RG3: Cowboys can win it all with Dak

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas has several problems and Dak's included

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree culture is a problem, even though the jones boys say it isnt.
The HC and coaches are a problem too.
Dak is a top 10 QB if you go by season stats and wins.

But those things are not going to change so how is dak supposed to get to a SB and win ???
With dak extended for possibly 60 mil a year , would it not be better to go with a cheaper QB and use the extra $ to add players to defense? or offense?
With dak making that much the 24 team onward will be a lesser team, so how is dak going to do better with less??

My main complaint with dak is his pay, and he hasnt been as good in playoffs as he is in regular season.
I might also say that dak himself just said there is no culture problem.
And in the past 8 years he hasnt done anything to helpwith the culture problem.
He is like JG tells his team mates when they mess up it is ok, and that doesnt help.

Ever see dak get mad when they lose? I havent. Thats because IMO he doesnt mind losing, like others on the team as long as he
gets the big $ , it is no big deal to lose in playoffs.
Dak doesnt seem to be obsessed with winning a SB, it is more like just icing on the cake if it happens magically.

Are other qb's like that? sure they are.

Mahomes and Brady are the only 2 that seem to be obsessed with winning SB's and they go all out to win, and it pays off most of the time.
Josh Allen plays hard too, but he has to get past KC, and he and his team havent been able to do that.

Some here say dak sucks, or is not a good qb, which is true for playoff games, but not reg season.
Dak has won only 2 playoff wc games in 8 years. Do you think that is good? worth 60 mil? I dont think it is , and that is whyy many think
he has had his time, and not accomplished enough. At some point it is time to let someone else try.

But dak like any other qb is going to have to win in spite of jones boys, coaches, culture.
Romo had the same problem and he could not overcome those things, and I doubt dak can either.

So bottom line is dak hasnt got the team to a SB, not even past the div round, ( can we agree on that?) on a rookie deal, and @ 40 mil a year,
so how is he going to do it @ 60 mil a year, with a lesser team than what he had in the past??

The OL is going to maybe be real bad this season also and the run game too.
Add to that the schedule is way tougher this season.
Dan left and it remains to be seen what zimmer can do with defense.

This isnt a hater post , just me being real, I think watching the cowboys would be more interesting with another qb, but unless
they got lucky, it doesnt mean that guy could do better than dak, but if he was cheap, and the jones boys did the right thing with
the extra money , the team might do better in playoffs.
But that would be more fun than just watching more dak led seasons with
the usual endings.
Dak has not been paid $60 million per season, ever, and Jerry has not managed to build a team that can get into the Super Bowl. If Dak does sign an extension, it won’t affect his 2024 pay. That would remain exactly the same. What is Jerry Jones going to do to address the team’s deficiencies? Dak and his agent have no reason to believe Jerry Jones is capable of putting together an NFL roster that can reach the Super Bowl. No reason whatsoever. In light of that, shouldn’t Dak insist on the maximum he can be paid? Dak does not make any personnel decisions. Dak is not involved in other players contract negotiations with the Cowboys. Dak works for, but does not have an ownership stake in the Dallas Cowboys NFL franchise. I am quite sure Jerry Jones does not defer to Dak’s wishes when it comes to running the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a multi-billionaire. He runs the Cowboys as he sees fit. He does not allow Dak to run any part of it, as in, what Dak thinks does not matter. Why, under those circumstances, should Dak give a damn about what Jerry thinks? If Jerry doesn’t want Dak Prescott at the the price Dak Prescott wants, Jerry can just tell him to go away. And Dak will have to look elsewhere for employment as an NFL player. If Dak and his agent don’t like it, too bad. Right? Cowboys fans will still have Jerry. Jerry is all Cowboys fans really need.

Nav22

Reaction score

David LaFleur​

Remember him, personally endorsed by TA , drafted in first round, TA also said he was the driving force of the Cowboys, ended up a total bust. So TA believes Dak can be as great just like Dave LaFluer. Lmao, good night junior stop being such a A-hole.
Yeah, missing on a draft prospect is totally the same thing as raving about a 9-year NFL veteran.

Bathe in the shame. I'll make sure you never forget what the great Troy Aikman thinks about your NFL QB acumen.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This is what Jerry thrives on. Mediocrity touted like it's gold, and que the fans who forget the nightmarish end to every season five minutes into the offseason. We're good...all good...no changes needed, Super Bowl incoming!!!! Who needs actual results when you have "experts" vouching for Dak in the offseason?? We MUST be good! Now when do we start hearing he's in the "best shape of his life"?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what these ex players say. Anyone with two eyes can see Dak doesn't have it. The truth is Dak is not good enough.

The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie.- Mark Twain

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
RG3 is usually the first QB that comes to mind when I think about winners and what it takes to be a winner.

