1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Report: Some Cowboys planning protest tonight

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by JackOfNoTrades, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagreat1_87

dagreat1_87 Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    2,455 Likes Received
    it is not media hype. it doesn't matter if its white cops or black cops, the unlawful killings are a problem, not the color of the cop, at least to me

2. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

10,626 Messages
    8,439 Likes Received
    The Stands can empty but the fans already gave their money to the Cowboys/NFL by paying for the tickets. What Network is going to cut off the TV contracts of the entire NFL since a lot of teams protested?

3. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    5,077 Likes Received
    I am aware of what they can do. Standing during the National anthem is a way of ackwowledging that the right to choose was earned by the blood of patriots.

It doesn't ruin my day, there is nothing to deal with.

4. wrongway

wrongway Well-Known Member

727 Messages
    866 Likes Received
    Imagine that.

5. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

10,626 Messages
    8,439 Likes Received
    I have seen protests when white people have been wrongly shot by cops.

6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,420 Messages
    17,152 Likes Received
    The rest of what you said was quoted with the "...", way to show your sensitivity. Protest that steps on something I care about is not going to win me over. Are you trying to create unity or division? If you want unity then find a better way.

cml750 and Tobal like this.
  7. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Well-Known Member

1,070 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    By the Government, you forgot that part.

8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

20,487 Messages
    4,432 Likes Received
    iirc, the players were not on the field for the anthem prior to 2009 or so. It was only after the Army etc started advertising that the anthem at NFL games became some huge military support thing

DFWJC likes this.
  9. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,955 Messages
    5,943 Likes Received
    Why did he opt out? because he was not going to have a job. He has backtracked this year saying he would not kneel. He needs money fortunately most of the owners see that and see through his hollow promises.

10. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    3,947 Likes Received
    So cops are going around committing unlawful killings? And this happens disproportionately to law abiding minority folks? And there is something about the job that makes both white and minority cops commit these unlawful killings?

Tass likes this.
  11. Solution

Solution Well-Known Member

352 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    They aren't trying to win you over, they are trying to start a discussion. Which they did, so with every reply you are feeding into what they want. I call that a successful protest.

Also what is your fixation with calling people sensitive? You took something I said partially out of context and replied only to the part you felt like addressing. u dont spek 2 gud dew u?

12. dagreat1_87

dagreat1_87 Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    2,455 Likes Received
    yes they are. every cop? no. 50% of cops? likely not, but enough of them. You can dispute it if it you want. I have seen these killings. I have seen the stereotyping. Gonna take a wild guess and say your not a minority and haven't experienced this. So if you haven't gotten the point of what i've been saying by now. There isn't much else to be said

BIGWAY likes this.
  13. movaughn88

movaughn88 Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    2,185 Likes Received
    I have a question for you guys, no matter what your opinion. Why would you be surprised if some of the Cowboys protest? Our 53 is probably within a standard deviation of the cross section of any other 53 in the league. After all, the draft is pretty random, and there is no way that our FO asks any questions about personal political views during the draft process. I don't think it's any different for free agents, though that could be slightly more skewed due to Dallas' location in the country.

So there were generally guys in the league (maybe even former Cowboys?) who did something yesterday besides stand during the anthem. I don't see how that would be different because of the uniform they have put on this year.

14. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,332 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    I turned off the Raiders game last night, I'm not alone

cml750, pjtoadie and Section446 like this.
  15. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

31,521 Messages
    21,842 Likes Received
    You don't get to claim what every vet fought for. You certainly do not get to speak for the armed services who have taken no stance. If you fought as a vet then thank you for your service but you do not get to speak for anyone but yourself. I can introduce you to several vets who support the protest. Doesn't make anyone right.

Nevermind that the players have specifically said they are not protesting the armed services and it's the national anthem not the military anthem. They play taps to honor the fallen at every military service I have been to not the SSB.

16. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,332 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    If a large number of the team protest's by kneeling or sitting, I will not watch until they stop protesting. I know my protest doesn't matter to them, but it's my right. I'll figure out something to do with my time.

AmericasTeam81 and FuzzyLumpkins like this.
  17. CheapietheCheapskate

CheapietheCheapskate Benched

227 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    The anthem is played before they come out.

18. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,420 Messages
    17,152 Likes Received
    I'll discuss all they want and it will do them no good. Win me over and we can all win.

You being sensitive about being sensitive? I'm sorry. I took nothing you said out of context, I just quoted half of it word for word then included the rest with an ellipsis. Not my fault you don't comprehend too well.

19. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

2,804 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    The Cubs winning the series, Bruce Jenner calling himself a woman, Cosby the rapist, and President Trump weren't enough to make it officially nuts???

cowboy_ron and pjtoadie like this.
  20. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    3,947 Likes Received
    They didn't kill you? I am surprised since cops run around killing minorities for no reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.