Twitter: Report: Roethlisberger and Von Miller could be released

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Should would be nice to get Von.
Be nice to have Tom Brady at 25 and a grip of FA's join at lower than market value, but that was never happening and ain't gonna happen.

So we deal with what we got to deal with.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Lol, this will be great. Millionaires who play a game for a living whining and crying because the salary cap goes down and they can’t make that extra few million on top of what they’ve already made.

I’m looking forward to see what players expose themselves for the divas they are.

They get market value for playing that game and provide a passionate outlet for all of us including you. Plus, I’m pretty sure you would take the money and fight for every extra nickel you could get.

There’s a percentage of knuckleheads in every business but let’s not broad brush everybody. It’s a cliched take. For the most part they are pretty good guys who busted it to get where they are.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they can still play Stephen won't be interested in them unless they are cheaper than UDFA rookies.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Wild that construction workers have the highest suicide rate.
I think I can imagine why.
I believe dentists were leaders in that stat for a good while.

Sorry, I went off topic.
Dentist were the leader and the reasons why were they are constantly causing pain and you have to see them every 6 months

Rayman70

Reaction score
Von Miller has issues with the law I think. We should avoid him. Bud Dupree might be worth a look.He might be a good fit for Dan Quinn.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jameis? As a starter he'd get $20m+, that's just the going rate.

Assuming he's in some sort of time share - aside from whatever issues the cap may cause - he'd be in line to get Mariota, Taysom Hill, or Nick Foles money...around $8-10m. If he's a backup, then guys like Keenum, Tyrod are maybe more comparable at around $6m.

It just depends on what the market ends up being. Teams like the Colts and 49ers should have no problem giving him $10-15 because he's, at worst, a lateral move from their current QBs who are making a lot more than that, but he gives you more upside.

I think the question to be asked, are you signing him as starter or back

Bigdog

Reaction score
Amazing. I get it though.
Yeah and the highest stress for anybody is losing a spouse or significant other. No 2 was losing a child and the reason was not everyone has children. At least it was a couple of years ago. Don’t know if that changed.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So, would the Colts go after old man Ben over rebuilding Wentz?
I know their coach is a Wentz fan, but hmmm

Adreme

Reaction score
Duh

I'm surprised that we aren't hearing more about the NFLPA working to get some type of cap relief measures in place. Vets are going to get killed if the cap ends up at 180-185.

It sounds bad but what will likely happen is a lot of 2-3 year deals and restructures that push the burden onto future years which is actually good for veteran players. Its not great for players that only have another year left in the NFL but that is a very small minority of players.

Adreme

Reaction score
Also it seems weird of me to cut Big Ben when he is costing 19m (the amount you save by cutting him and there is 0 future money on the deal). I know he was bad last year, but the only reason you cut your franchise QB over 19m is if you are absolutely convinced he is done.

conner01

Reaction score
Duh

I'm surprised that we aren't hearing more about the NFLPA working to get some type of cap relief measures in place. Vets are going to get killed if the cap ends up at 180-185.
That really surprises me
It shouldn’t be that complicated to borrow from future years to prop up this year
Makes me wonder if it’s not more about some teams not having the money, not just cap space

conner01

Reaction score
Also it seems weird of me to cut Big Ben when he is costing 19m (the amount you save by cutting him and there is 0 future money on the deal). I know he was bad last year, but the only reason you cut your franchise QB over 19m is if you are absolutely convinced he is done.
And it’s not like they have a viable replacement

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Duh

NFL should have denominated salaries in terms of cap%. Protects both sides both up and down.

It's gonna be a free agency massacre if they don't do something. Weird that they haven't already.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gonna be one helluva off-season.
giphy.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think they said Von will be restructured instead of releasing him. I’m not sure.

would anyone be interested in picking up vonn even with the allegations of recent ?
Blimey, bland Yanks, both veterans have reached the top!
Unfortunately, both are quickly as Jimidy blunk now long downhill. So Jerry would approve.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think they said Von will be restructured instead of releasing him. I’m not sure.

would anyone be interested in picking up vonn even with the allegations of recent ?

Its always been von Miller's dream to play for cowboys...