Roy Williams keep your head up

Doomsay

Reaction score
newlander;3718192 said:
....the truth hurts. This guy is a CHOKER. I've been a fan of this marvelous team for 34 years. I've seen Drew Pearson, Golden Richards, Tony Hill,Michael Irvin and others NEVER have the stupidity and low football IQ of Roy Williams. We wouldn't be having this conversation if he was a 1 mil per year 3rd or 4th WR. BUT THAT' NOT WHAT HE'S PAID TO BE. He's paid well over 5 mil per year to make that play today and he failed. Stop making excuses for him.

Andre Gurode forgetting 3 snap counts was huge, as was Tnew being old and injured. But still: that game was lost by RW. Anyone that doesn't admit that has too much UT orange and white pulsating through their veins.

Packer Game last year.

wileedog

Reaction score
Randy White;3718272 said:
It's ok to hate a player, I have few on my list, but to blame anybody for being stripped of a ball after a great play is beyond stupid.

What was so great about running faster than Roy then stripping a ball because he wasn't looking?

Randy White

Reaction score
loublue22;3718258 said:
I think they can throw all they want down 11 and it wouldn't have made a difference.

So it's not " that play wouldn't have happened ", it's " it wouldn't have mattered if it did ", meaning defenses should pick their spot to do their jobs. Come up with a play when it matters and do what they want when it doesn't...

Just like I just saw a post from some one saying:

" yea the defense gave up 30 points but they courageously battled back by getting an INT and a key sack "..

Do you people realize how REDIUCULOUS you're sounding ?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Randy White;3718272 said:
It's amazing the hyperbolic blames that are thrown around here when a player is hated.

It's ok to hate a player, I have few on my list, but to blame anybody for being stripped of a ball after a great play is beyond stupid.

Cut Leon Lett after the Thanksgiven fiasco agaisnt the Dullphins, I tell ya..

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/williams_roy_07.jpg

Doomsay

Reaction score
brooksey1;3718290 said:
I agree coffee is for closers and he shouldn't get any coffee but it was a much better defensive play then a bad offensive one. We are better with RW then Sam Hurd now, next year or at anytime.

..:) ...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsay;3718255 said:
BS, he held the ball like Goldilocks.

If Roy holds onto the ball, it's most likely a win

should had both hands on the ball

not using his brain

but he went UT oh now I the reason

wheres Cowboy McCoy to defend his boy

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;3718193 said:
I'm angry at Newman as well but may have nevr happened if Roy wasn't so weaked armed just letting someone take the ball away.

We can play maybes all day long. Maybe we wouldn't have gone down 17 -0 in the first quarter. Maybe the kicker misses the first FG, maybe, maybe, maybe.

What's certain is that the Saints HAD to score a touchdown to take the lead and a FG wouldn't cut it. They had to go long. It was 3rd down!

Randy White

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718291 said:
The aire went out of the stadium with that one play. If you didn't sense that or realize we let the game slip away at that exact moment you weren't paying attention. You could literally feel the energy leave the team and the stadium the moment he fumbled that ball.

Aaahh, I see.. This team's winning and losing comes down to " one energy play ".. If that " energy play " is negative, the game is lost. If it's " positive ", the game is won.

You have a 4 points lead, about 3 minutes left, you backed up your opponent to the 10 yard line, but because it was a Roy Williams fumble, it doesn't matter what happened next because the " energy left the team and the stadium ". It's a certain loss and he's to blame..

Let me ask you something:

How about if Roy Williams drops that pass, it's 4th down, the Cowboys punt the ball, and it ends up at the same 10 yard line ? Should the Cowboys have lost " the energy " and therefor the game ?

How about if instead of Roy Williams, it's Miles Austin ? Jason Witten ? Dez Bryant ?

Undisputed

Reaction score
Associated Press said:
"I lost the ball game," Williams said. "I let my teammates down. I need to fall down. We run the clock down and win the game. I was trying to make a play and they did a good job. It's late in the game. That's the nail in the coffin. We had the momentum going our way. We were there. That was a W. I get tackled, we get in the end zone and we win. I fall down and we win."

And you know what? Roy is right. I give him credit for at least owning up to it and not just brushing it off as a "great play" by the defense. I mean, lets get freaking serious here.

rangers71

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3718150 said:
Whatever, he lost the game. It's his job to hold the ball and not allow himself to be stripped of the football. Make excuses all you want but he's a loser.

Enjoy your moral victory.

And tell me if he falls down and the next play we fumble you wouldn't be calling him an idiot for falling down and not trying to score? I am calling bull you know what on that. You would be the first to say what an a hole for not trying to score.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Roy Williams literally had the blasted game in his hands.

That was the game. Period. Dallas had them beat!

First, he didn't cover the ball up with two hands and get low or down.

Second, he let a DB, who he is bigger than, strip him. (Killer instinct?)

That ball should have been covered up with two hands and in his stomach.

Yeah. Newman got beat deep late. It was a bad one. Meachem runs a 4.3, too. Dallas had been playing man coverage in that situation the entire game.

