Respect is what makes our forum work

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just disagree. Like I said above, nobody has issues when calling someone a “lover” or a “Stan”
I think if the person being called a "lover" or a "stan" felt they were being unjustly labeled, that too is name calling. I don't consider any of those example to be worth crying about, but technically, it's meant as an insult. I do it on occasion too, usually with the term "Dakophants", reserved for those who seem to feel Dak can do no wrong, and attack anyone who points out a flaw in his game or a mistake he made...though I don't think I've ever called any specific person that, it's more of a general term.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do we need any of the labels like hater or lover? Those are used as weapons and really not part of the discussion.

I think the word "hate" really gets thrown around too casually. Not being a fan of a person isn't hating.

And this "you're just a hater so your opinion doesn't matter" is ridiculous. Their opinion matters just as much as the one calling them a hater. Anyone here can like or dislike anyone that want, they don't need a reason or explanation.

There are a lot of members here that were not onboard with the contracts for Prescott, Cooper, Elliott and Smith but they don't hate them. We have two kinds of posters here, player focused and team focused and it's tough to really be both. The team people are not convinced these contracts are in the best interest of fielding a contender.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I appreciate all the feedback, more so the negative than the positive. The negative humbles me and tells me how I can approve.

It's "improve." Thank me later, Bro!

Is this what you meant? LOL.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why do we need any of the labels like hater or lover? Those are used as weapons and really not part of the discussion.

I think the word "hate" really gets thrown around too casually. Not being a fan of a person isn't hating.

Blame children for turning "hate" into a watered-down word referring to any sort of criticism. Seeing adults toss it around that way tells me a lot about that adult.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It's "improve." Thank me later, Bro!

Is this what you meant? LOL.

Thanks. I find it hard to believe I actually typed approve instead of improve. This auto-spell correct thing drives me crazy sometimes. Not saying it is that this time but sometimes it changes my correct words into something else. Sees to be worse with my iphone.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Thanks. I find it hard to believe I actually typed approve instead of improve. This auto-spell correct thing drives me crazy sometimes. Not saying it is that this time but sometimes it changes my correct words into something else. Sees to be worse with my iphone.

Now you're in denial, Bro.

I kid, I kid. Lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if the person being called a "lover" or a "stan" felt they were being unjustly labeled, that too is name calling. I don't consider any of those example to be worth crying about, but technically, it's meant as an insult. I do it on occasion too, usually with the term "Dakophants", reserved for those who seem to feel Dak can do no wrong, and attack anyone who points out a flaw in his game or a mistake he made...though I don't think I've ever called any specific person that, it's more of a general term.
Is that endemic to Cowboys fans or is that pretty standard among all the sites that do this? I don't go to other team discussion sites so I don't know but we had this same situation on the old DC.com site as well, so this ain't nothing new.

There are times I witness actually discussions here and that will take me back a bit. I am used to the bullets flying so when I see a respectful discussion, it's an oddity and that shouldn't be because there are too many really fine people here.

How many times do you see someone start a thread with a disclaimer, of sorts, "ok, let me have it"? Brace for impact. I have posters here disagree with my opinions all the time (too damned much if you ask me) but they show me where they think my conclusions might be off. And I have actually adjusted my opinions (too damned much if you ask me) with their comments. Made me think about it in a different way.

And they didn't do that name calling or trying to insult me. They were simply voicing their opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is that endemic to Cowboys fans or is that pretty standard among all the sites that do this? I don't go to other team discussion sites so I don't know but we had this same situation on the old DC.com site as well, so this ain't nothing new.

There are times I witness actually discussions here and that will take me back a bit. I am used to the bullets flying so when I see a respectful discussion, it's an oddity and that shouldn't be because there are too many really fine people here.

How many times do you see someone start a thread with a disclaimer, of sorts, "ok, let me have it"? Brace for impact. I have posters here disagree with my opinions all the time (too damned much if you ask me) but they show me where they think my conclusions might be off. And I have actually adjusted my opinions (too damned much if you ask me) with their comments. Made me think about it in a different way.

And they didn't do that name calling or trying to insult me. They were simply voicing their opinion.
I don't visit other team sites either, but people are people, and that's why I still have plans to start my misanthropy based church. You're one of the few who can join in person. Most will have to do it from their own friggin' house.
:grin:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't visit other team sites either, but people are people, and that's why I still have plans to start my misanthropy based church. You're one of the few who can join in person. Most will have to do it from their own friggin' house.
Can I be a priest? I don't do confessions but will accept emails with photos. The parishioners will like me though, I will tell them "go and sin no more and have 5 Bloody Mary's".

Mannix

Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:
#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.

I'm not sure who or what situation you are referring to, but I will say this....this forum BY FAR has the least bad blood between posters than any forum I've ever been a part of....college athletic forums of any kind are the WORST. I'd be lost without this site....it is the best. Just wish wish we could loosen up a bit with the language restrictions....at least while Cowboy games are in progress....I can't yell and swear loudly in the house without scaring the wife and our little dog.:angry:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The Egirls have a section where anything goes You can literally let err rip

kskboys

Reaction score
^ Bold :hammer:

What is 'crazier' is that one overly critical group for one quarterback thinks it is somehow different philosophically from the other overly critical group for the other quarterback. Same nonsense from opposite sides of a single coin.
I have noticed that!!

kskboys

Reaction score

And this "you're just a hater so your opinion doesn't matter" is ridiculous. Their opinion matters just as much as the one calling them a hater. Anyone here can like or dislike anyone that want, they don't need a reason or explanation.

There are a lot of members here that were not onboard with the contracts for Prescott, Cooper, Elliott and Smith but they don't hate them. We have two kinds of posters here, player focused and team focused and it's tough to really be both. The team people are not convinced these contracts are in the best interest of fielding a contender.
Oooohhh, Nicely said!!