Restaurants You Refuse to Eat At?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any buffet, especially Chinese.

Chain pizza.

Most fast food unless I am really hungry and want to eat on the run.

Subway but I will eat at Jersey Mike's because it tastes fresher. They also notice the difference between green and brown nasty lettuce and Subway doesn't. A rabbit, with just decent eyesight, wouldn't eat at Subway.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any buffet, especially Chinese.

Chain pizza.

Most fast food unless I am really hungry and want to eat on the run.

Subway but I will eat at Jersey Mike's because it tastes fresher. They also notice the difference between green and brown nasty lettuce and Subway doesn't. A rabbit, with just decent eyesight, wouldn't eat at Subway.
I used to have two $10 gift cards for Subway in my wallet, for over a year. Then a homeless guy in a beat up car pulled up next to me and asked for directions to a place at which he'd found a job.

Now I only have one Subway card I'm holding onto, in case he ever comes back.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jimmy Johns. Everything is cold. Toast the breat, heat the meat. Firehouse or WaWa any time.
As far as sandwich franchise places that everyone probably recognizes, the three franchise places I will go no questions asked are Jersey Mike’s, Capriotti’s and Schlotzky’s.

There are a lot of bad mom and pop sandwich stores too. Probably because it’s an easy joint to open. Pizza, hoagies, wings, etc.

I’ll still eat Subway but there are some franchise locations to avoid for sure. Completely agree with Jimmy John’s. I saw their setups forever and never stopped. But on one business trip and in a remote location. It was the easiest closest place to eat. Ate there two or three times and never want to go back. LOL. I’m not really sure what it is, they just don’t make good sandwiches. Had that ugh feeling in the stomach and there isn’t much I can’t eat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As far as sandwich franchise places that everyone probably recognizes, the three franchise places I will go no questions asked are Jersey Mike’s, Capriotti’s and Schlotzky’s.

There are a lot of bad mom and pop sandwich stores too. Probably because it’s an easy joint to open. Pizza, hoagies, wings, etc.

I’ll still eat Subway but there are some franchise locations to avoid for sure. Completely agree with Jimmy John’s. I saw their setups forever and never stopped. But on one business trip and in a remote location. It was the easiest closest place to eat. Ate there two or three times and never want to go back. LOL. I’m not really sure what it is, they just don’t make good sandwiches. Had that ugh feeling in the stomach and there isn’t much I can’t eat.
I've seen adds for Jersey Mike's, but never heard of the other two.

DeAngelo is pretty good. They grill fresh, right in front of you...plus they offer wraps.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Arbys - I can recall in the early 90s me, my father & cousin on the side of the highway down Virginia blowing chunks shortly after trying their roast beef sandwiches. My father never recommended it after that day.

Jimmy Johns - ordered an italian cold cut. It was just the saddest sandwich I have ever seen. Id rather have a sub from 7eleven, a grocery store, or gas station for half the price. At least they offer mayo, lettuce, etc.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
My most recent trips to Applebee’s and Hacienda have pretty much sucked. Nasty food, hair in the food, ants on the table, warmish beer. Just gross.

I have never been a fan of generic chain restaurants like them anyway. I prefer to try independent places. There are some chains I like, but owner operated restaurants with fresh ingredients and ideas usually turn out to be a much better experience.

I don’t go to these places voluntarily. I traveled a bit with my ex girlfriend and her family, and I just don’t understand them.

We went to a city for a week one time that is known for great food, especially seafood. I was excited to try out different places, and was searching Yelp and Trip Advisor months in advance to find hidden gems.

We went to one or two of those restaurants, but mostly went to places like

- Waffle House
- Zaxby’s
- McDonald’s
- Olive Garden

It was extremely annoying.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Another one is Hooters, went there about 4 years ago, took well over 45 minutes to get the food. The waitress apologized saying is that the cook just walked out and quit, offered us free food which was nasty just like the food we paid for. Never been back and will never go again

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Another one is Hooters, went there about 4 years ago, took well over 45 minutes to get the food. The waitress apologized saying is that the cook just walked out and quit, offered us free food which was nasty just like the food we paid for. Never been back and will never go again
Hooters restaurants vary greatly. It's all dependent on the managers and cooks.

rynochop

Reaction score
Chili's. It used to be pretty good in the 90s, just awful now. Or maybe it was bad then to but didn't care.

I quite going to Lubys after I paid like 18 bucks for lunch once probably 20 years ago. Server offered me pan fried perch, I didn't see the cost.lol Could have gone to a nice restaurant

PackersNation

Reaction score
Dakota's Steakhouse in Dallas...

Worst Porterhouse I have ever come in contact with.

Will never return...

Not all of Texas has garbage steakhouses. I've had wonderful experiences at Perry's.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Finally Arby's was mentioned. Absolutely atrocious junk that not even a Mogwi would eat after midnight haha

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My most recent trips to Applebee’s and Hacienda have pretty much sucked. Nasty food, hair in the food, ants on the table, warmish beer. Just gross.

I have never been a fan of generic chain restaurants like them anyway. I prefer to try independent places. There are some chains I like, but owner operated restaurants with fresh ingredients and ideas usually turn out to be a much better experience.

I don’t go to these places voluntarily. I traveled a bit with my ex girlfriend and her family, and I just don’t understand them.

We went to a city for a week one time that is known for great food, especially seafood. I was excited to try out different places, and was searching Yelp and Trip Advisor months in advance to find hidden gems.

We went to one or two of those restaurants, but mostly went to places like

- Waffle House
- Zaxby’s
- McDonald’s
- Olive Garden

It was extremely annoying.
That sucks. My favorite part about traveling is trying the local food.