Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Is the media calling Vick a Choker for throwing that Int like Tony did back in 2007 playoffs?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Like another poster mentioned (sorry I can't remember your name and too lazy to go back and researce it) But the Media loved Romo, every other story was about Romo.

But if you stop winning, why would they care about you or your QB? The only cure to Romo respect is to WIN. We are a below .500 team, we deserve ZERO respect, and that goes for all players and coaches on this team.

Stautner

Reaction score
wileedog;3794674 said:
He regressed badly down the stretch though when the Giants, MN and GB started throwing more exotic blitzes at him. He still really struggles to find his hot read pre-snap, even when he knows who is coming.

And he still doesn't know how to slide, or just won't. He took a beating this season and I have to think it took a toll yesterday.

He's better than he was in Atlanta because he is trying to be a QB first now, but if I'm Philly I'd feel pretty leery about the long expensive deal they are about to sign him to.

I don't know that he regressed badly. The team regressed for sure.

In December Vick was 84 for 137 (61.3%), averaged 269 ypg, and 2 TD's per game. Not exactly a fold. Surely no one expected his 7 straight no intereception games to continue indefinitely.

DFWJC;3794679 said:
True+.

The guy had a 100+ passer rating and only 6 ints all year while making a ton of big plays. He has an absolute cannon of an arm and throws a nice ball overall.
He's come a long way from his Atlanta days as far as overall QB skills.

No question.

Gemini Dolly;3794682 said:
Is the media calling Vick a Choker for throwing that Int like Tony did back in 2007 playoffs?

So, it's the job of the media to call every playoff interception a choke and if they don't then ther is a conspiracy against Romo?

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
perrykemp;3794588 said:
That ultimately the issue if you are taking a non-biased approach to comparing Romo and Rogers -- there isn't anything you can really point to in the stats where Romo is clearly better than Rogers.

I've never been a big time stat person cause they're so misleading. For example: For most of this season, the Chargers were #1 in offense and Defense. Do you really believe that? Also, last season (I believe it was last season) the Cowboys was top 3 in Offense? I usually go by the "eye test", and my eyes tell me Rodgers is better QB right now.

But if you need some facts:

In the first 7 weeks The Cowboys were 1-6 (with all important offensive players in place), and the Packers were 4-3 and lost RB Ryan Grant (week 1) and Jemichael Finley (week 6) two important pieces in thier offense, and they still manage to get in the playoffs and win a playoff game.

If think Romo could make it without Witten, your Kidding yourself.

Packers played the Jets in week 8 (a very good Defensive team) and found a way to win (9-0) and not make the crucial mistake.

So yeah...this season, Rodgers is the better QB.

Stautner

Reaction score
Clove;3794698 said:
Like another poster mentioned (sorry I can't remember your name and too lazy to go back and researce it) But the Media loved Romo, every other story was about Romo.

But if you stop winning, why would they care about you or your QB? The only cure to Romo respect is to WIN. We are a below .500 team, we deserve ZERO respect, and that goes for all players and coaches on this team.

That was me that said it. Here was the specific comment:

Many tend to forget how the media embraced Romo at first, and only soured on him over time as the starlets started popping up and as the team never got over the hump to being a true title contender. The media originally loved the gunslinging free agent that rose to be the QB of "Americas Team". It was a great story, but eventually the media needs something more to fuel the story than every year just missing the playoffs of just making the playoffs and losing quickly. The media is always quick to move to the next story they can latch onto.

The media made Romo an instant celebrity after just playing a few games. I think that is part of what we are seeing now - Romo was hoisted onto a pedestal much quicker than Rodgers, and the pedestal was much higher than Rodgers, so it would have taken a ton of success to keep him on that kind of pedestal. It's natural that in the absence of notable team success that someone like that would tumble to a degree.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
wileedog;3794609 said:
Ditto.

Only guy that gets too much love in the press over Romo that really ticks me off is Eli. His defense wins him a SB and his last name ensures that he gets all of the credit.

Meanwhile he throws 25 picks this season and no one says boo.

