Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Well put. +1.

Tony is gonna go down as one of my all-time favorite Cowboys and I've been a fan since I was a 6 year old in 1982.

The guy got so much undeserved blame when he was in fact our only bright spot and great player for many years. And he always handled all the unfair ridicule with class. I wanted so badly for him to win a Super Bowl, more than I've ever wanted one for myself as a fan. He deserved it.

I know he won't make the Hall of Fame because of the lack of a Super Bowl, but I hope with everything that Jerry/Stephen put him in the Ring of Honor. He deserves it.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The problem is, Dak can't win a Super Bowl with this team. He's not ready for Seattle or New England. Romo might be able to pull that off.
People been saying Dak can't beat GB at Lambeau, Steelers in Pittsburgh.....he's been proving everyone wrong....wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off a SB too.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yep, Dak is the future here, but he's the nail in the coffin come playoff time. He's not ready.
Yeah, I don't think he's ready either. Dak's played great, but Tony is still better. Relying on a rookie is asking too much come playoff time.

Tony has never had a RB like Zeke and he's only had an offensive line like this one for one year, and they just weren't as good as they are now.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Romo is a much better QB today if he's healthy. Period. End of story.

That's not to say I'd make a change either right now. You can't. But Romo is playing chess while Dak is still playing checkers. He'll learn to see it like Romo eventually, but not yet.

8-1, better record than both Seattle and New England. Scoreboard.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Yep, Dak is the future here, but he's the nail in the coffin come playoff time. He's not ready.

You have no idea what this kid is ready for, unless you got a crystal ball in your closet nobody knows about. This team is built for the playoffs just like they are built to be the best team in the league, I would love to see Seattle or New Engalnd in the post season. This team is built for both of them.

silver

Reaction score
Well Tony is a special guy. Everyone across the nation should be rooting for him now. You can tell how much he's struggling with this. But it obviously doesn't change anything. What a badass though. Wow.
He's a great teammate. Dak too, for that matter. Neither guy is toxic. This is a win win situation. We're winning with Dak but still have Romo in our back pocket should something unexpected happen. Not many teams can say that.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
If romo goes to the Broncos or jets next year. They're going to superbowl......and that could be against us

NumOneQB

Reaction score
How can you take this as anything other than Tony handing Dak the keys and wanting to help him?

Because this should've been done in a team meeting. Not in front of national media. It's his final "Hey look at me moment". Tell me this, have you EVER in the history of sports seen anything like this take place? An earlier poster stated it best, he's in his celebrity QB form...

erod

Reaction score
People been saying Dak can't beat GB at Lambeau, Steelers in Pittsburgh.....he's been proving everyone wrong....wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off a SB too.

Tennessee was up on Green Bay, 28-0. Philly beat Pittsburgh, 35-3, and they've lost five in a row.

Seasons change. These next games against New York and Philly will show us plenty though.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's the right decision. If Romo thinks he can still play then 2017 is the time, whether it's competing with Dak here or elsewhere. Taking over for this team in the stretch run without having had any game action in a year is just setting yourself up for disaster.

superjoe

#1 Risher
Reaction score
Wow. Tony Romo is going to immediately up the validity of whatever team signs him next year. His class more than anything is why he is a generational player and teammate. True class, not like the fake facade of class some Qbs that have recently retired as champions would make you think they have.

Amazing to the end, Tony.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo is a much better QB today if he's healthy. Period. End of story.

That's not to say I'd make a change either right now. You can't. But Romo is playing chess while Dak is still playing checkers. He'll learn to see it like Romo eventually, but not yet.
They're just caught up in the hoopla. They'll all ride the wave until it subsides .

It doesn't matter that the better QB is on the bench which even Jerry knows but you must go with it "hot hand" for now.

dfense

Reaction score
Mistake. Big mistake. I may be wrong, but I'm not. There goes any chance of beating a team like NE. Or Seattle for that matter.

I'm all team team team first, but something just stinks about this. It stinks like 1 and done. again.

WeaponX

Reaction score
It's been stated plenty; but really it can't be overstated how committed he is to the Dallas Cowboys overall success

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Interesting. I think Tony had been promised the job back and there was a point in time where he knew the hard conversation was coming. He took the burden off of Dak and the team, but I do believe he's decided he will play football again as a starting QB in the NFL. It just may not be as a Dallas Cowboy.

Interestingly, I've been both the younger, better guy and the guy being promised a job before. In both of those cases the status quo was maintained because people just are NOT comfortable with risking anything for something different (even when the new thing is potentially better).

Even though I continue to be a huge Romo fan, as the guy who has been the "better, younger version" that was denied by the Powers That Be I am so glad to see the young guy getting the chance to make the organization better.

Status
Not open for further replies.