Report: Tua Tagovailoa off 3 NFL Draft Boards; Injuries Concern Scouts, Execs

stiletto

Reaction score
Despite being one of the best college quarterbacks in the nation at the University of Alabama, Tua Tagovailoa's injury concerns appear to have him slipping on multiple NFL teams' draft boards.

Per The Athletic's Bob McGinn, three teams have taken Tagovailoa off their board entirely due to concerns from scouts and executives about his ability to stay healthy.

Rumblings about Tagovailoa's durability keep getting louder the closer we get to the 2020 NFL draft.

One AFC personnel man told McGinn that Tagovailoa was "a great college player" but added there are "three, four or five red flags staring us all in the face" that make it hard to risk a high pick on him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...fl-draft-boards-injuries-concern-scouts-execs

I am sure his Wonderlic score of 13 isn't helping his cause either. Teams take that pretty seriously at QB. It all compounds.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
just roll the tape against the Clemson Tigers, 2019 championship game.
Tus was throwing picks right and left then was benched and then was seen holding his arm on the sidelines as if that was the reason for his benching.
The valiant Hurts came in and made it a game again while Tua feigned injury. Blimey, a crybaby he is.
Hurts made it a game again? :huh: The final score was 44-16. Bama didn't score in the second half.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well I wasn't talking about the 8 and 9 win seasons....it was more so the 13 and 10...but I guess we'd rather highlight the 8 and 9 win seasons lol. I think 13, 10 and 9 win seasons are impressive with Garrett as coach. Just me though.
People that has that Dak hate agenda love to talk about last season but don't include the part where the entire team quit on Garrett.......... yet Dak still got them 8 wins.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So drafting a rookie QB is your way of making the playoffs? LOL

Talk about the opposite of trying to make the playoffs.

Garrett got fired because of his mediocre results. No different then your hero Romo.
Did Romo elevate the team with those 3 straight 8-8 season's degree he lost to every division opponent in a win and your in scenario

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hurts made it a game again? :huh: The final score was 44-16. Bama didn't score in the second half.

Sorry, mate, I was channeling leadership and not meltdowns.
But Hurts was and is the real deal.
Tua was the show up but Hurts was already pro.
Anybody who belives Tua is NFL grade material is an idiot.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
No need to use a high pick on a qb or wr unless they plan on trading dak.

SSoup

Reaction score
13, 9, 10. 8. Let's stop pretending Dak has really elevated us since his rookie season.
Some fans would do well to refresh their memories about 2015. While they nitpick Dak for fairly transparent reasons, they willfully choose to forget what it's really like out there for teams with an actual bad QB.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Imagine taking these rumors seriously. Tua's biggest concern are a couple of sprain ankles he got.

He won't be on the board when we pick anyways.
No, it’s the 15% chance that he develops Avascula Necrosis (AVN) in his hip and the joint become necrotic and he ends up with a four year career before debilitating arthritis sets in.

It’s what ended Bo Jackson’s career and forced him to have a hip replacement at 29

ankle sprains ... if only

Kwyn

Reaction score
If he falls to 17, hopefully use him for a king ransome for more picks to some QB needy team. Do not see him falling that far though.
All the QB needy teams pick ahead of the Cowboys. If they want him, they will pick him

The main reason they are picking ahead of us to begin with? They suck at QB

the only team below us that’s seriously in the 1st round QB market is NE

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
All the QB needy teams pick ahead of the Cowboys. If they want him, they will pick him

The main reason they are picking ahead of us to begin with? They suck at QB

the only team below us that’s seriously in the 1st round QB market is NE

That why I said do not see him falling that far and we know how NE operates.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Without the hip injury there would be hardy discussion on who the first pick would be. No one would care about the ankle injuries. Tua can play. Some are saying that he was assisted by a great Alabama roster. This LSU team was one of the best of all time. That certainly will help a QB. I still support Dak but if Tua was there Dallas has to take him. Especially if Dak is not locked up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly. Dak's won 41 games his first four seasons, and too many fans want to start over with the next Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Paxton Lynch, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, or Mitch Trubisky.
This should tell you too many fans are just not that bright. It's the reason we get all these Dak threads wanting to trade him or even just cut him. Despite all the other weak links on the team they want to blame Dak's #1 ranked offense for all that is wrong with the Cowboys. They need a scapegoat to point the finger at. With Garrett gone, Dak is the guy that gets their scorn.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This should tell you too many fans are just not that bright. It's the reason we get all these Dak threads wanting to trade him or even just cut him. Despite all the other weak links on the team they want to blame Dak's #1 ranked offense for all that is wrong with the Cowboys. They need a scapegoat to point the finger at. With Garrett gone, Dak is the guy that gets their scorn.
Its more like the number #1 offense looks great against the Commanders and Giants but looks like the #30 offense against the Saints, Bills, Bears, Jets, Eagles. Combine those results with the money Dak wants, some of us tend to throw up in our mouth. Yes Garrett is getting a lot of blame but there are plays that Dak just flat out misses and he misses bad. Oh he makes some big plays too but he is just too inconsistent so there is a reason people blame him.

morat1959

Reaction score
8-8 and not making the playoffs I would classify that as a losing season.
They don’t! They love JJs world of mediocrity! To them...it’s like we’ve been relev
8 and 9 win seasons arent all that impressive
And I'm saying you are accepting missing the playoffs because you can give his w/l record with no context.

13-3
9-7 (missed playoffs, scored 9 points against an Eagles team that benched their starters)
10-6
8-8 (missed playoffs)

So again, let's stop pretending he elevated this team to anything. Marcus Mariota has as many playoff wins as Dak. We going to start praising him?
Truth! The homers can’t stand it when you post this. It doesn’t fit their Dak love agenda.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Its more like the number #1 offense looks great against the Commanders and Giants but looks like the #30 offense against the Saints, Bills, Bears, Jets, Eagles. Combine those results with the money Dak wants, some of us tend to throw up in our mouth. Yes Garrett is getting a lot of blame but there are plays that Dak just flat out misses and he misses bad. Oh he makes some big plays too but he is just too inconsistent so there is a reason people blame him.
You aren't arguing with me. You are arguing against hard, in the book stats. You ignore the weakest links and blame Dak. What a joke. lol