Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by JackOfNoTrades, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    2,930 Likes Received
    And 84% of white murders were committed by other whites. Your stats don't mean what you want them to mean.

I doubt evidence will make much a dent in your thinking though.

Jstopper likes this.
  2. Solution

Solution Well-Known Member

352 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    The point was to raise awareness. Sure the root issue is lost on some or most people. But here we are having a discussion about it, so Kap and the players are getting exactly what they set out to do. Well done on them, because I can't think of a peaceful protest that would have garnered any more publicity than this one has.

Sasquatch and FuzzyLumpkins like this.
  3. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,876 Messages
    10,161 Likes Received
    America is different than what you think it is.

If you don't like it here, why not leave?

4. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,368 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    You and I define "social institution" very differently. I don't watch the NFL for any values, morals, or wisdom. It's pure entertainment. Period. It's a sports league.

cml750 and pjtoadie like this.
  5. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

9,747 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    "In the his forum"? Go back to junior college.

Jstopper likes this.
  6. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    Or you could enforce the rules the way they do in every other situation. Fine the players that don't follow the rules.

7. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Well-Known Member

1,553 Messages
    2,677 Likes Received
    These kind of things started when Goodell became Commisioner. He has no spine. It's like he needs to be moderated.

8. sean10mm

1,950 Messages
    2,930 Likes Received
    Rule doesn't actually exist though. It's an internet hoax.

CowboyStar88 likes this.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,876 Messages
    10,161 Likes Received
    There is no rule that states a player has to stand for the anthem.

10. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,368 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    Check out the crime statistics based on percent of population. It's easy to look up. Just check out the FBI crime statistics. The numbers don't lie. But what do I know. I've only been a Federal Agent for the past 27 years.

11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

32,231 Messages
    22,535 Likes Received
    Jstopper likes this.
  12. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

12,073 Messages
    21,118 Likes Received
    Hmmm ......you already said you were leaving. Glad to see you're reconsidering (LOL)

13. sean10mm

1,950 Messages
    2,930 Likes Received
    Of course you have been, anonymous internet man trying to win an argument. And I'm an astronaut, ask me about spaaaaaace!

14. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,899 Messages
    5,984 Likes Received
    "Ginger Power!"

Maverick84 and pjtoadie like this.
  15. FuzzyLumpkins

32,231 Messages
    22,535 Likes Received
    Not this again. The anthem and all of those tributes they do for the military and police are political. There have been politics in sports for thousands of years. I can go through them again if need be.

You only take issue now because your profession is being protested.

dagreat1_87, Jstopper and Sasquatch like this.
  16. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

12,073 Messages
    21,118 Likes Received
    Did you say you're Federal Agent? Interesting.........

CowboyStar88 and Jstopper like this.
  17. sean10mm

1,950 Messages
    2,930 Likes Received
    I don't think the Star Spangled Banner references anything he's doing on CowboysZone... :lmao:

18. Fizziksman

Fizziksman BanditHiro

4,319 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    yeah let's face it, if the Cowboys win today they will be here next Sunday. It's a drug to them and no amount of pearl clutching from these users is gonna stop the addiction because more often than not this all they have to live for.

links18 likes this.
  19. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,677 Messages
    6,202 Likes Received
    There is one moment in a stadium when everyone is on the same team. We are all Americans.

Standing during the national anthem is a reminder of this.

It is also a reminder of those who fought and lost their lives in the hope of preserving that which we Americans cherish the most....our freedom.

The quality of that freedom may be debatable but the sacrifices of good men and women are not. We stand in respect to them. It is not required, it never had to be, very few would ever think of being so rude not to.

One of the ideals of freedom is that a person can do whatever he pleases so long as it does not prevent another from doing the same and here is where the players got it wrong.

They are "on the job", on the clock if you will. They are working for somebody and getting paid really well. It should be expeced thay your boss doesnt want you to do anything that might detriment his business.

If tje playet wants to make a statement then they can do it on their own time and not in a uniform that represents the team and it's city.

Yes, nobody can stop the players from not respecting the national anthem and Goodell can stop wondering why viewership is down.

Meanwhile some on "America's team" do not want to atand because they feel as though it relates to the behaviour of the presidwnt. That is both ignorant and sad.

Chevyman08 and TheSkaven like this.
  20. FuzzyLumpkins

32,231 Messages
    22,535 Likes Received
    The NFL has stated that it does not require players to stand during the anthem. Owners were down on the sideline with them yesterday.

Deal with it.

CowboyStar88 and Jstopper like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.