Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

forever22

Reaction score
Rodgers can be very good and I'll give him their first TD drive but the defense won this game. Pinning Chicago deep and holding them to almost no 3rd down conversions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
aikemirv;3816887 said:
Terrible game by Rodgers down the stretch. They won in spite of him> Just to keep the record straight. Blown 3rd and 1's with some bad passes and the pick to Urlacher at the gaol line!

Rodgers played well early and was off later in the game but he still outplayed the QB's on the Bears side.

perrykemp

Reaction score
KJJ;3816911 said:
Rodgers played well early and was off later in the game but he still outplayed the QB's on the Bears side.

With that defense, Rogers, hard as it is to accept, doesn't even have to be great every week....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
perrykemp;3816916 said:
With that defense, Rogers, hard as it is to accept, doesn't even have to be great every week....

The Packers have a good defense but let's face it Cutler and Collins sucked and Hanie was in over his head. There were plays out there for the Bears but their QB's couldn't make them.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
aikemirv;3816887 said:
Terrible game by Rodgers down the stretch. They won in spite of him> Just to keep the record straight. Blown 3rd and 1's with some bad passes and the pick to Urlacher at the gaol line!

They fell all over themselves stroking him in the first half...

In the second half he got credit for "getting the job done" with a < 60 QB rating...

perrykemp

Reaction score
trickblue;3816942 said:
They fell all over themselves stroking him in the first half...

In the second half he got credit for "getting the job done" with a < 60 QB rating...

Rogers didn't tear it up but he played decently. The first INT was a bit fluky (off of Driver's shoe), the 2nd was awful HOWEVER Rogers tackled Urlacher and the Bears got zero points from it.

Not sure any other QB other than Vick even gets their hands on Urlacher there.

Finally, he ran for a TD and and ran for a bunch of first downs.

It wasn't beautiful but it was good enough for the win.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Rodgers > Romo

I give Rodgers the edge because I think he's the more consistent passer.

Jenky

Reaction score
This board is presented with a catch 22. If the Steelers win the Super bowl, you know what happens. If the Packers win, you will know what happens with Aaron Rodgers and company.

Get over it folks, he's a great QB.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jenky;3817666 said:
This board is presented with a catch 22. If the Steelers win the Super bowl, you know what happens. If the Packers win, you will know what happens with Aaron Rodgers and company.

Get over it folks, he's a great QB.

He is a great Qb but the point is, it takes the team to win. Rodgers did nothing in the second half and yet the D was solid and held on.

That is the issue that many don't want to admit on this board and want to put this teams failures on Romo and that is just not the case.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
aikemirv;3817704 said:
He is a great Qb but the point is, it takes the team to win. Rodgers did nothing in the second half and yet the D was solid and held on.

That is the issue that many don't want to admit on this board and want to put this teams failures on Romo and that is just not the case.

Just give up. We just have to admit seems like Rodgers is the greatest thing since slice bread. Anything less is hating on Rodgers :D

Btw, Rodgers was the only reason Packers won that game, regardless of how well their D played. To not admit that is to hate on Rodgers too. :p:

DFWJC

Reaction score
DFWJC;3809699 said:
If GB wins the Super Bowl, sorry folks, I may have to put Rodgers right next to Brees...or just slightly behind him.
It would something like this:

Manning/Brady
Brees/
Rodgers
Rivers/Roethlisberger/Romo/Vick?(not sure where to put Vick yet after 1 year back)
Ryan/E Manning/Schaub
I'll stand by this and slide the SB winner up 1/2 or 1 notch for the fun of it.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
If Romo played for a team other than The Dallas Cowboys,he would be put on a pedestal like the other QB's mentioned.

It's The Dallas syndrome with the media.:cool:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
DFWJC;3817747 said:
I'll stand by this and slide the SB winner up 1/2 or 1 notch for the fun of it.

Ok, Rothelisberger, on his way to probably win his 3rd SB. While Rodgers has not even one. Rothelisberger takes his mash unit to SB run this year, literally winning the games by himself.

Rodgers does nothing in second half against Bears. Heck making few 1st downs at the end should have made the win easy instead of coming to last drive. Yet Rothelisberger is rated lower on same level a Vick. Thats one idiotic ratings if there ever was one.

Hate the person Rothelisberger is, but to deny he is an Elite Qbs, right up there with Brady/Manning/Brees, is truly foolish. PERIOD! Others are on next level. Only Reason I put Brees up there is because he doesn't have talent level as Rothelisberger around him ( on D that is, that helps Ben).

