News: Richard high on rookie Michael Jackson

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ah yes, the universal acknowledgement for “I can’t refute your point” and I don’t like it.

A guy could have one play and get a pick.

Or get little or none for his career. Like Jones

Calling out individuals on defense for not getting turnovers is ignoring the fact that nobody gets much of anything around here.

This is a problem that goes way beyond any one player.

Jones is the biggest example. The point stands.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Funny that Garrett is suddenly parroting Richard. Likes his cb's to be tall, rangy, physical, long arms. Wonder when that thinking began? Last year when Richard came here???
Richard is running the secondary and calling plays on defense.....you typically go get players to fit the coaches scheme and concepts; no different than any defensive coordinator or coach.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Ah yes, the universal acknowledgement for “I can’t refute your point” and I don’t like it.

Or get little or none for his career. Like Jones

Jones is the biggest example. The point stands.

So pointing out a guy has one pick in a season is somehow that much greater that no picks in the same season is somehow a great point in the first place?

Especially since that one pick places in the guy in joint second for the most number of picks on the team and that is more the norm than the exception.

I'm sure getting rid of Jones would start the interceptions rolling in.

Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So pointing out a guy has one pick in a season is somehow that much greater that no picks in the same season is somehow a great point in the first place?

When one guy did it while playing less than 20% of the snaps? Yes, yes it is.

Especially since that one pick places in the guy in joint second for the most number of picks on the team and that is more the norm than the exception.

The fact is that Jones has never been a turnover guy. Not in college, and certainly not in the pros, with just 2 interceptions over his four year career.

I'm sorry that fact seems to hurt you. But it remains a fact.

I'm sure getting rid of Jones would start the interceptions rolling in.

So this is where the Strawman comes in because there's nothing resembling a valid argument?

Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!!

Or making things up for a failed argument?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
When one guy did it while playing less than 20% of the snaps? Yes, yes it is.

The fact is that Jones has never been a turnover guy. Not in college, and certainly not in the pros, with just 2 interceptions over his four year career.

I'm sorry that fact seems to hurt you. But it remains a fact.

So this is where the Strawman comes in because there's nothing resembling a valid argument?

Or making things up for a failed argument?

Ah! The old "Failed argument" according to "me" reply.

So Lewis got one interception with 18% of the snaps, well as I pointed out earlier a CB could have one snap in and entire season and still come away with an interception, so one interception with 18% of the snaps isn't knocking it out of the park is it?

And so if "one interception" Lewis is so much better than Jones why did Jones get 99% of the snaps and Lewis only 18%?

And lastly since you don't seem to grasp the point of my initial reply, care to list all the Dallas CBs that got more picks than Lewis's one last year?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah! The old "Failed argument" according to "me" reply.

Any argument which has to resort to a Strawman and arguing something never said, is a failed one. You can look that up.

So Lewis got one interception with 18% of the snaps, well as I pointed out earlier a CB could have one snap in and entire season and still come away with an interception, so one interception with 18% of the snaps isn't knocking it out of the park is it?

Again, whoever said it was? Strawman number two here, I take it? I'm seeing the pattern.

And so if "one interception" Lewis is so much better than Jones why did Jones get 99% of the snaps and Lewis only 18%?

Is this your entire M.O.? To invent stuff that nobody ever said? I'll call you out right here and now - Produce the posts where I said "Lewis is so much better than Jones"?

And lastly since you don't seem to grasp the point of my initial reply, care to list all the Dallas CBs that got more picks than Lewis's one last year?

You know what? I've stopped trying to interpret this babble. There is clearly no point to it, and no valid argument that you're bringing here. You're simply making things up - that nobody said - because you're clearly triggered because Byron Jones doesn't generate turnovers. Blame him for that, not anyone else.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Any argument which has to resort to a Strawman and arguing something never said, is a failed one. You can look that up.

Again, whoever said it was? Strawman number two here, I take it? I'm seeing the pattern.

Is this your entire M.O.? To invent stuff that nobody ever said? I'll call you out right here and now - Produce the posts where I said "Lewis is so much better than Jones"?

You know what? I've stopped trying to interpret this babble. There is clearly no point to it, and no valid argument that you're bringing here. You're simply making things up - that nobody said - because you're clearly triggered because Byron Jones doesn't generate turnovers. Blame him for that, not anyone else.
You’ve stopped because you can’t or it validates my initial point?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ve stopped because you can’t or it validates my initial point?

Stopped because I'm clearly talking to someone without the skills for intelligent debate and is therefore a waste of my time.

Make up another Strawman.
:facepalm:

I'm done here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that the new thing? Everyone is going to tell Dallas to come get them?

JazzCat to Jason...COME GET ME...I don't know what the heck I can do, but I can at least keep your roster on the website updated better than what it is. I mean I can update it as soon as a transaction or number change is made. So fans don't have to wait 3 weeks or more.

So COME GET ME...

there...:D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind that most of the Legion of Boom consisted of later round draft picks. I think both Sherman and Chancellor were fifth round picks. I think Richard believes completely in his prototypes and his technique.

I am glad I read further into this thread and seen this..as I was going to post, facetiously, if he is so good why did he last until the 5th round. :muttley:

And J/K everyone, do not take it seriously.

I have Jackson making the team as the 9th DB, and Wilson possibly the 10th if they keep that many.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am glad I read further into this thread and seen this..as I was going to post, facetiously, if he is so good why did he last until the 5th round. :muttley:

And J/K everyone, do not take it seriously.

I have Jackson making the team as the 9th DB, and Wilson possibly the 10th if they keep that many.

Given the upcoming contract situations, there is inevitably going to be some turnover at the cornerback position. Apparently, this fact pisses some people off.
:huh:

cern

Reaction score
Richard is running the secondary and calling plays on defense.....you typically go get players to fit the coaches scheme and concepts; no different than any defensive coordinator or coach.
please note that none other than bill belichik himself will be coordinating the patriots defense this year. the hc should hire a dc that will run the kind of defense the hc wants and the gm should get him the players to do so. I wouldn't call garrett a defensive guru. he gave us rob ryan. he gave us monte who then proceeded to coach us to have the worst defense in the nfl and rod was given monte's job. bill parcells came here with mike zimmer already in place as his dc. zimmer was quite good at his job. first thing bill did was tell zimmer to change to a 3-4 defense. he got rid of the smaller lb's and brought in larger bodies. he left us with 13 pro bowlers. I agree with alexander when he said garrett was a chameleon.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Calling out individuals on defense for not getting turnovers is ignoring the fact that nobody gets much of anything around here.

This is a problem that goes way beyond any one player.
It has been talked about as a core principle by Marinelli for years.

Sometimes the player has to have that knack. Charles Tillman was one of those players with Marinelli and the Bears. He perfected the techniques for stripping the ball. Unheralded CBs in his system would have good INT productivity. It is not just the player or just the coaching.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Given the upcoming contract situations, there is inevitably going to be some turnover at the cornerback position. Apparently, this fact pisses some people off.
:huh:
There absolutely has to be turnover in the future.

Byron Jones is low on the totem pole. Anthony Brown will likely be able to get starter money in FA with another strong season.

This is not a team that should even consider prioritizing the CB position with the other priorities on the roster.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need pressure consistently from the D-Line. Get some hurried throws or tipped balls. These corners have to break on the ball or take the risk by jumping a route or 2. Was kool to see that LVE didn’t have a problem grabbing some picks.