Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

perrykemp

Reaction score
It does seem a bit silly Ryan got the nod for the pro bowl over Rogers...

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo homer. And I've always rolled my eyes at the fact that A. Rodgers was always hyped way more than Romo when they have been VERY similar a quality QB's.

I've always said Rodgers has Elite potential, same as Romo, but neither have hit that Plateau yet. I currently rate Romo as better than Rodgers. But if Rodgers makes it to the Superbowl I will give him the nod.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of them as your QB.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805972 said:
Yes they do, overall. Now they don't have a better Reciever than Dez Bryant , but their 4 deep, and every one of them can start on most other teams, at least as No. 2, except maybe Cowboys. Cowboys with Roy Williams maybe are 3 deep.

They have two good RB, or at least one good RB, probably more consistent one than Felix Jones. BEtter OL, at least slightly better OL currently, due to uncertainty for Cowboys for future. Their TE is at least on par with Witten on Recieving side of it, with Jermaichel Finley. He seems like next Superstar in making.

Probably Cowboys are at least one or two WRs from equalling Packers on O skill players. But seems like they might be two deep at RB with Starks at helm, once their Starting RB gets healthy. Where cowboys might have slight advantage is, if Phillips continues from where he left off in preseason this past season, Cowboys might be two deep at TE ( assuming, Bennett remains the same dissappointing self), which might make weapons equal.

REally big separation might be at OL, due to unknown future for Cowboys.

Finely isn't anywhere near the TE Witten is and honestly both running games are lacking. I think that the Dallas rbs can be better but haven't shown they are, so it is a push, other than that I agree with you. Their Oline is better, Bryant hasn't even played a full year, so he isn't better than any of the Green Bay Wr.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;3808925 said:
I'm a huge Romo homer. And I've always rolled my eyes at the fact that A. Rodgers was always hyped way more than Romo when they have been VERY similar a quality QB's.

I've always said Rodgers has Elite potential, same as Romo, but neither have hit that Plateau yet. I currently rate Romo as better than Rodgers. But if Rodgers makes it to the Superbowl I will give him the nod.

Rodgers has already done what Romo hasn't in the playoffs. The last time the Cowboys won two playoff games and made it to the NFC Championship a QB by the name of Aikman was in the huddle. Unless you are a blind homer, there is no way you can't say Rodgers isn't better right now, regardless if he makes it the Super Bowl.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys;3809031 said:
Finely isn't anywhere near the TE Witten is and honestly both running games are lacking. I think that the Dallas rbs can be better but haven't shown they are, so it is a push, other than that I agree with you. Their Oline is better, Bryant hasn't even played a full year, so he isn't better than any of the Green Bay Wr.

On Witten, it is time Cowboys fans quit selling him short. He is the best TE this team has ever had, without a doubt, and one of the best if not the best TE in the league.

perrykemp

Reaction score
2233boys;3809041 said:
On Witten, it is time Cowboys fans quit selling him short. He is the best TE this team has ever had, without a doubt, and one of the best if not the best TE in the league.

Witten is the man, although I wouldn't discount Finley as a potentially great TE -- he was on pace to break the NFL single season record for recieving yardage by a TE when he got hurt. Of course its was a small sampling -- just 4 games.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
perrykemp;3809056 said:
Witten is the man, although I wouldn't discount Finley as a potentially great TE -- he was on pace to break the NFL single season record for recieving yardage by a TE when he got hurt. Of course its was a small sampling -- just 4 games.

To see it is a push based on 4 games is bit much.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think JTJ wrote that artical. He gets it right sometimes, I guess.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
2233boys;3809036 said:
Rodgers has already done what Romo hasn't in the playoffs. The last time the Cowboys won two playoff games and made it to the NFC Championship a QB by the name of Aikman was in the huddle. Unless you are a blind homer, there is no way you can't say Rodgers isn't better right now, regardless if he makes it the Super Bowl.

Agreed. I love Romo. Like I said I would take Rodgers over Romo for the Cowboys just because Romo is our guy.

With that said.. Rodgers is a better QB.

He's got an amazing skill set.

Nothing against Romo either although I wish he would take some of the robotic stuff out of his game and be more instinctive like Rodgers.

Stautner

Reaction score

This isn't true. Romo was hyped way more than Rodgers was at an early stage in his career. He was so hyped that he became a celebrity before he had even accomplished anything. The hype was tremedous, and the media jumped all over his bandwagon in the blink of an eye.

The difference between Romo and Rodgers now is that Romo has been a starter since 2006, and Rodgers since 2008, so Romo has had more time to accomplish team goals, but has not done so. Rodgers, on the other hand, is the hot guy, and is accomplishing more team goals in his 3rd year as a starter than Romo has in 5 years. That's why Rodgers is the one getting the attention now.

