Roy could be suspended, Romo to have MRI on thumb per Glazer

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1838713 said:
Yes...it could.

Seriously, what is the world coming to that you think Keith Davis would be better than Roy. For all of Roy's faults, Keith Davis' issues can be pretty awful. I shudder at the thought of him replacing Roy.
Don't waste your time, he'll never get it.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I would say that only way he should get suspended would be if the NFL warned him.

If they told Roy that if he continues to do Horsecollar tackles, he will be suspended.

But unless that happened, I don't see any other scenario that should cause him to be suspended.

He broke the rules and got flagged for it. Should end there.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1838713 said:
Yes...it could.

Seriously, what is the world coming to that you think Keith Davis would be better than Roy. For all of Roy's faults, Keith Davis' issues can be pretty awful. I shudder at the thought of him replacing Roy.
roy isn't playing much better now than keith has in the past.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1838713 said:
I shudder at the thought of him replacing Roy.
Shudder isn't nearly a strong enough word. Some must have forgot what his cover skills are like two years ago.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1838718 said:
Don't waste your time, he'll never get it.
did you see roy today? he's just a shell of his former self. i seriously don't think if davis played in roy's spot, that it would be a drop off. hopefully we will find out next week

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;1838719 said:
I would say that only way he should get suspended would be if the NFL warned him.

The NFL warns players that ANY personal foul could warrant a suspension. It's right in the policy. And when they fine you for a personal foul, they warn you again that another one could lead to another fine and/or a suspension.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;1838728 said:
did you see roy today? he's just a shell of his former self. i seriously don't think if davis played in roy's spot, that it would be a drop off. hopefully we will find out next week
I will be taking my own advice.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I like the rule personally, you can't just grab someone from behind, and throw your body into the back of their knees that's just dirty, and personally I've played football and have seen millions of games, I've seen very few tackle this way.

I've never had a guy grab me from behind, and swing his entire body into the back of my legs or he'd be in a wheel chair today.

All Roy had to do was grab the guys legs and wrap them up, he was in position to do that, but chose to reach for the back of his collar. The legs were right there for him.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I suspect one reason why the argument of it never happened in the past comes up with this type of tackle, is until 3 years ago no one really noticed it. There was no reason to notice it. It wasn't a blow up tackle. It wasn't a personal foul. It was just a way to tackle someone who was running away from you.

If it wasn't for TO's injury I suspect we still wouldn't be noticing it that much.

Just one more rule change designed to help the offense.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Clove;1838757 said:
I like the rule personally, you can't just grab someone from behind, and throw your body into the back of their knees that's just dirty, and personally I've played football and have seen millions of games, I've seen very few tackle this way.

I've never had a guy grab me from behind, and swing his entire body into the back of my legs or he'd be in a wheel chair today.

All Roy had to do was grab the guys legs and wrap them up, he was in position to do that, but chose to reach for the back of his collar. The legs were right there for him.
it's amazing such a simple observation is ignored. he would have had him 5 yards earlier too.

that tackle was simply pathetic, i hope he IS suspended actually.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Rampage;1838728 said:

Did you see Keith Davis today?

TEK2000

Reaction score
Clove;1838757 said:

That was my thoughts on that tacke as well. I'm really not sure why he insists on going for the collar when he could just dive at the back of his legs... if he breaks the guys legs that way... they'll have to ban that method too I guess.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Going for the legs from behind isn't nearly as reliable as going for the upper body. The legs are moving targets and smaller (i.e. harder to hit). Actually if you're speaking strictly from a reliability standpoint, there is no better way to tackle a guy from behind. Every other way to do it involves you leaving your feet or going for a smaller/faster moving target. And when you go for someone's legs or dive to wrap up their waist, they fall forward. The horse collar stops them in their tracks.

I think most people agree that it is a dumb rule. But it's a rule.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i have to agree he should be suspended. how many damn times do you have to do it before you GET it?

and then to be mad about it?

unacceptable.

rathalarge

Reaction score
DBoys;1837912 said:
He should be.

I would suspend him the rest of the regular season.

Unbelievabley, when the tackle happened, i screamed "throw him out". There is NO place for this type of thing, and Roy does it every week! Period. We are a CLASS ORGANIZATION!!!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Im sorry but thats football. I admit I was mad when he did it, b/c its nicknamed after him. But goto ANY college/high school game and u routinely see that tackle. Football just isnt like it used to be. Qb's are hardly football players anymore( any hit can be ruled a personal foul now) and there are such stupid rules. :(

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1838713 said:
Yes...it could.

I share your sentiment in shuddering at the thought of Keith Davis playing safety in the regular defense

talk about someone with a huge bullseye on them, not to mention the fact that he NEVER makes a play on the ball of any kind...he has never had an int and has a career total of 3 passes defensed,...but some of the "genius" personnel guys in here think that'd be an improvement
:rolleyes:

David

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If Roy goes for the legs and misses the tackle, hes the worst safety of all time.

he just can't win.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1838922 said:
If Roy goes for the legs and misses the tackle, hes the worst safety of all time.

he just can't win.

and nobody has addressed the fact that had he not tackled McNabb, he probably would have run for at the other 15-20 yds that he got on the penalty...maybe more...

if Troy Palamalu did it, everyone would be talking about what an amazing job it was

David