lot more than that, but he gives you more upside.