Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jimmy40;1838363 said:
No, your the only one here that's ever played the game. :rolleyes: It's a good rule because it's a chicken **** way to tackle and it's been a chicken **** way to tackle since they found a funny shaped ball and.... whatever stupid crap you said. I guess you were one of the chicken ***** that tackled like that so that makes it OK.

OK. I called out your manhood apparently and you felt offended.

Hmmm, maybe you have some kind of envy problem that causes you to lash out irresponsibly? And by the way, obviously you must have played in the AML, The "All Maiden League".

Take the dresses off and let them play football. Good grief.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Smith22;1838384 said:
Because people were coming up with season ending injuries.

TO, Musa Smith, WR from TEN, etc......

you can come up with two or three examples in the past 10 yrs of somebody hurt by that

how many can we come up with in regards to the legal chop blocks?

which one is still legal?

David

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838427 said:
you can come up with two or three examples in the past 10 yrs of somebody hurt by that

It was more like finding 2 or 3 examples of Roy ruining peoples knees in the same season that lead to the rule being made.

If this is the only way he can intimidate anymore, then he is just worthless. He is a pro, there is no need to make a horse collar tackle any more. Roy is the only guy that is still stuck on this, and its infuriating. How can he not learn from his mistakes?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;1838416 said:
I respect your opinion tremendously.

The pizza invite is on.

You won't find one play where that kind of tackle is made.

Anyway, I know when I'm in over my head in a discussion.

:D

:bang2: See, this little fella here will continue to bang his head against the brick wall. BUT...my folks raised me smarter than him. ;)

Later.
It doesn't happen often Juke because most tackles are made face to face or face to side. But tackles from behind have happened for many years. They are more uncommon because it is hard to catch some guys, especially ball carriers.

In other words it is not going to be easy to find examples. Let me ask you this, when that rule was instituted how many old school players like Chuck Bednarik, Mike Ditka, and Dick Butkus said they were taking the physical aspect out of football?

I understand what you are saying with regards to judgment and I don't disagree. I will never like the rule. Football is a rough game.

As I said, the chop block has hurt far more people. In fact, until Roy Williams hurt 3 people one season I don't remember anyone being hurt by it. That's why it was called a fluke when TO and Musa Smith and I forget the other player ended up hurt. The chop block on the other hand is not a fluke.

By all means ask any player if they would rather be horse collared or chop blocked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838427 said:

how many can we come up with in regards to the legal chop blocks?

which one is still legal?

David
How many of those were career ending? The chop block has ended careers.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1838453 said:

Oh, so that makes Roys boneheaded decisions A-ok.

So what about the chop block, who cares. This thread isnt about the chop block.

Smith22

Reaction score
Get rid of the chop block as well. Roy still needs to play WITHIN the rules.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1838465 said:
Oh, so that makes Roys boneheaded decisions A-ok.

So what about the chop block, who cares. This thread isnt about the chop block.
You really need to learn to read.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1838453 said:

I hate the argument that the "Horse collar" has ended so many careers. The fact is that it HAS been happening for a long time and more careers have been ended by legal hits than illegal ones.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if he's suspended, then maybe folks will see what it's like not to have him on the squad. Should be interesting, especially if Watkins can't play.

Personally, I hope it doesn't. The timing couldn't be worse.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Can't wait to see KEITH DAVIS playing instead of Roy Williams.

:abuseme:

Tobal

Reaction score
15 yards is the penalty for a horse collar it's a big penalty.

The league has deemed that it could hurt people so they don't want it. Fine

There is no danger in head injury or paralysis, so why in hell would it be a fine or a suspension? That's just ludicrous.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Tobal;1838572 said:
15 yards is the penalty for a horse collar it's a big penalty.

The league has deemed that it could hurt people so they don't want it. Fine

There is no danger in head injury or paralysis, so why in hell would it be a fine or a suspension? That's just ludicrous.

There is also no fine or suspension for a face mask penalty but that could end up life threatening if you get caught wrong with it.

But the Horse Collar, well, we better fine, suspend, and imprison the culprits.

Either way, the rule is stupid and should be done away with.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;1838705 said:
it couldn't hurt
Yes...it could.

Seriously, what is the world coming to that you think Keith Davis would be better than Roy. For all of Roy's faults, Keith Davis' issues can be pretty awful. I shudder at the thought of him replacing Roy.