RIP Kobe Bryant ** respectful posts only! **

StylisticS

Reaction score
There have been many deaths over the past 25 years. Pac, biggie, Aaliyah, Michael Jackson, Prince, Nipsey, Prodigy, Whitney Houston. None of them have made me tear up especially multiple times and leave me legit stunned as Kobe’s death today. I am still speechless and it hasn’t registered with me right now. I feel for Vanessa and her children. As well as the families of the coach that died as well. This day needs to end.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yea the very first reports said they lowered a couple guys from a chopper to the crash
Yeah...i know without knowing,and why I drive it. Very Wiley E. Coyote looking...like a video game. It’s dangerous cliffs if I crash. Very unforgiving environment. Without knowing the particulars I’d have to think that wind is a factor in the crash

J817

Reaction score
There have been many deaths over the past 25 years. Pac, biggie, Aaliyah, Michael Jackson, Prince, Nipsey, Prodigy, Whitney Houston. None of them have made me tear up especially multiple times and leave me legit stunned as Kobe’s death today. I am still speechless and it hasn’t registered with me right now.

Im 34 myself (around your age), Pac and Biggie died when I was in elementary school. Still sad but I really didn’t register the deaths I think. It wasn’t until I got older that started to appreciate their music. Kinda goes for Mobb Deep as well. Even though Prodigy died a couple of years ago. My parents listened to Jackson, Prince, and Whitney. Their deaths were a bigger impact than this imo but didn’t hit me personally like this. Now Aaliyah was my time but she really wasn’t around that long and Nipsey came out while I was in college he wasn’t around that long either (I wasn’t aware of his underground stuff). Kobe was drafted while I was in elementary school and played through my adult years. That’s why it hits me harder I think.

Edit: Now Pimp C did hit me hard. I couldn't listen to his music for a while after he died.

Last edited:

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I would usually buy his line of Nikes when I needed a pair of shoes. His ideas regarding success and failure hit home for me awhile back.

I haven’t really processed his death and probably won’t. I worked in organ donation as a cornea harvesting tech for a good part of my early 20’s so death was presented to me in a raw form that ranged from 2-85 with many causes of death.

When I read about it I didn’t think much of the actual event but rather him coming to the result of death.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Wow....did anyone see Madison Square Garden for Knick’s game? Light up whole place in royal purple and gold......greatest honor you can give from Madison Square Garden. I’m truly truly grateful and appreciative of the Knicks and their fans. Not something I’ll forget either....