Again, this is not meant to pin all the Cowboys problems on Romo, but merely to put things in a more realistic perspective.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You obviously are a Romo homer to still have him rated better than Rodgers. As mentioned Romo was hyped more than Rodgers early on.

Rodgers was trying to get out from under the shadow of Favre early in his career.

This is the problem with team boards like this some fans just can't get past their bias and be objective.

There's fans on this board who think Romo is God and how dare anyone say another QB is better than him.

Aaron Rodgers separated himself quit a bit from Romo last week with his 31-36 performance on the road against Atlanta.

Romo has never had a game as impressive as the one Rodgers had against Atlanta and he did it on the road in the playoffs against a 13-3 team.

In Rodgers 2 playoff games his passer rating has been 122.5 and 136.8.

He's had 6 TD's with no picks and has completed over 77% of his passes.

Most had Rodgers rated ahead of Romo prior to the playoffs and now he's pretty much left Romo in a cloud of dust.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If GB wins the Super Bowl, sorry folks, I may have to put Rodgers right next to Brees...or just slightly behind him.
It would something like this:

Manning/Brady
Brees/
Rodgers
Rivers/Roethlisberger/Romo/Vick?(not sure where to put Vick yet after 1 year back)
Ryan/E Manning/Schaub
Flacco
Cutler
Not sure were to put Cassell, Garrard, Freeman, Palmer, et al

Stautner

Reaction score
KJJ;3809679 said:
You obviously are a Romo homer to still have him rated better than Rodgers. As mentioned Romo was hyped more than Rodgers early on.

Rodgers was trying to get out from under the shadow of Favre early in his career.

This is the problem with team boards like this some fans just can't get past their bias and be objective.

There's fans on this board who think Romo is God and how dare anyone say another QB is better than him.

Aaron Rodgers separated himself quit a bit from Romo last week with his 31-36 performance on the road against Atlanta.

Romo has never had a game as impressive as the one Rodgers had against Atlanta and he did it on the road in the playoffs against a 13-3 team.

In Rodgers 2 playoff games his passer rating has been 122.5 and 136.8.

He's had 6 TD's with no picks and has completed over 77% of his passes.

Most had Rodgers rated ahead of Romo prior to the playoffs and now he's pretty much left Romo in a cloud of dust.

It's hard to make a true apples to apples comparision between Rodgers and Romo, but fans have to be realistic. Romo has never had much playoff success, and he spent half the year on the bench with an injury, while Rodgers had a tremendoeus season and is having tremendous playoff success at the moment. Why would anyone think twice about why Rodgers is rated higher or getting more media praise? The question is, why wouldn't he? He's doing things now that Cowboy fans wish were being done by our QB. That doesn't mean our QB isn't capable of doing the same, but the fact remains that the nost tangible way of judgeing someone is on what they ARE doing, not on what you think they are capable of.

Stautner

Reaction score
DFWJC;3809699 said:
If GB wins the Super Bowl, sorry folks, I may have to put Rodgers right next to Brees...or just slightly behind him.
It would something like this:

Manning/Brady
Brees/
Rodgers
Rivers/Roethlisberger/Romo/Vick?(not sure where to put Vick yet after 1 year back)
Ryan/E Manning/Schaub
Flacco
Cutler
Not sure were to put Cassell, Garrard, Freeman, Palmer, et al

This looks like a very fair assessment to me.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
If you think Romo is better than Rodgers you don't know football.

Period. There really is no argument.

I tried to make it during the 08 season but not anymore.

Aaron Rodgers is a top five quarterback in the NFL. Romo is top ten.

Mash

Reaction score
Romo just needs to put some wins together in the playoffs. He was hyped up too much early in his career and became this so called celeb dating star.

It wasnt Romo's fault for the hype and now the same mediots that hyped him will bash him till he wins something.

Rodgers didnt go thru that.....and wont.

Rodgers has quietly improved and from my eyes watching him.....has become a very good QB.

Hard to compare QB's because some are lucky to be in a real friendly QB system. Rodgers is one of the lucky ones.

But that is how the cookie crumbles in the NFL.....win Championships....you become elite......never win .....and your a Danny White.

If Romo doesnt win here......he will be a Danny White.

That being said.....just looking a pure QB skills....

the nod has to go to Rodgers....he is still young but he has certain traits that you love to have in a QB.

He can run.....next to Vick...he is the best in the league.
He is smart.....doesnt make a lot of bad decisions
He is accurate......most important trait a QB needs....
He has a above average arm.......gotta make all the NFL throws.
He seems to be a leader......even tho I hate that "Championship belt" thing he does.

