Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If a large number of the team protest's by kneeling or sitting, I will not watch until they stop protesting. I know my protest doesn't matter to them, but it's my right. I'll figure out something to do with my time.

Maybe if Trump would have put all of his attention into tweeting and talking out how American Citizens in Puerto Rico needing help, then the NFL players wouldn't have responded the way that they did yesterday. I think that his time should be spent more on tweeting support for Puerto Rico if he actually cares about America like he claims.

Also Patriots fans booing during the Anthem is more disrespectful than kneeling. Veterans have support their freedom to kneel and said that they fight for that and not for the song/flag. Just like you have the freedom to not watch.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Cubs winning the series, Bruce Jenner calling himself a woman, Cosby the rapist, and President Trump weren't enough to make it officially nuts???

the irony of the 1976 summer Olympics in Montreal is that a chick won the men's Decathlon Gold and men won the women's swimming gold

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
You don't get to claim what every vet fought for. You certainly do not get to speak for the armed services who have taken no stance. If you fought as a vet then thank you for your service but you do not get to speak for anyone but yourself. I can introduce you to several vets who support the protest. Doesn't make anyone right.

Nevermind that the players have specifically said they are not protesting the armed services and it's the national anthem not the military anthem. They play taps to honor the fallen at every military service I have been to not the SSB.

Glad someone pointed out the fallacious reasoning behind these rhetorical posturings.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Geez I love how a bunch of 20 year olds have politicized my football.

This is fun.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The Cowboys handled the situation with brilliance. They showed solidarity with fellow players, while separating it from their respect for the national anthem. I will watch the Cowboys game now, and seeing RESPECT for the flag and our precious freedoms brought tears to my eyes. Loved it!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys handled the situation with brilliance. They showed solidarity with fellow players, while separating it from their respect for the national anthem. I will watch the Cowboys game now, and seeing RESPECT for the flag and our precious freedoms brought tears to my eyes. Loved it!

Cheesy, forced, choreographed, weird... That's what I thought.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys did do it the right way. Good for them.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No but I know how that would make me feel it did. Hence why I can see where the players are coming from and what protests mean to them. We are all entitled an opinion via the first amendment.

This is called empathy.
I agree, it would make you and I feel bad if you were pulled from your car and beaten to death. That's called empathy.

Nav22

Reaction score
Did they disrespect the flag before the game, numb nuts? They did it right.
LOL "numb nuts". Whatever that actually entails, I'd rather be that than a COWARD.

The team held a demonstration. You flatly said you'd turn in your season tickets if they did. Now you're taking it back.

I'd be mad too if I was completely full or **** and got called out for it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
How can we be sure? We want proof of life Gimme!
Well, ruffian, when I drink beer, it stays in. When I eat, it comes out 5 hours later. My respiration is good. My manner, as always bloke is whimsical and continental.
That proves I have never been dragged from my car and beaten to death, like the Texas Longhorns on any given Saturday.
I live, and you are the better for it!

Section446

Reaction score
LOL "numb nuts". Whatever that actually entails, I'd rather be that than a COWARD.

The team held a demonstration. You flatly said you'd turn in your season tickets if they did. Now you're taking it back.

I'd be mad too if I was completely full or **** and got called out for it.
You're struggling, had they done it during the anthem, I would have absolutely canceled the tickets. Thankfully, they handled it correctly and did it before the anthem. Hey kid, one day, you'll be able to afford season tickets too.

Nav22

Reaction score
You're struggling, had they done it during the anthem, I would have absolutely canceled the tickets. Thankfully, they handled it correctly and did it before the anthem. Hey kid, one day, you'll be able to afford season tickets too.
They demonstrated by inter-locking arms, COWARD. Your qualifiers after the fact are adorable.
:lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.