Romo and Dak are 7th and 8th best in Career Adjusted EPA 1999-2023

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly! Grammatica I think it was gave 0 effort. Romo scores if the kicker tries to block there.
Hold on....what effort did you want a kicker to give a defensive player lol? SEems like it was easier for Romo to actually not bobble the snap then for Grammatica who was a kicker who was ready to kick a football to just put in effort at stopping a defensive player.

Big D

Reaction score
I think it took Dak a little while to settle down playing in his first playoff game. We scored 13 points through the first three quarters and then 18 in the fourth. If I remember correctly, Dak was airmailing some of his passes early in a sign of his excitement. A video of one play doesn't tell the whole story of a game, and I'm certainly not accusing Dak of being the reason we lost. I just believe a QB at the peak of his career might have done a few things differently than a quarterback at the start of his that would have made a difference in a tight game. I doubt Romo's health would have held up, though, because it didn't take as much to break him at that point.
IMO it's a wash between the two offensively, even though the previous year Romo's offense only managed 21pts vs GB in the playoff loss. Our defense, for some reason, gets passes in all of our recent playoff losses. I'd argue that the majority of those losses are on them. We tend to show up to defensive battles without one.

Big D

Reaction score
Hold on....what effort did you want a kicker to give a defensive player lol? SEems like it was easier for Romo to actually not bobble the snap then for Grammatica who was a kicker who was ready to kick a football to just put in effort at stopping a defensive player.
All he had to do was fall down in front of the guy! :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All he had to do was fall down in front of the guy! :laugh:
With all due respect man......all Romo had to do was hold the snap lol. We're asking Gramatica to do something he had never did lol. Though I wish he would've lol. Probably changes the whole trajectory of the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There'd be only 2 more positions and Emmitt should have them both.
Yeah you're right I guess I wanted it to be 5 lol......I assumed he was talking about the QB rushmore....if he's talking about players hell there's a long list of guys that should be up there.

Big D

Reaction score
With all due respect man......all Romo had to do was hold the snap lol. We're asking Gramatica to do something he had never did lol. Though I wish he would've lol. Probably changes the whole trajectory of the Cowboys.
:laugh: True story. And like it was stated earlier, we got lucky with both Romo and Dak. Unfortunately, I don't think lightning strikes a third time with this administration.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:laugh: True story. And like it was stated earlier, we got lucky with both Romo and Dak. Unfortunately, I don't think lightning strikes a third time with this administration.
I don't think they think that either which is why they traded for Lance and pray he gets close to his potential.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I don't even know what EPA stands for beyond the Govt. Agency.

Extra Points Attempted???

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had a better team in 2007 than Dak ever had and went one and done. The fans that think Romo never had real good teams are being ridiculous. He had two terrific teams in 07 and 2014 and neither team won a divisional round game.
So tell us how Tony contributed as much to the "one and done" as Dak did.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Nope, it's not a factoid, it is a hypothetical, and a bad one because Romo blew it with a 13-3 one seed with a record number of pro bowlers on it.

If Romo wasn't a phony QB he would have made it beyond one and done with a 13-3 one seed.
Dak also blew it with a 13-3 one seed with a 1600 yd rusher and a top-5 defense

Dude is the first ever QB to lose to a 7-seed

diamonddelts

Reaction score
How so? You mean dropped passes? Fumbles at the goal line? Choked how? I certainly dont recall 2 ints for 14 easy points in the 1st half against 7 seed at home.
Philadelphia play to get in game.
Broncos game.
Seahawks playoff game.
Minnesota playoff game.

Many, many other choke sessions.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Swear Drew Brees is the most overlooked QB.

All the shine goes to Brady, Rogers, Manning...while Brees was out there putting up numbers and could use his feet.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philadelphia play to get in game.
Broncos game.
Seahawks playoff game.
Minnesota playoff game.

Many, many other choke sessions.
Thiz is bs. You talking about the broncos game against manning? He went toe to toe with one of the best qbs in the nfl....and had better stats. Defense couldnt get a stop. Time after time gk back out and score. Final desperate play ended the game.

Maybe a bit of defense would help. I actually find it hard to believe someone got the nerve to call that a choke. Hate is a terrible thing to waste right?

Now daks gb game, at home, against 7 seed....is a choke job right out the gate.

Murray fumbles an easy 7. Dez fumbles an easy 7. Crayton drops an easy 6.
But its romo that choked? Come on.
Im not saying romo always played perfect...but just come on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure, but I do think we would have stood a better chance with him in 2016 if we'd reinserted him in the lineup (depending if his health had held up). That's not a knock against Dak. Just saying that a veteran whose last full season (2014) was his best (and one of the top ones in the league) would have given us a better chance than a rookie who was still learning.
I don’t believe we would have had a better chance had we re-inserted him later in the season because Dak and the team was playing so well. We were in the middle of an 11 game winning streak which ended up being a franchise record. We beat Green Bay and Pittsburgh on the road. That team had become Dak’s team and he was a hot hand. Romo would have likely been rusty had we put him back in the lineup later and it would’ve disrupted the flow we had going. Dak played a real good game against Green Bay in the playoffs but once again like in 2014 our defense couldn’t stop Aaron Rodgers with the game on the line.

Had we put Romo back into the lineup during that season and we ended up going one and done again the fan base would’ve been livid that we didn’t stay with Dak. There would’ve been a lot of regret of what could’ve been had we stayed with him. Our defense cost us the game in the playoffs and it wouldn’t have been any different regardless who our QB was.