Top QB's

Manning
Brady

then
Roth ( just has to be there with 2 SB's) and he makes some clutch throws.
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Romo

Didnt put Vick up there....have to see more body of work from him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stautner;3809708 said:
It's hard to make a true apples to apples comparision between Rodgers and Romo, but fans have to be realistic. Romo has never had much playoff success, and he spent half the year on the bench with an injury, while Rodgers had a tremendoeus season and is having tremendous playoff success at the moment. Why would anyone think twice about why Rodgers is rated higher or getting more media praise? The question is, why wouldn't he? He's doing things now that Cowboy fans wish were being done by our QB. That doesn't mean our QB isn't capable of doing the same, but the fact remains that the nost tangible way of judgeing someone is on what they ARE doing, not on what you think they are capable of.

Some on this board can't be realistic they're simply too bias. Is Romo capable of doing what Rodgers has done the past 2 weeks I'm not sure.

I definitely have my doubts based off Romo's history of melting down in post season especially on the road.

Our QB has been compared to the QB Rodgers replaced and that's not necessarily a good thing.

The Packers have a very good chance of winning more SB's with Rodgers than they did with Favre.

Even with as great a season as Favre had in 09 he ended up doing what he does almost every year he has his team in position to win a championship he blows it with a season ending turnover.

I would take Rodgers over a young Brett Favre any day!

Rodgers may be a more accurate, efficient QB than Troy Aikman was.

Troy never had a passer rating of over 100 for a season and Rodgers rating has been over 100 the past 2 seasons and he throws the ball a lot more than Troy use to.

Aikman's career passer rating was 81.6 and Rodgers has a career passer rating of 98.4.

Aikman's career passing percentage was 61.5 and Rodgers is 64.4.

If Rodgers continues to elevate his game the way he has it may not be long before he surpasses Brady and Manning.

Not only is Rodgers an impressive passer but next to Vick he's the best running QB in the league.

Hard to believe now that a QB like Alex Smith was drafted ahead of Rodgers but that's just the kind of crapshoot the draft is.

perrykemp

Reaction score
KJJ;3809809 said:

Ok - I may be dating myself here -- but there was a time where Favre was a god among mere mortals in pure QB play. Check out his 94, 95, 96, and 97 Stats.

TDS/Ints

1994: 33/14
1995: 38/13
1996: 39/13
1997: 35/15

He won 3 MVPs in that stretch, passed for 4000+ yards on average and quite simply, at that stage of his career, was shaping up to be the best QB in NFL history.

He wasn't throwing back-breaking interceptions regulary either.

Did I mention he was incredibly gifted at avoid the rush and shaking off defenders?

Just saying -- after Holmgren left he was never the same guy --- but for a period of time I'm not sure I ever saw better QB play.

ringmaster

Reaction score
KJJ;3809809 said:
Some on this board can't be realistic they're simply too bias. Is Romo capable of doing what Rodgers has done the past 2 weeks I'm not sure.

I definitely have my doubts based off Romo's history of melting down in post season especially on the road.

Our QB has been compared to the QB Rodgers replaced and that's not necessarily a good thing.

The Packers have a very good chance of winning more SB's with Rodgers than they did with Favre.

Even with as great a season as Favre had in 09 he ended up doing what he does almost every year he has his team in position to win a championship he blows it with a season ending turnover.

Rodgers may be a more accurate, efficient QB than Troy Aikman was.

Troy never had a passer rating of over 100 for a season and Rodgers rating has been over 100 the past 2 seasons and he throws the ball a lot more than Troy use to.

Aikman's career passer rating was 81.6 and Rodgers has a career passer rating of 98.4.

Aikman's career passing percentage was 61.5 and Rodgers is 64.4.

If Rodgers continues to elevate his game the way he has it may not be long before he surpasses Brady and Manning.

Not only is Rodgers an impressive passer but next to Vick he's the best running QB in the league.

Hard to believe now that a QB like Alex Smith was drafted ahead of Rodgers but that's just the kind of crapshoot the draft is.
Rodgers, has definitely improved as a QB, and I agree he can lead the Pack to more SBs than Farve ever did.

Aaron Rodgers, has played against the Eagles, and the Falcons defenses in these playoffs those defenses weren't exactly top notch the Bears oth has a pretty good defense and they and the Pack are division rivals so I expect this to be a good game.

Until Aaron Rodgers win a SB, he won't be on that level Aikman is and I don't care about stats right now and yes Rodgers is a better athlete than Aikman was and he is not as accurate as Aikman so trying to compare completion percentages to entirely two different QBs are a weak attempt imo.

ringmaster

Reaction score
2233boys;3809041 said:
That I can agree with.