If anybody knows what a winner looks like it’s RG3.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak has not been paid $60 million per season, ever, and Jerry has not managed to build a team that can get into the Super Bowl. If Dak does sign an extension, it won’t affect his 2024 pay. That would remain exactly the same. What is Jerry Jones going to do to address the team’s deficiencies? Dak and his agent have no reason to believe Jerry Jones is capable of putting together an NFL roster that can reach the Super Bowl. No reason whatsoever. In light of that, shouldn’t Dak insist on the maximum he can be paid? Dak does not make any personnel decisions. Dak is not involved in other players contract negotiations with the Cowboys. Dak works for, but does not have an ownership stake in the Dallas Cowboys NFL franchise. I am quite sure Jerry Jones does not defer to Dak’s wishes when it comes to running the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a multi-billionaire. He runs the Cowboys as he sees fit. He does not allow Dak to run any part of it, as in, what Dak thinks does not matter. Why, under those circumstances, should Dak give a damn about what Jerry thinks? If Jerry doesn’t want Dak Prescott at the the price Dak Prescott wants, Jerry can just tell him to go away. And Dak will have to look elsewhere for employment as an NFL player. If Dak and his agent don’t like it, too bad. Right? Cowboys fans will still have Jerry. Jerry is all Cowboys fans really need.
All true, except a ext would affect his 2024 pay. They would immediately push $ forward to reduce his pay for 2024 which now sits
at 59 million.
What is Jerry Jones going to do to address the team’s deficiencies?............ well he will go "all in" of course ! lol

Yes but the the topic was can they win it all with dak. I dont think so, so why have a 60 mil QB??
If they went with lance or rush they would have about 50 million extra in cap space, But what they do with that is unknown.
Will it help get past div round? Also unknown unless they do it.

Cmac

Reaction score
RG3 was the toxic culture in Washington, a spoiled brat who was a legend in his own mind
Actually RG3 was loved by the franchise and fan base.......until he got hurt. Turned on him the moment he was injured. He beat us and the moment he went down in the playoffs against Seattle......their franchise went downhill.

Jarntt

Reaction score

I know, I know, what do NFL QBs like RG3 and Troy Aikman know???

Who cares that NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs rank Dak as a top 10 QB every offseason???

Here's Aikman yesterday on Dak, for those who missed it, after he said the Cowboys should keep Dak around:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

Shut up, Troy! Who cares what you think!?!?

When you've captured the hearts and minds of lowly, pear-shaped haters on a message board, THAT'S when you've truly arrived!!!

While I totally agree there is a culture problem with this team and has been for a long time, I think it's a little convenient to try and pretend it's the only problem. Dak's play on the field sure as hell was a huge part of why we lost that playoff game. And some of our other highly paid or soon to be highly paid players didn't play all that great either. The culture thing is just becoming an excuse at this point for everything that is wrong with this team.

All that being said, of course we could win a SB with Dak and overall he was great last year. The question is, in a cap world and with a team already with cap issues is the best chance to win a SB in let's say the next 5 years by extending Dak at $60M per year plus or moving on and using those savings to build up other spots even if a clear the cap year is needed to get there. Put me in the been there done that category. I like Dak and I don't blame Dak and think he was great last year, but at $60M per year you need to be the difference and the reason your team wins big games, not a guy you "can win a SB with"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are losers, there are mega losers, and then there is RG3.
This is always funny to me. A professional athlete who made it to the NFL is a loser but you listen to losers on this site all day and don’t question their knowledge lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is some serious Dak propaganda from the Dak sewing circle of this forum. Posters question Dak’s ability or results, and the circle criticizes the posters. You kind of already lost any debate.

There are plenty of folks that think Dak can be a key player in getting them to a Super Bowl. Some don’t. Who cares. Fragility abounds.
Amazing. You summed up thousands of dak posts in two paragraphs. And wrapped up the issue tight.
My compliments.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I know, I know, what do NFL QBs like RG3 and Troy Aikman know???

Who cares that NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs rank Dak as a top 10 QB every offseason???

Here's Aikman yesterday on Dak, for those who missed it, after he said the Cowboys should keep Dak around:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

Shut up, Troy! Who cares what you think!?!?

When you've captured the hearts and minds of lowly, pear-shaped haters on a message board, THAT'S when you've truly arrived!!!

Maybe start by winning a WCG, its never too late for even the slowest of learners.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a foregone conclusion unfortunately

The thing is, Daks backers will be celebrating an extension as if it's a team victory

Sad what our franchise has become. At one time success was measured in Lombardi's

Now the determining factor of success is whether our QB "resets the market".

If that's what gets Dak stans off, then there's not much else that needs to be said
The measure of success? Is how much one can gloat about anything... fact, fiction, opinion, a contract extension...and how many emojies can be used in one comment.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No, he suks cause he choked in the playoffs. I’ve read it here by at least 20 or 30 members here over and over again. Lol

He’s a loser. Never win a championship. Lol
Dak will never win a championship... 31 to the list.