If Roy Williams doesn't literally fumble the game away in that situation, when the Saints are just about done, Dallas is probably playing cover 2 when they go back out on defense. Brees probably doesn't get a shot a man coverage, deep.

Brees is going to be forced to work the ball down the field and isn't going to have enough time to come back from a very possible 11 point deficit.

In fact, Brees is going to have a tough time working the ball down the field with under 2 minutes left in the game.

The defense had held them to 23, and the offense was in a position for the kill shot, but Roy Williams, once again, fumbled the football.

Dallas lost points and clock when he fumbled.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Associated Press
"I lost the ball game," Williams said. "I let my teammates down. I need to fall down. We run the clock down and win the game. I was trying to make a play and they did a good job. It's late in the game. That's the nail in the coffin. We had the momentum going our way. We were there. That was a W. I get tackled, we get in the end zone and we win. I fall down and we win."

Undisputed;3718333 said:
And you know what? Roy is right. I give him credit for at least owning up to it and not just brushing it off as a "great play" by the defense. I mean, lets get freaking serious here.

Heard it all before... Over it. Post game apologetic speeches are for losers.. Especially when they begin to multiply.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
burmafrd;3718151 said:
now people read minds. Of course the roy haters want to blame him. yes he did lose the ball. AND MCbriar screwed up the hold. AND TNew blew a coverage. And so on. There were more than enough mistakes made by the boys to lose two games let alone this one.

Agreed. People don't realize all the other mistakes we made today hurt us just as bad. One play does not lose a game. It was an entire game of sloppy play, one or two questionable coaching decisions, etc..

LMAO at the guy saying Roy set up Newman to fail. Like he has anything to do with how our defense coveres receivers. Get real..

Doomsay

Reaction score
rangers71;3718340 said:
And tell me if he falls down and the next play we fumble you wouldn't be calling him an idiot for falling down and not trying to score? I am calling bull you know what on that. You would be the first to say what an a hole for not trying to score.

Why fall down? Why not just protect the ball, knowing that you are a slow receiver running a long way? Kind of simple. He cratered the game.

forever22

Reaction score
I'm not gonna say that he didn't have a part in it but it's not like the ball just popped out. He's trying to score a TD and you can't outrun anyone while using two hands to cover the ball. He scores and the game is pretty much over. He doesn't score, there is no guarantee they get a TD. The DB not only stripped him but twisted him around, giving better leverage for the ball to come lose.

There is no way that he was the result of the loss. Anyone saying that doesn't have their head on right and is just a hater. The defense is supposed to stop the other team and they failed to do it, quite quickly, let alone let them build up a lead before the last score. Kitna was missing guys had an INT.

I just can't understand how **fans** can say the D stinks and then come back and give them a pass. We all knew there were some more players needed on both sides of the ball for this to be a SB run this year, yet one play is the cause of a loss. Unbelievable.

They played sloppy on both sides

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Randy White;3718332 said:
Aaahh, I see.. This team's winning and losing comes down to " one energy play ".. If that " energy play " is negative, the game is lost. If it's " positive ", the game is won.

You have a 4 points lead, about 3 minutes left, you backed up your opponent to the 10 yard line, but because it was a Roy Williams fumble, it doesn't matter what happened next because the " energy left the team and the stadium ". It's a certain loss and he's to blame..

Let me ask you something:

How about if Roy Williams drops that pass, it's 4th down, the Cowboys punt the ball, and it ends up at the same 10 yard line ? Should the Cowboys have lost " the energy " and therefor the game ?

Whatever...you can talk to yourself about what ifs all night, but I'm talking about what actually happened in the game.

The moment Roy caught the ball and headed upfield and got inside the 20 yard line, we had a 4 point lead with 3 minutes to play and the Saints had one timeout and a 2 minute warning. Was the game clinched? No, but our chances of winning the game were VERY high!

But the moment he fumbled the ball we were one play away from losing, which is exactly what happened when one of the top 3 QBs in football made the play to beat us.

Randy White

Reaction score
41gy#;3718347 said:
Yeah. Newman got beat deep late. It was a bad one. Meachem runs a 4.3, too. Dallas had been playing man coverage in that situation the entire game..

So, in other words, your boy, who's making more than Roy Williams, has been TOASTED for almost the entire year, is old and can't play man to man anymore, therefor he gets a pass, like senior citizens..

or do you mean " gets passed on " ?

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
brooksey1;3718110 said:
The defense made a great play to strip Roy of the ball. He played great today. I really like what he has been doing with his routes and he has great hands, the guy is an asset to our team. What happened was unfortunate but he switched the ball from his right to left when he saw the defender and another came in from his blind side and was able to a lot of hand on the ball for the strip. The loss is not on Roy Williams.

At that point in the game, there's no point in struggling for yards. Just get tf down. He was going for the TD which was a bone head move. WR's are paid to catch the ball thrown right at the numbers. He blew it and we lost.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
parcells316;3718159 said:
well, I was mad as hell at him but he made some real nice grabs in the ballgame and was blocking terrific all day. It sucks he didn't either see Jenkins or didn't realize at that point if he just goes down we have about a 99% chance of winning that game. I feel for the guy because his time here has been a downer and even when he does something to help it goes awry.

Well said.