That's the power of the ring. :laugh2:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
MWILL;3794719 said:

If you check out the Giants forum, many don't want eli. There was a whole thread about bringing in Kitna over Eli.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MWILL;3794719 said:
Really. 25 picks is a HUGE number and worst amoung all QBs...and nothing much was made of it. Eli also had an 85 QB rating, which is pretty sad too given his press.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
DFWJC;3794725 said:
Really. 25 picks is a HUGE number and worst amoung all QBs...and nothing much was made of it. Eli also had an 85 QB rating, which is pretty sad too given his press.

ESPN seems to love Eli. I've even heard a lot of negative commentary about the sub-par season Brees has had but Eli on EPSN hasn't really taken any flack at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stautner;3794703 said:
I don't know that he regressed badly. The team regressed for sure.

In December Vick was 84 for 137 (61.3%), averaged 269 ypg, and 2 TD's per game. Not exactly a fold. Surely no one expected his 7 straight no intereception games to continue indefinitely.

No question.

So, it's the job of the media to call every playoff interception a choke and if they don't then ther is a conspiracy against Romo?

Thing is it was 1st down when Vick threw the ill advised pass. Given the coverage he could have thrown it away instead he tried to force the ball into Riley. It is not always the fact you threw the int but the situation your in when you throw the int.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3794721 said:
If you check out the Giants forum, many don't want eli. There was a whole thread about bringing in Kitna over Eli.

Wow! Kitna?

I have to admit that Eli was never good in my eyes. He was always a "meh" QB. I figure they would cry for Vince Young instead.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Thats true, Tony once used to be the "It" boy, but they have moved on to Aaron Rodgers. Hes the hot, young QB with the celeb GF and they will ride him until the winning stops.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
DFWJC;3794725 said:

What you said is true, it's just that when you get a ring all the bad stuff you do mysteriously dissappears. It's like magic. :D

Stautner

Reaction score
MWILL;3794719 said:

And of being Peyton's brother.

SDCowboy85;3794721 said:

My guess is there is more fan grumbling about the local QB around the NFL than most posters here realize. We are hypersensative about our players because we focus on our players and we specifically read and listen to more media reports about our players. Clearly Dallas gets more attention nationally than most teams, but I'm certain that other teams and players around the NFL aren't as immune to it as our fans seem to think.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3794749 said:
Thats true, Tony once used to be the "It" boy, but they have moved on to Aaron Rodgers. Hes the hot, young QB with the celeb GF and they will ride him until the winning stops.

That's the nature of the business. Aaron Rodgers is dating a celeb? who?

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Stautner;3794753 said:
And of being Peyton's brother.

My guess is there is more fan grumbling about the local QB around the NFL than most posters here realize. We are hypersensative about our players because we focus on our players and we specifically read and listen to more media reports about our players. Clearly Dallas gets more attention nationally than most teams, but I'm certain that other teams and players around the NFL aren't as immune to it as our fans seem to think.

That too. :D

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Stautner;3794373 said:
QB's get more positive attention when they win, and more negative attention when they don't. That's not a Cowboy thing, that's a media thing.

Many tend to forget how the media embraced Romo at first, and only soured on him over time as the starlets started popping up and as the team never got over the hump to being a true title contender. The media originally loved the gunslinging free agent that rose to be the QB of "Americas Team". It was a great story, but eventually the media needs something more to fuel the story than every year just missing the playoffs of just making the playoffs and losing quickly. The media is always quick to move to the next story they can latch onto.

If we get over the hump and become a true contender and make a strong playoff run, Romo will be back in their good graces.

Good point.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
MWILL;3794764 said:
That's the nature of the business. Aaron Rodgers is dating a celeb? who?

jessica Szohr from Gossip Girls. She was at the game yesterday and Packers won so they cant even do the jinx thing.

Jessica_Szohr_3.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3794777 said:
jessica Szohr from Gossip Girls. She was at the game yesterday and Packers won so they cant even do the jinx thing.

Julie Henderson, his ex, was smokin' too.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The way people get all butt hurt when someone is complementary of another QB is amazing.

I still cannot believe people invest so much so the media will behave in "X" manner when they could ignore everything all together and just not watch ESPN, NFL Network or read the articles.