Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Holy crap that was amazing. What a truly class act guy and the ultimate team player.

He'll be starting somewhere next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are some good people that want Romo in but there's some that are just lost they were just arguing with me that Romo is better than Brady. They have zero perspective or sense. It's probably cause they were 5 years old when Romo got his first start now they're 15 and it's all they know.

Anyone who would say Romo is better than Brady has a circus going on inside their head. I've heard Romo FANS say if he was in NE all these years he would have more SB wins than Brady. lol

khiladi

Reaction score
That's easy to say but it was mostly the defense that caused us to go 8-8 those years.

No, it's because our OC was awful. Our defense isn't even that great this year, but just like in 2014 when you control the clock and score regularly, the opposing offense presses to keep up and they make mistakes.. TOs this year and two years were Way higher from last year, despite us trying to protect the ball and control TOP..

we were a team that consistently was running three and outs during those 8-8 eras and lowest in the league in play action, meaning we never even kept teams honest.. we were predictable.. we aren't now.. we had those records primarily because Romo kept bailing us out in hurry up..

waldoputty

Reaction score
I can't stand how Jerry has ran our franchise but I root for his success which means the Cowboys success which makes me indirectly a fan of Jerry too.

If your a Romo hater all of these years then you haven't been ultimately rooting for the Cowboys.

good grief, some of us are not romo lover and not romo hater.
we exist.

but any cowboys fan should appreciate the class romo showed today.
team first, self second.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, it's because our OC was awful. Our defense isn't even that great this year, but just like in 2014 when you control the clock and score regularly, the opposing offense presses to keep up and they fold.. we were a team that consistently was running three and outs and lowest in the league in play action, meaning we never even kept teams honest.. we were predictable.. we aren't now..

It's the running game we had in 2014 and now that's made the difference in our offense but our defense has been the main issue. It's what got us beat in Green Bay in the playoffs in 2014 and it will likely get us beat in the playoffs this year. We don't have a consistent pass rush.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Risen Star likes to ruffle feathers...lol
That's our Risen....

tumblr_m4czsl2c0J1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This is a mistake if he will publicly speak (and be questioned) about the team's quarterback position. Any definitive statements should be made by those in authority, either Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones. An employee, even the quarterback of the team, should not be speaking on the matter until after statements are completely and clearly given by management. Otherwise, shame on Garrett and Jones for not manning up.
Maybe JJ/JG know we respect Romo 100 times more than them anyday; horse's mouth settles it quite firmly?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He just can't win with you, I guess?
Come on DD, cut the man a break.
I didnt say anything negative.
It was a little odd. He looked like he was giving up, and we have half a season left.
So I wonder what the jones boys told tony .
I do think maybe he doesnt want to be on sideline as a bkup, but that is where we need him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm very excited about Dak and our future is very bright but I still believe if healthy Romo provides us a greater opportunity in playoffs especially teams like Seattle and a New England if we made it that far.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's the running game we had in 2014 and now that's made the difference in our offense but our defense has been the main issue. It's what got us beat in Green Bay in the playoffs in 2014.

Of course, that's part of if built by Callahan and the introduction of the zone blocking scheme.. Garrett also always went away from the run as OC, besides the fact his offense was built on big lineman and man blocking..

I also don't think our defense 'folded' two years ago. Of course you dispute catch, which I won't discuss, but the game dealing play on that drive was a batted pass that luckily found its way to a GB WR if I remember correctly.

2014 was the first year with Linehan as play caller.. this is basically year 2 in total control. He clearly didn't have that control last year, otherwise Moore would have started and they wouldn't have made the move for Cassell..

Jerry even hinted that coaching was at fault for not winning some games..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have to imagine that, with all he has given to the cause, taking questions would not have been easy. It had to be hard enough to do what he just did. Pure class.
thats true, but he could have said I wont answer any questions about this or that.
Just answer a few then go. it looks better.

but i know they would ask some dumb questions.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
good grief, some of us are not romo lover and not romo hater.
we exist.

but any cowboys fan should appreciate the class romo showed today.
team first, self second.

There's always one in a Romo tribute thread...

Even, perhaps, one of his last. Smdh, Waldo. And spare the reply.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm very excited about Dak and our future is very bright but I still believe if healthy Romo provides us a greater opportunity in playoffs especially teams like Seattle and a New England if we made it that far.
I just don't understand why you think he can survive facing a Seattle defense? They knocked him out in the pre-season. Philly's defense knocked him out last season. A good defense isn't good for Tony. I might be able to understand NE but by then it will be the SB.