Rodgers has everything. Great to awesome D, Best WR set in NFL, bar none, probably darn good RB, future Superstar at TE if healthy. Pretty decent OL, if not great. Rodgers/Pukers are set to dominate for next few years, barring injuries, as it looks right now.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Rodgers is great. Today he was mortal, and even then he was sufficient. He has all the stats and numbers and once he gets the ring, I have him in the elite group with Manning, Brady, and Brees.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If Big Ben wins 3, he vaults above Brady. My top QBs:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Ben
4. Brees
5. Rodgers

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3817828 said:
Rodgers is great. Today he was mortal, and even then he was sufficient. He has all the stats and numbers and once he gets the ring, I have him in the elite group with Manning, Brady, and Brees.

He's already better than Brees IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3817796 said:
Ok, Rothelisberger, on his way to probably win his 3rd SB. While Rodgers has not even one. Rothelisberger takes his mash unit to SB run this year, literally winning the games by himself.

Rodgers does nothing in second half against Bears. Heck making few 1st downs at the end should have made the win easy instead of coming to last drive. Yet Rothelisberger is rated lower on same level a Vick. Thats one idiotic ratings if there ever was one.

Hate the person Rothelisberger is, but to deny he is an Elite Qbs, right up there with Brady/Manning/Brees, is truly foolish. PERIOD! Others are on next level. Only Reason I put Brees up there is because he doesn't have talent level as Rothelisberger around him ( on D that is, that helps Ben).

Rodgers has everything. Great to awesome D, Best WR set in NFL, bar none, probably darn good RB, future Superstar at TE if healthy. Pretty decent OL, if not great. Rodgers/Pukers are set to dominate for next few years, barring injuries, as it looks right now.
I don't have a problem if you want to put Big Ben ahead of Rodgers....go for it.

It's not a huge stretch. He does have two rings and actually QB's well enough to win one of them. So, it does not remotely offend me.

Sounds like it does offend you if someone politely puts Rodgers ahead of Ben though.
Whatever, we choose our battles I guess.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kaika;3817760 said:
If Romo played for a team other than The Dallas Cowboys,he would be put on a pedestal like the other QB's mentioned.

It's The Dallas syndrome with the media.:cool:

That's BS! It's always the team Romo plays for that causes him not to succeed. :rolleyes:

If he had the poise and leadership like the other QB's mentioned in big games he'd be put on a pedestal but he can't get his team as far as those other QB's. Go back to 08 against Pittsburgh when Romo turned the ball over 3 times in a tight game.

While Roethlisberger was making plays Romo was in the middle of a meltdown.

SacredStar

Reaction score
He's a great QB that has great receivers.

There were several balls he put up against Atlanta that could have been int'ed, but his receivers saved his butt. Jennings made a great 26 yard catch that most receivers would not have made. Plus the WCO offense allows his receivers to be open constantly, so it isn't all Rodgers.

Remember, Matt Flynn was also very successful with that wr group. Their scheme, the play of their receivers, the play of their TE's, and Rodgers all form a deadly offense.

I'd bet Romo would be very successful on that team.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
DFWJC;3817874 said:
I don't have a problem if you want to put Big Ben ahead of Rodgers....go for it.

It's not a huge stretch. He does have two rings and actually QB's well enough to win one of them. So, it does not remotely offend me.

Sounds like it does offend you if someone politely puts Rodgers ahead of Ben though.
Whatever, we choose our battles I guess

Uh, no, you put Ben at the same level as Michael Vick. Vick doesn't even belong on the level of Romo or Rivers. Rivers I think personally is better than Rodgers, even as just pure passer. What Rivers did with the WRs he had, without his Superstar TE for most part and lack of true Running game, is amazing. He had more Playoffs wins than Rodgers so far. ONly thing Rodgers now will have is SB appearance and if he wins it, a Ring.

For that I Guess he probably has to be put above Rivers, but I think if Rivers has similar team as Rodgers, Rivers probably shatters all kinds of records.

Right now, Romo has to below Rodgers due to lack of enough playoff wins, whether I like it or not. At the begining of this Playoff run, I didn't think so, but now, it is clear. But it is year to year, game to game league.

Fans live too much in the moment. Everyone is the greatest or JAG. Right now, Rodgers is the most in thing to be best QB for quite a few fans. Thats the way it goes I guess.