News: Rick Gosselin: Does the NFL Know What a QB Looks Like?

Qcard

Reaction score
That is 2017 Pre-Draft stuff inserted into Cooper Rush’s 2020 bCK-UP QB performance?? :lmao: :lmao:

As @MapleLeaf stated and it is clear due to Cooper Rush’s lack of physical development (Zero DAWG) not even ONE NFL team offered Rush Chance to start as a UFA. Cooper Rush is ALL brains no DAWG…that is why after 7 or 8 games his arm goes noodle.

How can Cooper Rush have any professional weight lifting regiment in the off-season and get a DEAD arm after 8 games…..Philly Wind put Cooper’s Rush’s darts in a spin cycle. Dude has high school legs after 7 years in the NFL :lmao:.

If Trey Lance comes to camp looking like a Skinny Dak….I’d cut him immediately.

rags747

Reaction score
I got nothing against Skinny Dak aka Trey. Dude is a stud around the team. Great teammate and person.

The expectations being put on him by Dak Haters and the click bait traditional media is just setting the kid up for failure.

Will we give Trey the same latitude to develop and CARRY a Jerry Jones teams to the Superbowl??
Ok so u say Lance is a stud around the team, Great teammate and person, how do you know this?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I know the Troy Aikman type of QB is no longer the type you see in the NFL....you have QBs who can run and pass, a reflection of the current popular college style offenses. Roger Staubach could have played in any era...the guy was a passer, and runner, a scrambler and a winner. Talk about a leader., that was him. Captain America.

Come to think of it, Mahomes is the closest to Staubach now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ok so u say Lance is a stud around the team, Great teammate and person, how do you know this?
We the only thing positive they can say is he is a nice guy and works hard that tells you a lot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cooper Rush’s off 0season regiment is awful….Dude stopped developing…His legs look like Freshman year. Key is continued development. Rush always had the mental capacity but physically collapsed after 7-8 games…Rush would need a 90s style running game 1500-1800 bell cow RB tandem to last a season
he doesn't have the arm strength and that's been his limiting factor. at the age of 30 he ain't developing arm strength. he just can't make all the throws effectively.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Great post!
Looking at the BP rule, I dont think many of these new qbs fit the bill. But I wonder how your metric adds up to the rest, along with Trey Lance. Also add in a modified game/start metric? But they must still have a 2-1 TD/int ratio and complete 60% of their passes.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Bo Nix 1936 passing attempts might explain why he is such a smart player who does a good job or recognizing defenses and getting the ball out quickly compared to most college QBs.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't think there is some hard-edged science behind it. It's simply just a lottery. Sometimes teams hit on a guy that has the mental/physical fortitude to make it in the NFL, but most of the times they don't. That's why it's important to keep churning the roster with QBs, even if you have a solid starter. Bill had Tom freaking Brady as his starter, yet he still kept drafting QBs, many of which he flipped for draft picks. It's a good model.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Joe Montana had a big arm?
joe montana had enough arm strength, much better than Rush, you under estimate him. compare him to Marino, he didn't. compare him to young he didn't, but montana wasn't a slouch. Rush is extremley limited.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'll admit that while I supported - and STILL SUPPORT - the Trey Lance trade based on raw talent...the lack of attempts aka "time on task" is a SIGNIFICANT hurdle in any kind of development but especially one that requires hair trigger reactions like football. It's why Drew Henson couldn't hit a curve ball and couldn't read the 2nd level of an NFL defense...you need reps.

I've read Gossellin since I was in my teens...his word is damn near gospel.