Romo worshipers, don't bust an artery, but what if the Cowboys are 9-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, I'm about to commit blasphemy.....

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Weeden's rise has been the story of this season....

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Suppose Weeden continues to excel?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing for you Romo worshipers.

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

Let the paranoid condemnation begin.....

Weeden performing like an All-Pro would be a fantastic problem to have when Romo returns. It would give Dallas the luxury of resting Romo until he is 100 percent ready to go. But when Romo is 100 percent ready to go, he would resume his position as the starter, no matter how well Weeden is playing.

There are at least a couple reasons for that:

1) Romo is a great QB. Whatever success Dallas has with Weeden, the Cowboys are going to feel they could have had even more success with Romo.

2) Romo is on a long-term deal. Weeden is in the last year of a two-year deal, which means if he plays great, he's going to get a fantastic contract offer, while Dallas needs to start Romo at least through 2016 before his dead money becomes less than his cap hit.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Would Weeden be awesome statistically? Would he be the reason the Cowboys are 9-1/10-0 or would it be the defense?

If the defense is the reason, start Romo. If it's because Weeden was lightning in a bottle then go Weeden.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
You'll notice I put "offended" in quotation marks, which means the word has more of a dubious meaning than its technical definition.

Second, I don't think it's a stupid question, and it's not out of the ordinary compared to other hypothetical presentations made in this forum.

it's agenda ridden by the mere headline.

ergo, stupid.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I doubt that we would go 9-1 with Weeden. Just don't see that happening. Weeden can't do the same things for this team that Romo does. But I hope that he can play well enough to get us some wins until Romo comes back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, I'm about to commit blasphemy.....

Just imagine that the Cowboys are 9-1, perhaps even 10-0, by the time Tony Romo can get back on the field. Brandon Weeden is the top rated QB in the league, the Cowboys have the #1 offense and they are on a roll, an inevitable collision course with Super Bowl 5X.

Their next game is Thanksgiving against the Carolina Panthers, 8-2, and the 2nd best record in the NFC behind the Cowboys. Homefield advantage for the playoffs could very well depend on the outcome of this game.

Weeden's rise has been the story of this season....

Do you sit him and start Tony Romo, fresh from an injury, his ability to perform at his typical level in question?

Suppose Weeden continues to excel?

Notice, I never said that Tony Romo would perform poorly, I never said that he wouldn't perform like an All Pro future Hall o Famer. I'm just suggesting that his abilities would be unknown due to the effects of the injury, still not completely healed, he could perhaps be a tad rusty.

If Weeden leads the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, heck, just mentioning the possibility.....

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing for you Romo worshipers.

And am I officially a hater for daring to dream that Weeden might actually perform at a very high level with this offense?

Let the paranoid condemnation begin.....

I would love nothing more than to be 9-1 or 8-2 when Romo is back and ready to go. Miami perfect season dealt with the same thing as Earl Morrall took over for Griese and won the remainder of games. Bob Griese’s ankle was broken in Week 5 however Shula put Griese back into the starters job and they capped off the season undefeated SB champs

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'd make weeden pass 100x the next game, break the single game passing record then trade him to Chip Kelly for two first round draft picks

conner01

Reaction score
What if you win the lottery, are you still going to work tomorrow
I think Weeden will do better than some expect but he is not going to win 8 straight with the schedule we have

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it interesting that so many posters seem "offended" by the question/scenario.

However, the thread starter didn't help his cause with the phrase "Romo Worshipers". :laugh:

No one is offended at least none that I could see. But calling folks Romo Worshipers is stupid, which should lead to stupid responses.

And the reality for me is nobody believes in Weeden like they believe in Romo. You don't have to be in love with Romo to think that Weeden won't be able to hold down the fort till Romo is healthy.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
My wife says Romo is the problem and we will never win with him.We will see.I think Weeden will surprise.He was a first rounder for a reason.He is in a contract year I think Jerry ought to consider an extension.If he plays well he will be gone next year.He might be a starter elsewhere depending on how he does.Anybody in a contract year is trying their hardest so you might well be right.

I do think Romo looked old man last week even before he got hurt.I thought I heard he had to take pain killer before the game can somebody confirm that.

pansophy

Reaction score
I think Romo is completely under appreciated and a thread like this just proves that point. But if Weeden played fantastic then we can wait until Romo is 100%.

If you want to argue that Weeden at 100% is suddenly better than Romo at 100% then you trade Weeden and keep Cassel as a backup. We won't be able to sign Weeden to a big money deal if he is playing like a top 3 QB so get a #1 pick for him before there is no value left.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
My wife says Romo is the problem and we will never win with him.We will see.I think Weeden will surprise.He was a first rounder for a reason.He is in a contract year I think Jerry ought to consider an extension.If he plays well he will be gone next year.He might be a starter elsewhere depending on how he does.Anybody in a contract year is trying their hardest so you might well be right.

I do think Romo looked old man last week even before he got hurt.I thought I heard he had to take pain killer before the game can somebody confirm that.

yes.

you think romo looked old last week.

anything else?

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Hay guys! What if JJ Wilcox returns 5 ints for touchdowns every week? You Cowboys offense lovers still want them in the game?

/That's how stupid this thread is.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If this somehow happens then Weeden for president! Roll with the hot hand

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I've been reading these forums for a long time, and I've seen some really stupid ****... but this may very well take the cake.

chris1995

Reaction score
What if Brice Butler averages 7 touchdowns, 24 catches and 305 yards per game while Dez is out? Should he continue being the #1 option? Okay, sure, yeah... why not? But it seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to speculate and spurn on an argument about.

:lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.