Romo to speak to the media today at 4:15 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Which teams were those? The 06 team was the only team that looked like it had no business being there. The 07 team was the #1 seed and was 13-3. That team beat the eventual SB champs twice that season. He had an 11-5 team that went to the playoffs and a 12-4 team that went so don't post this crap that he took teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.

Every single team except for the 2014. Tony Romo, TO, and Demarcus Ware were the only players on those teams even in the top ten players at their position. 2014 you see what he can do with a decent supporting cast. And 2015 you see how much flaw that supporting cast STILL has.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
This is a simply an invalid comparison. Green Bay isn't the team it once was and the Steelers still had Dick Lebeau, one of the greatest defensive coordinators of the game.

Would the same be said about Romo if he beat these teams, in order to discredit him?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well put. +1.

Tony is gonna go down as one of my all-time favorite Cowboys and I've been a fan since I was a 6 year old in 1982.

The guy got so much undeserved blame when he was in fact our only bright spot and great player for many years. And he always handled all the unfair ridicule with class. I wanted so badly for him to win a Super Bowl, more than I've ever wanted one for myself as a fan. He deserved it.

I know he won't make the Hall of Fame because of the lack of a Super Bowl, but I hope with everything that Jerry/Stephen put him in the Ring of Honor. He deserves it.
If Dak wins it this season, Romo gets a ring anyways. So maybe that could be the bittersweet ending.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which teams were those? The 06 team was the only team that looked like it had no business being there. The 07 team was the #1 seed and was 13-3. That team beat the eventual SB champs twice that season. He had an 11-5 team that went to the playoffs and a 12-4 team that went so don't post this crap that he took teams to the playoffs that had no business being there.
You have anger issues, I'm surprised you didnt use all CAPS this time. Have a drink and relax, people just stating their opinions without getting bent out of shape.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If anyone had any questions about Tony's character, had them put away with that statement. Mad respect for what was a heartfelt and difficult statement to give.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Nothing lasts forever, so whether it was tomorrow or 5 years from now, it was always going to end. I just never thought it would end this way. I definitely feel bad for the guy as he always put the Cowboys first. Will be one of my favorite players for years to come.

lukin2006

Reaction score
And let's not forget that Dak has already won in arguably 2 of the tougher stadiums in football, GB and Pittsburgh, and went toe to toe with big ben in a shootout and he came out on top...

Deep_South

Reaction score
Tony said Dak has earned the starting job, which is true. Up to now, though, his competition has been Mark Sanchez. Once Tony is in uniform and active, Dak will have some serious competition for the first time. Tony told us his competitive fires are still burning as brightly as ever. He wanted us to know he's still in the competition, and knowing Tony, he has every intention of winning.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If you haven't heard his beautiful press conference. It's about to be played on NFLN. Watch it, it's Dallas Cowboys history. It's Tony Romo raw.
I don't know if its beautiful. That was a tough watch for a Cowboys fan.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
By the time the Cowboys finally have a team to put around Romo to win it all, his body broke down from all those years getting crushed on bad teams he made relevant by himself.

Tony Romo is a warrior. I hope all Cowboys fans realize what he's sacrificed, physically and mentally, for this franchise. In my mind, he's a champion.

khiladi

Reaction score
If teams win Super Bowls not players why are you mad Dak is QBing over Romo. You make it seem like it doesn't matter who the QB is because teams win Super Bowls. QB is the leader of the team it's the most vital position in all of sports stop making excuses for Romo he put up nice stats yes but he's responsible for 2 playoff wins and 2 week 17 losses that would have gotten us in the playoffs. Tom Brady is the greatest of all time other than possibly Joe Montana no one other than a biased Romo fan would put the two on the same level. I say this as a New England hater I can't stand them but I just call it like it is.

Give it a rest... Garrett was OC for 6 years on this hot mess he created and Romo didn't sniff game planning until 2013 when he got the new contract..

The rise in the offense has been correlated with Garrett being removed from it..

If you blame anyone, blame Garrett.. Romo was one robbed play away from the NFC Conf championship when he had Linehan one season..

Proof

Reaction score
lol i think it is the definition of the word fan.

i am a fan of the team.
tony frustrated me greatly with mistakes, so i have not been a fan.
though this press conference made me like him because it was all class.

i was definitely not a fan of hardy and definitely not a fan of gregory.
i am not a fan of TWill because of all his idiocy.

Agreed. I'm a fan of this board but not yours, I get it.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Give it a rest... Garrett was OC for 6 years on this hot mess he created and Romo didn't sniff game planning until 2013 when he got the new contract..

The rise in the offense has been correlated with Garrett being removed from it..

If you blame anyone, blame Garrett.. Romo was one robbed play away from the NFC Conf championship when he had Linehan one season..

More excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.