Rosenthal NFC QB ranks

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Probably based on 7 years vs. 1 year from Hurts. Lets see if Hurts keeps the same or improves or was a one hit wonder.
We can agree Dak has been a roller coaster with his play and agree about Hurts in the 'wait and see' approach to how he performs this coming season (the rest of the offseason and the draft will tell a lot about the direction they go; ex. if they snag Bijon Robinson they take pressure off of Hurts).

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Of course they do.
I hope MM changes this part up, as to better routes, and more open receivers.
It will be interesting to see. And makes going into this season more fun to watch. If Moore was still here, I would not be happy about it.
Moore just didn't know how keep momentum. I think he more than opposing teams defense stumped this team

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
We can agree Dak has been a roller coaster with his play and agree about Hurts in the 'wait and see' approach to how he performs this coming season (the rest of the offseason and the draft will tell a lot about the direction they go; ex. if they snag Bijon Robinson they take pressure off of Hurts).
You put hurts in a offense run by Kellen Moore and you will appreciate Dak more.

Dak needs a run game to balance his play, and Hurts needs that even more.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I get that there's more to it than just a pass and catch. There were times where dak threw into double coverage and got there only to have a wr or te get alligator arms. But sometimes you gotta make tough catches. Then there's the 3 ints from lamb not crossing in front of two lbers and a s.

Dak has faults but plenty of those ints weren't his fault.
Yes those routes ran by Lamb were horrible, or was it the play design, or did Dak have enough time to decide not to throw it. We fans all see it different ways. And often unfairly due to a like or dislike of players or coaches.
All I know a change was needed. We will see how it works out. They have a lot to work on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care where people want to rank Dak, You ask several people and you will get several different answers. What does matter is winning a SB but again that is a team accomplishment not an individual accomplishment. There are many top QB who do not have a SB ring. It comes down to team play

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care where people want to rank Dak, You ask several people and you will get several different answers. What does matter is winning a SB but again that is a team accomplishment not an individual accomplishment. There are many top QB who do not have a SB ring. It comes down to team play
How many top QBs never led their team to a Super Bowl?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yes those routes ran by Lamb were horrible, or was it the play design, or did Dak have enough time to decide not to throw it. We fans all see it different ways. And often unfairly due to a like or dislike of players or coaches.
All I know a change was needed. We will see how it works out. They have a lot to work on.
I think it was Lambs route, every time somebody dissected it, media and ex players they all were pointing out how he screwed that up. But I'll say he fixed those issues quick. Was unstoppable after that game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How many top QBs never led their team to a Super Bowl?
Current QB? Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson and of course I said won SB you can add Burrow to the list and there are been many others over the years. I know you like to think it is all about the QB and that is fine I'm done arguing with you. You feel however you choose I really do not care to discuss with a person who is completely one dimensional when it come to what I consider the ultimate team sport.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Current QB? Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson and of course I said won SB you can add Burrow to the list and there are been many others over the years. I know you like to think it is all about the QB and that is fine I'm done arguing with you. You feel however you choose I really do not care to discuss with a person who is completely one dimensional when it come to what I consider the ultimate team sport.
When you don't have a good QB you want to downplay the importance of the QB poistion.

I get it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When you don't have a good QB you want to downplay the importance of the QB poistion.

I get it.
That is your your view. Again not going to spend my time with you debating. You don't like Dak fine that is you he is the QB of the Cowboys like it or not. You can cry all you want and it does not mean jack however you get the attention you seek so good luck with that. I'm done with you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That is your your view. Again not going to spend my time with you debating. You don't like Dak fine that is you he is the QB of the Cowboys like it or not. You can cry all you want and it does not mean jack however you get the attention you seek so good luck with that. I'm done with you.
I don't want to debate with you.

When we lose you don't show up.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think that’s based on reputation. Because everyone is infatuated with guys like Josh Allen, Burrow and Herbert…..Burrow I understand. He has the resume. If I’m being honest based on the playoffs last year? The three most impressive performances I saw came from NFC quarterbacks. Daniel Jones against the Vikings, Dak against the Buccs and Hurts against Chiefs.
People love to overhype the AFC.
I get what you're saying, but I'm still not taking Dak or Hurts over Mahomes, Burrow, Allen at this point for sure. Now we get into that next tier where I think the top NFC QBs enter into the conversation. Guys like Hurts, Dak, Herbert, Lawrence, Jackson, Tua, Rogers (assuming he's a Jet), Cousins all seem to be in that next tier to me, and you can rank them however you wanted to without much pushback from me.

I think the AFC has the tier 1 guys at this point, and they have a higher quantity of the tier 2 QBs too. Maybe I'm too harsh on the Daniel Jones & Geno Smith types, but I guess you could argue they fit into that tier 2 range as well, I just dont see it though.

bewp7

Reaction score
cool dak have zero escuse to crap the bed again

best qb in the conference and a great d

any thing less then nfccg is in escusible