Twitter: Report: Roethlisberger and Von Miller could be released

black label

Reaction score
Can we get rid of the non talented dummy who can't score in the first quarter first?

cristglo

Reaction score
If the cap comes in at 180, only a handful of teams will have money to sign players. Vets whose contracts allow them to be cut will be cut. The market will be flush with players and many will end up taking one year deals worth close to league minimum.
Yes I agree there will be a record of One yr deals.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Duh

I'm surprised that we aren't hearing more about the NFLPA working to get some type of cap relief measures in place. Vets are going to get killed if the cap ends up at 180-185.
Indeed, teams will be cutting cap despite the players status.
Watch how cut throat this business really is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Their teams generally aren't their main money makers.
They're billionaires before they even buy a team and that's because they have revenue streams that made and make them a billionaire before even considering their team.
But technically you're right.
I dont lose much sleep when billionaires revenue stream is interrupted briefly.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Also plenty of day jobs that destroy employees bodies as well. Plenty of friends in their mid-30s already with back problems due to their jobs, brother-in-law will most likely have to retire early due to his back. A lot of of day jobs out there that do a number on your body quickly, and they pay out a lot less than the NFL does for it's players.
Im in sales. What I do takes a toll on me daily. lol. Im 35 and I feel 55. That could also be the heavy drinking during cowboys games. But who knows.

Swagger

Reaction score
Big Ben is done. Washed up and he's delusional if he doesn't retire whilst people still remember him as a Two time Superbowl Champion as opposed to embarrassing himself further next season

phildadon86

Reaction score
Big Ben is done. Washed up and he's delusional if he doesn't retire whilst people still remember him as a Two time Superbowl Champion as opposed to embarrassing himself further next season
Thats not what I remember of Big Ben. "cough" bathroom "cough". It would make sense for them to bring in Jameis though. Trade one rapist for another.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Big difference is the people paying the NFL salaries do so willingly.

NOPE

sorry you tried to make point that they should be paid for their sacrifice of physical tools and CTE later , my point trumped all narratives about that and ill stand by it.. they want to take for granted what our servicemen and LEO do for very little money and compere it to a very overpaid athlete because maybe one day they will have trouble walking or get depressed?? come on fail all the way around..

we were talking about the demands of players holding out wanting more being selfish egotistical toddlers and someone has the nerve to say they earn it? nope made my point , at some point owners need to be more stubborn and say no..

i think its beginning because the elite qb is now whining and wanting out after they took 199 mil bonus money in guarantees and so far Rogers, Wilson and Watson have not been traded and so far nothing even close, owners are saying play or sit and lose millions..stare down has begun and with all the vets retiring and young blood coming nd winning more quickly the qb market is about to take sharp turn downward because owners see maybe get that qb for 5 years try to win it all and then reboot rather then give 200mil to spoiled unappreciative player who really only top 3-4 ever really come through with the big wins vs pay scale..

No way players like wentz and cousins should make twice that of an Aaron Donald and owners are starting to see that. Maybe take some time as change and risk are tough but reality's is vets can play for 25mil and win sb or retire , the gray area is starting to shrink, hopefully owners make tougher stand..

Dak is a prefect example, deals 2 years ago were far exceeded his talent level and career production to this point he refuses to sign.. hes not twice as good as elite defenders, OL, and other skill positions. they should not be paid like it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
not really they started 11-0? hes not the player he once was but like Pmanning post surgery there could be one more run but hes has to be willing to take huge pay cut.some egos dont allow for that..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Easy no and no for me.
Not enough meat on bone to deal with the off-field issues.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
not really they started 11-0? hes not the player he once was but like Pmanning post surgery there could be one more run but hes has to be willing to take huge pay cut.some egos dont allow for that..
As we saw when they barely beat us at our MASH unit worst the Steelers 11-0 was extremely soft.
Ben R wasn't good last year and thus the Steelers are basically begging him to retire.
He probably will get to play if he wants and some team could make a run with him while they develop a rookie.