Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Romo is a much better QB today if he's healthy. Period. End of story.

That's not to say I'd make a change either right now. You can't. But Romo is playing chess while Dak is still playing checkers. He'll learn to see it like Romo eventually, but not yet.

Wager on a CZ donation that if the team stays healthy, Dak will have a good game and help run over our first playoff opponent?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It was a weird thing. It was a good thing to do for the team, but there was a lot of defiance there too. I think a lot of Romo haters prayed for an on the spot acceptance of life as a backup or even more foolishly, a retirement. None of that was there.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
So does anyone else think this speech also singled the end of him in Dallas after this season? At least as a player?

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Mistake. Big mistake. I may be wrong, but I'm not. There goes any chance of beating a team like NE. Or Seattle for that matter.

I'm all team team team first, but something just stinks about this. It stinks like 1 and done. again.

Did Romo retire? Oh wait he didn't. You can bet if Dak struggles against either of those teams Romo is going in.

Lodeus

Reaction score
I'll be sad if this is the beginning of the end for Tony in Dallas.

^I typed that and forgot to hit post.

:(

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Because this should've been done in a team meeting. Not in front of national media. It's his final "Hey look at me moment". Tell me this, have you EVER in the history of sports seen anything like this take place? An earlier poster stated it best, he's in his celebrity QB form...
Please tell me you aren't being serious right now with this garbage.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
So does anyone else think this speech also singled the end of him in Dallas after this season? At least as a player?

Yup. I think that's part of why it was so hard for him. This is it. Unless Dak completely implodes or gets hurt, Romo will never be on the field again for meaningful action with this team.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
If Romo
Mistake. Big mistake. I may be wrong, but I'm not. There goes any chance of beating a team like NE. Or Seattle for that matter.

I'm all team team team first, but something just stinks about this. It stinks like 1 and done. again.

Quit the conspiracy BS.

erod

Reaction score
Wager on a CZ donation that if the team stays healthy, Dak will have a good game and help run over our first playoff opponent?

Oh, he can hand it to Zeke and win the first one. He can't beat Seattle and New England though.

If he lights up Philly and New York, I'll reconsider. But I've watched him struggle too much to think he can win it all his rookie season. He's just got a tremendous supporting cast.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Hurts to watch.

Everyone likes to play GM every now and then; trade scenarios and what not.

But I could not tell that man he's going to suit up as a back-up. Even if it's the right decision. No way in hell.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I think what your sensing is an awful PR decision that shouldn't effect anything on the field.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There goes the season. I hate it for Romo and this team. Dak has done amazing so far but it's about to get real. Romo is the far superior QB at this point and gives this team the best chance to win. But it's time to put that to rest and get fully on this Dak train and see where the ride takes us. Go Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.