Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Yup. I think that's part of why it was so hard for him. This is it. Unless Dak completely implodes or gets hurt, Romo will never be on the field again for meaningful action with this team.
Agreed. While I obviously am in favor of the Dak era being now, I hope Tony goes to Denver where he can win a SB.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Cardinals make the most sense for Romo. Everything they accomplished with Palmer, Romo could do easily...and much more. Good defense, good RB, and are guaranteed to play 10 games a season at the minimum indoors (in Glendale) or in good weather (LA/SF).

silver

Reaction score
Yup. I think that's part of why it was so hard for him. This is it. Unless Dak completely implodes or gets hurt, Romo will never be on the field again for meaningful action with this team.
Yep. Which is why this is sad for him and many of us. Bittersweet, since we have the best record in the league. Also sad since there are so many haters who needed to be shut up and now won't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If romo goes to the Broncos or jets next year. They're going to superbowl......and that could be against us
What a show that'd be. Epic drama.
Kind of doubt the Jets would get there though.
There are rumors Palmer may be done. The Cards would make sense.

Sorry though. I'm a Cowboy fan first.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
You just put the nail in the coffin for this year's run. The only Super Bowl chance you have is Tony Romo.

Now, this is a stepping stone year until Dak's ready to win it all. He can't outplay this awful defense like Romo can.

You think he can even stay healthy enough to get us to a super bowl? Common sense says, No.

Guy can't take a hit like he use to. That's expected with age. Get over it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So does anyone else think this speech also singled the end of him in Dallas after this season? At least as a player?

Dont rule out Romo from coming in in the playoffs if there is a disaster, or if Dak gets hurt (knock on wood)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This was classic DAL......JJones running off a the mouth about Romo being a great OC some day,,,blah blah blah

What should have happened was that JGarrett should've had a press conference to announce Dak is the starting QB for the foreseeable future even now that Tony is healthy....it is one of those good problems and Tony is fine with it......Tony could then read a brief statement but not that OJ letter he just read

Way too awkward

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was a weird thing. It was a good thing to do for the team, but there was a lot of defiance there too. I think a lot of Romo haters prayed for an on the spot acceptance of life as a backup or even more foolishly, a retirement. None of that was there.

You're damn right there was!!!

Regardless of what he said you can hear it in his voice! He is way more upset than I believed he was.

agk136

Reaction score
What I got out of it is he handed the keys over to Dak but left his options open for next year. He stated the burning inside is stronger than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.