RIP Kobe Bryant ** respectful posts only! **

ShortRound

Reaction score
His daughter...was going to change the face of WNBA. They just lost their greasiest ambassador ever....any girl who plays ball knows Kobe and his academy was central in the future of girls basketball. The ramifications of this is bigger than people realize. NBA doesn’t have him now going overseas to expand the sport and all the stuff he did. This is global....heavily involved as a ambassador of our nation to China and other foreign countries. He reached a ton of kids and people’s all over world. I’m sad for all of them and his family right now...the homeless 8yr old in China with no shoes but had his Kobe Bryant playing card he treasures so much etc. I think about those things ...think about why I’m still here when I shouldn’t be.

Yeah that’s what got me yesterday. He wasn’t out drinking or didn’t od. He was taking his daughter to her sports thing like a lot of the dads on here do. doing his dad thing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I then read he claimed it was hacked.

If we are talking about Ari, that is.

He's a dark humor/shock comedian last I saw of him, so it didn't surprise me that he posted that. That being said, he gets what he deserves.
He has a video of him saying the same thing. Not hacked. And not appropriate in any way. Calling kobe a rapist and he got what he deserved? Did his 13 year old daughter deserve that? What an idiot

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what got me yesterday. He wasn’t out drinking or didn’t od. He was taking his daughter to her sports thing like a lot of the dads on here do. doing his dad thing.
well said. sometimes just being a good Dad is the most Noble thing you can do and be in life. HE WAS THAT. He done good. Forget the money and fame..it doesn't matter. Its costs nothing to be noble and good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS country has to get back to its roots. The think tank stuff , "group think" and casting stones at someone, especially after they are deceased, MUST STOP. We are much better than that. Its not up to us to judge how one conducts their life. That is up to the higher power to ultimately judge. LOVE AND JOY needs to fill hearts and minds...in sports and life in general.

John813

Reaction score
He has a video of him saying the same thing. Not hacked. And not appropriate in any way. Calling kobe a rapist and he got what he deserved? Did his 13 year old daughter deserve that? What an idiot

Ah, didn't see the video.

What an idiot.

When I said he gets what he deserves, I meant the negative backlash/loss of fans/shows* for Ari.

*If people still go to see him

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
So sad. Great man on and off the court. Unbelievable tragedy with the loss of their oldest daughter. Prayers to his wife and family. As well as the seven others whose names have not been released.
We are all flawed and he was no different...and your right, he sure turned into a GREAT FAMILY MAN. Kudos to him for evolving as a man.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ah, didn't see the video.

What an idiot.

When I said he gets what he deserves, I meant the negative backlash/loss of fans/shows* for Ari.

*If people still go to see him

people were defending him on twitter so. Who knows. I think it’s disgusting and in poor taste.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Gosh watching all these newscast vids off YouTube....I didn’t know until 4:30 CA time...was up till around 9 am then went to sleep,and woke up to a 1-800 text message telling me he died. China 9,000,000 fans on his twitter from there alone before this happened. They are crushed ....it’s aliens and the mothership with Kobe and Asia.

Rayman70

Reaction score
As most of us do he learned from trials and tribulations life brings and appeared to only be getting better.
man, your right. I sure made my share of poor decisions earlier in life, now me being 50-ish lol...I can say that and as I look back, WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKIN? LOL ...Isnt it interesting how most of us blossom into a great mother or father etc..husband or wife and how others wilt and devolve? Kobe was one of those that "got it" he understood what needed to be done and nothing was gonna stop him from being a good man. He understood that as a player and just a man.

John813

Reaction score
people were defending him on twitter so. Who knows. I think it’s disgusting and in poor taste.

Twitter is full of sane and insane people. Cesspool at times and certain areas.

It is disgusting.

You can go on reddit and see most sections mourning/being sad that 9 people lost their lives. Then you can go on r/imgoingto... and then see memes joking about his death.

Internet is a weird place to put it simply.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah...I don’t get the insults from peolle. Whatever....par for the course.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Twitter is full of sane and insane people. Cesspool at times and certain areas.

It is disgusting.

You can go on reddit and see most sections mourning/being sad that 9 people lost their lives. Then you can go on r/imgoingto... and then see memes joking about his death.

Internet is a weird place to put it simply.
Facebook is another gem lol...insanity and attention seeking folks are abundant. That's why I rarely go onto social media. I have a sister that practically lives on FB...its like she actually believes the people on there are her friends. MOST are full-blown nuts jobs, halfwits or complicitly ignorant. I have found that most people that religiously go onto these outlets are very unhappy in their own lives and miserable humans. I learned about 4 years ago to save my sanity and stay away from those things as much as I can. Life is too fleeting to worry about what others think,feel, say...in the end, it doesn't matter.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
That’s cool...a celeb read my tweet. Just wanted thank person for posting on him,nice they got it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Facebook is another gem lol...insanity and attention seeking folks are abundant. That's why I rarely go onto social media. I have a sister that practically lives on FB...its like she actually believes the people on there are her friends. MOST are full-blown nuts jobs, halfwits or complicitly ignorant. I have found that most people that religiously go onto these outlets are very unhappy in their own lives and miserable humans. I learned about 4 years ago to save my sanity and stay away from those things as much as I can. Life is too fleeting to worry about what others think,feel, say...in the end, it doesn't matter.

I tried Facebook last May out of a desire to keep up with friends from my old job I had retired from 7 months earlier. It lasted a week before I was trying to get it and all of its tentacles removed from my phone. The constant, non stop notifications from people saying the dumbest things was the most annoying thing I had ever experienced.

I'm back to the way I have always been - if I want to talk to you I'll pick up the phone and call.

shabazz

Reaction score
THIS country has to get back to its roots. The think tank stuff , "group think" and casting stones at someone, especially after they are deceased, MUST STOP. We are much better than that. Its not up to us to judge how one conducts their life. That is up to the higher power to ultimately judge. LOVE AND JOY needs to fill hearts and minds...in sports and life in general.

Excellent message. I'm no fan of basketball, as I can barely take all the ticky tack calls in the NFL so the NBA doesn't work for me. I didn't follow Kobe's career, but any sports fan should know the mark hes left on his sport. As for his personal life, all I know is his entrepreneurship and the teaching of it to the younger players is something I have heard of and admire

I'm sure there are many other contributions, but the bottom line is that this moment should be bereft of personal attacks for anybody who's not a despot or scourge to society. Mourn the person, the family and the void the left behind